Hello,
I've grown so much since I was introduced to the fastlane forum and start reading books like TMF , Rich Dad Poor Dad, Delievering Happiness and so on.
Since this is my last year of school I get a lot of pressure from family members on what to do next.
I respect all of them and I have the true belief that they all try to give me their best advice but I dont want to go the traditional road.
I've always told them for the last months I dont know what I want to do, I still do "research" but in reality I inside of me, know what I want to do.
Its part of beeing an entrepreneur to make your own decisions, but how should I tell my loved ones that I make my own decisions for my future.
It stresses me out that my grandmother ALWAYS talks about HER future plans for MY life, just like my parents and other people in my family.
My question is basically how I can politely say that I do what I think is right, not someone else?
I dont want to hurt the relationship with my family if possible, even tho I am willing to do this if there is no other way around.
Ps: Of cause this will only matter if I can provide for myself and housing.
I wont sit in my parents basement, telling them how smart I am and let them provide for me while I pursue my "entrepreneurial career"
Thanks in advance for potential answers.
I've grown so much since I was introduced to the fastlane forum and start reading books like TMF , Rich Dad Poor Dad, Delievering Happiness and so on.
Since this is my last year of school I get a lot of pressure from family members on what to do next.
I respect all of them and I have the true belief that they all try to give me their best advice but I dont want to go the traditional road.
I've always told them for the last months I dont know what I want to do, I still do "research" but in reality I inside of me, know what I want to do.
Its part of beeing an entrepreneur to make your own decisions, but how should I tell my loved ones that I make my own decisions for my future.
It stresses me out that my grandmother ALWAYS talks about HER future plans for MY life, just like my parents and other people in my family.
My question is basically how I can politely say that I do what I think is right, not someone else?
I dont want to hurt the relationship with my family if possible, even tho I am willing to do this if there is no other way around.
Ps: Of cause this will only matter if I can provide for myself and housing.
I wont sit in my parents basement, telling them how smart I am and let them provide for me while I pursue my "entrepreneurial career"
Thanks in advance for potential answers.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
