The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! How do you generate ideas?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Or just use Excel. It has numerous functions to help find names and tag them for verification:

You can use Ctrl + F for the Find and Replace box to find individual names...

Or =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),1,0) to tag items that are already in the list with '1', and those that aren't with '0'

On a side note, I didn't know how technologically backwards I was until I had to learn Excel in university...and they weren't even macros. Just your basic shit like pivot tables.

Excel should be amongst the first things taught in high school computer classes...but in my country, the few schools I know that do just forced kids to memorize coding jargon WITHOUT THE f*ckING COMPUTER.
(I know because I talked to a niece of mine)

If staff in a university don't know how to do Excel sheets, the whole place must be closed down immediately and all the money refunded to the students.
Lol, you wouldn't believe this but the project names were all in different physical books, so Book A - C had all the project names from the history of the accounting department from A - C, it was a nightmare, I had to type all the names of every project of my department into a word file for the programmer, lol... so while my mates were partying, I was typing, this was 9-10 years ago in a Nigerian university just for context.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ayobami23

PARKED
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Sep 16, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm on a mission to become an idea machine and I'm challenging myself to come up with 10 ideas everyday. I'm curious to see how you might come up with ideas.

Here's how I do it so far:
  • Idea sex: mix two random products together = ?'s
  • Problem based: Either through my own problems, or asking questions to friends and families about their problems
  • "Wouldn't it be great if....".... finish the sentence with what product or service you think would be great
  • Imagining the future: What do you think the future will look like and what products and services will need to be around to support it
  • Reverse imagination: What things do we use/or do that people will look back on in 10 years time and think, "wow, that was stupid" (such as reading maps!)
  • Plus just general lists like:
    • Ideas for a podcast
    • Things that annoy me
    • Things that would make me laugh
    • Ideas for TV shows or movies
My aim is to build a strong idea muscle through working it out everyday that I will find an idea that I'll be confident enough to being me to the fastlane.

How do you come up with ideas?
Well to me improving an existing products or services makes the fast lane easier.
Each ideas you that comes to your mind,never forget to interact with the market to know if they love your idea to avoid spending time on the idea the market doesn't want .

Madd

New Contributor
Oct 24, 2015
It’s very interesting that the article seems not to be the recommend first step. More the second after having identified a problem. But than not random ideas (how to write a blog …), but more problem specific .

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom