The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you know how much you can charge for a service?

Idea threads

Hugo134

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Nov 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

Last week I had a haircut,and I relized that my barbershop does not have the option to book an appoinmet via google/booksy so I have to call everytime I want to go ,which is not ideal ,sometimes .I would also like to pay in advance.

I came up with an idea: setting up a booksy account for them so they can manage all appoinments and everything through it.

The trouble I am finding is how much should I charge for my time or even if you would pay for it if it was your business.

For reference , I am living in Spain and an average haircut here is around the 15€ mark.

Some feedback will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria
Hello everyone,

Last week I had a haircut,and I relized that my barbershop does not have the option to book an appoinmet via google/booksy so I have to call everytime I want to go ,which is not ideal ,sometimes .I would also like to pay in advance.

I came up with an idea: setting up a booksy account for them so they can manage all appoinments and everything through it.

The trouble I am finding is how much should I charge for my time or even if you would pay for it if it was your business.

For reference , I am living in Spain and an average haircut here is around the 15€ mark.

Thank you in advance.
Hello, seems like it would be a good way for delivering value and help generate more business for your potential customers.
I recently finished "100M $ Offers" by Alex Hormozi and I think you would benefit from reading it. I always wondered how it is possible that some people charge enormous sums and why people agree to pay them happily (hint: value). The book helped me to understand the reasons.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:

Gabriel0504

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 28, 2022
I think that they would accept the same price/haircut as they received before.

So what I would do if I was you is simply creating everything for them, while raising the price with 2-3 euros and keeping the difference for myself.

Let's say they were charging 15 euro/haircut, you can have a chat with them about booksy and everything, explaining them how things work and asking them to raise the bar at 17 euro/haircut whjle you keep the 2 euro/haircut difference for yourself.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Trial and error. Test this idea on 100 barbers, gather feedback. Test on 100 different barbers with a different price point.

Let's say you charge 10 cents per haircut. They do 5 haircuts/hour, 8 hours, so 40 haircuts. You now make $4/day in perpetuity from this one barber shop, or an extra ~$100/month.

Or you can charge them a one time fee.

You need to try to make the sale and feel that pushback, hard no, or green light to know your next steps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

Really it comes down to what it is worth to them.

You would have to see if they actually even want help in the first place, then how much they value a better system, and then what budget they have to work with.

It seems tricky to wrap your head around that since "the solution is the same", but pricing is much more about what they have to spend than what it costs you to make it.

So the answer is you need to talk to them to figure out what it is worth.

Hugo134

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Nov 9, 2021
Thank you for all the responses.

For what I can read it appears that it is a matter of putting myself out there and test the market.

Thank you !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.