The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you deal with the "rainy days".

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys,

Quick question for the more experienced entrepreneurs/forum members and those that have been through what I'm about to describe.

So I'm just sitting here at home today, looking at my different brands/companies, looking at sales for the day, inventory, etc. and it hit me. This mental cloud came over me ready to ruin my mood. Ready to ruin my day. It started pouring mental rain all over me. It made me drown in thoughts of:

- "what am I doing with my life?"
- "so what?"
- "now what?"
- "is this even sustainable?"

The cloud finally started moving again. It got clear. But, the damage was done. My mood changed 180 degrees. I became "sad". I tried forcing a smile to those that were interacting with me hours after this storm. I don't know how to feel. I don't know how to react. I don't know what to change.

Has anyone been through something similar? How do you or did you handle it?

Been happening quite often lately, out of nowhere... I don't understand why.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey guys,

Your inner self is telling you it is time for change. It sounds like you might be bored, have a bad case of FOMO, or be lonely. Look in the mirror and talk to that guy. It doesn't sound like you are enjoying your life. Are you challenged both mentally and physically? Are you pushing yourself to strive, or have you hit a plateau? In general, human need to feel like they are moving forward. When they feel stuck and/or trapped, they get sick, depressed and/or irrational.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I let it play out. I feel my emotions and ask myself why I feel down. Once I find the root cause, I take action to fix it. Sometimes it takes days or weeks. And that's okay.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I let it play out. I feel my emotions and ask myself why I feel down. Once I find the root cause, I take action to fix it. Sometimes it takes days or weeks. And that's okay.
You're right. You ID the problem and take actions to make the necessary changes. And then you give it enough time for those changes to take effect. Good plan.
Some people take a hand full of pills to instantly feel better -- and that short sighted act does NOT create good feelings and changes over the long haul...

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
PURPOSE - The focus on my purpose is my main help, surely, on slow days, on tough days, on impossible days this happens, but, my purpose and my focus on the larger goal ahead that I'm gearing towards, is what keeps me grounded.

We often can't know what the final turnout of things will be, we can only envision what we desire and carry out the necessary actions to get us there. This helps keep me grounded, even when my thoughts are gibberish to everyone else, it's clear to me and that matters.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hey guys,

Quick question for the more experienced entrepreneurs/forum members and those that have been through what I'm about to describe.

So I'm just sitting here at home today, looking at my different brands/companies, looking at sales for the day, inventory, etc. and it hit me. This mental cloud came over me ready to ruin my mood. Ready to ruin my day. It started pouring mental rain all over me. It made me drown in thoughts of:

- "what am I doing with my life?"
- "so what?"
- "now what?"
- "is this even sustainable?"

The cloud finally started moving again. It got clear. But, the damage was done. My mood changed 180 degrees. I became "sad". I tried forcing a smile to those that were interacting with me hours after this storm. I don't know how to feel. I don't know how to react. I don't know what to change.

ill take a bad day any day vs a bad life. dont dwell on it.

Damien C

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I get these days. I usually put on my runners, create a playlist and I go out and run until I can't continue. Exercise works wonders for your mind and attitude. You don't really need to change anything until this is a dominating, daily thought. You just acknowledge your feelings. "I feel lousy, but that's OK" - and like others have said "This too shall pass" We're all in a constant state of flux. Just maintain higher perspective and be give yourself a break at times.

WaterWerks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
im not a more experienced entrepreneur by any means, but ill chime in.
when emotions collide with your mental thinking depending on what you're thinking your mood is bound to change. for better or worst.
it wasn't a cloud ready to ruin your day until you made it out to be a cloud that will ruin your day.
next time this happens and you feel this cloud coming over you, think positive and you'll notice a difference.

you cant pray for rain and not be willing to deal with the mud.

good luck to you sir.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
For me it's just resignation. When you're resigned to the work, because you know full well it's the only (fuzzy) path forward for you, uncertainty and pain become irrelevant. The easiest way to stay the path is to know you have no other choice.

You think like a subsistence farmer. He lives in constant hope and uncertainty that he'll harvest enough food that he and his family won't starve. He can't know that. But he does know that if he doesn't work, their deaths are guaranteed. So he resigns himself to it, and works dawn to dusk.

M.A.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 2, 2018
Holland
It used to happen to me too. It has helped me to view things differently. Let's imagine things are always perfect. Perfect sales, perfect life etc. How can you appreciate this if you haven't experienced bad things? You should be grateful for the bad things because they give you the opportunity to learn something. If you view it this way, failure isn't negative. It's just learning. There are so many people who've created success. If they can do it, you can do it too.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
The responses in this thread are pure gold. Thanks guys!

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
When I get in a foul mood or am just feeling down, I try to step WAY back and realize just how ridiculously amazing my life is.

Running water. Food in the fridge. A loving family. My pooch.

I don't recall where I heard/read this, but this guy is out at night freezing his a$$ off in the cold and his buddy says "look at the moon. It's reflecting the light from the sun. Now just imagine those warm sun beams reflecting off the moon onto your face. Look-up and take in the warmth"

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but even in the worst time I can usually find a way to get out of it. Some times you just need to step a little further back. Even when I'm stuck in D.C. traffic, I'm still in a truck with heated seats and my Spotify playlist...

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
When I get in a foul mood or am just feeling down, I try to step WAY back and realize just how ridiculously amazing my life is.

Running water. Food in the fridge. A loving family. My pooch.

I don't recall where I heard/read this, but this guy is out at night freezing his a$$ off in the cold and his buddy says "look at the moon. It's reflecting the light from the sun. Now just imagine those warm sun beams reflecting off the moon onto your face. Look-up and take in the warmth"

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but even in the worst time I can usually find a way to get out of it. Some times you just need to step a little further back. Even when I'm stuck in D.C. traffic, I'm still in a truck with heated seats and my Spotify playlist...
This is super effective, coming back to what you have and expressing gratitude is key to battle the rainy days!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I've been going through this myself. I believe many people are at the moment. Change is necessary for growth, evolution, and it's raising the bar, pushing your limits, and stepping into new territory. Pioneering and getting out of your comfort zone. And questioning whether you're in the right direction, making the right choices, is what you've been doing working, or you need to completely re-invent yourself.

This is always happening with me and I believe it's just part of the process. I haven't seen any Entrepreneur yet stay doing the same thing constantly over a long period of time. They're always doing something new, innovative, creative, making improvements, adjusting, adapting, and perhaps at times they might have those low moments, but pull themselves back up.

Question always remains what is working and not working. What are you avoiding? What are you not wanting to do? And face those things your avoiding and do them regardless of your mood, emotions, or feelings. I think it's about getting real with yourself. Real with your intentions and motivations. How bad do you want it? What are you going to do to get there? Are you looking for a Hero to come save the day? Perhaps you're the hero in the situation and are being forced to be a leader and lead the way versus waiting for someone else to step in and take action for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.