The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How come we are not discussing Outsource Force by John Reese ?

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010
How come we are not discussing Outsource Force by John Reese ?
Any experience with his previous products ?
I would be very grateful for any advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

w4rl0rdx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 2, 2009
Michigan
Re: How come we are not discussing Outsource Force by John Reese

Interesting read MJ, thanks for the link... although... you can't deny that JR is rich so the question is, is his OVERPRICED information useful? One mans trash is an others treasure. :smash:

Apr 27, 2010

popcornEmoticon.gif

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009

I think idea of outsourcing is useful. There is a ton of info on other sites that is free on how to Outsource. What John Reese is selling is coaching. Which sounds very similar to Robert Kiyosaki's coaching. Its just an up-sell in my opinion. He is giving you a bunch of free info to get you interested then sells his very expensive product to you. If you are interested in outsourcing check out the warriorforum or even this site has some info.

Check this out... Lots of info and free

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...forum/122518-all-one-outsourcing-secrets.html

Mike

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Because most of us here experiment and work with real concepts, not buy overpriced junk from "guru's". We work on becoming our own guru's.

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks MJ :)
NO I am not an affiliate !, I was actually planning to get on his course, Now I am very confused about all the hype, because

1. I have received the same message from Frank Kern, Problogger guy (darren ), Yaro Starak etc, what is your opinion about these guys ?
  2. John said something about test test test, in one of his old videos (I think), so I thought that was good advice.
  3. As I explained in http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...25847-steps-affiliate-success.html#post127547 I find it extremely difficult to decide who has actually providing genuine advice.
  4. Think the most compelling this for me was Tony Robbins with Frank and John (I didn't know about Frank before this !), here Viddler.com - Tony Robbins Interview with Frank Kern and John Reese - Uploaded by khalidalzanki
So I am very confused !

BTW why does erinblaskie say , "What John should also be telling people is that managing a team and building your own overseas “outsource force” is going to take TIME, MONEY and PATIENCE. This is exactly why companies like mine exist. "
JR does say that it is going to take TIME, MONEY and PATIENCE
Is this an affiliate arrangement ?

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks Mike:)
Very useful link.
I've read a few posts by JR on the warriorforum and it was very good advice. So I remain very confused :)

I think idea of outsourcing is useful. There is a ton of info on other sites that is free on how to Outsource. What John Reese is selling is coaching. Which sounds very similar to Robert Kiyosaki's coaching. Its just an up-sell in my opinion. He is giving you a bunch of free info to get you interested then sells his very expensive product to you. If you are interested in outsourcing check out the warriorforum or even this site has some info.

Check this out... Lots of info and free

All-In-One: Outsourcing Secrets

Mike

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

I am all for testing ! I've tried a range of black hat stuff and now I am into building useful sites which actually contribute to people by solving problems and filling needs, compared to blackhat stuff which generates money (for the owners of the system and the users) but not very useful for the actual customers and contributes to the index pollution.

I have done some outsourcing and it is a real concept ?

I am following Brin Sher's advice about learning from others !,

Because most of us here experiment and work with real concepts, not buy overpriced junk from "guru's". We work on becoming our own guru's.

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks for understanding my point of view w4rl0rdx :)

Interesting read MJ, thanks for the link... although... you can't deny that JR is rich so the question is, is his OVERPRICED information useful? One mans trash is an others treasure. :smash:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Frank Kern and John Reese are best of friends. Very cool guys but of course they are going to endorse each other's stuff. They do provide a lot of value but sometimes I think they way over charge for the value. (Note: I did not say they overcharge for great stuff, I said they can sometimes overcharge for undervalued material).

What is your goal?

It is my humble opinion that you need to ask a better quality question to get what you want. Obviously you are looking at this product but why? What is the promise it is giving you? Phrase that promise in the form of a question on this forum and you will get a high quality answer and nada spent!

:smx19:

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks Steve :)
I guess what I want to find out is

1. I am looking at the product because
    1. I've tried outsourcing and could you some more help, for example one of the jobs I posted got 120 applicants !
    2. I have never tested JR's products but "heard" very positive things ?
  2. Should I spend 2k on this course ?
  3. Would it be a waste of time + £
  4. If things go wrong would I get a refund (JR says there is a money back guarantee)
  5. Many keep advising about testing everything, but when it comes to this product fail to suggest that I should try this and findout for my self , and if unsatisfied request a refund.
  6. I will try asking on this forum as well :)
Frank Kern and John Reese are best of friends. Very cool guys but of course they are going to endorse each other's stuff. They do provide a lot of value but sometimes I think they way over charge for the value. (Note: I did not say they overcharge for great stuff, I said they can sometimes overcharge for undervalued material).

What is your goal?

It is my humble opinion that you need to ask a better quality question to get what you want. Obviously you are looking at this product but why? What is the promise it is giving you? Phrase that promise in the form of a question on this forum and you will get a high quality answer and nada spent!

:smx19:

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Hey Sparlin:),
Not your fault at all
I received this message through 5 different rss feeds that I've subscribed to.
I would assume the need, a forum like this is filling (or the problem its solving) is giving the ability to present even the trickiest questions and seek advice from members who are not only knowledgeable but helpful.

My attitude might explain why people dislike my questions in IRL especially when I really want to know the "Why" of it and "Evidence" for their hypothesis, reasoning etc

I'm not sure, but I may have started the Outsource Force discussion with this post a few days ago. I have no affiliation with these guys, this is just one of several marketing email lists that I'm on. Sorry guys.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...38-bidding-web-developer-site.html#post128568

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009

I would recommend using the free advice that is available and spend only $300 - $400 a month and give a virtual assistant a try. If it doesn't work out for you then spend the $2000 for John Reese's training. All he is going to do is hype it up, give you the tools you already have, and keep you accountable. If you can keep yourself accountable then you should be fine.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

I would recommend using the free advice that is available and spend only $300 - $400 a month and give a virtual assistant a try. If it doesn't work out for you then spend the $2000 for John Reese's training. All he is going to do is hype it up, give you the tools you already have, and keep you accountable. If you can keep yourself accountable then you should be fine.

:iagree:

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada

Now that's an interesting point. I don't know about the rest of their products, but this one in particular seems to be marketed towards entrepreneurs. Specifically the ones that are either in a hurry to become successful or are already on their way and are just starting to look into prospecting other people for help.

At first I thought a two grand price tag is way too much for any form of information product... Then I thought about (what I perceive as) the target market. Young (as in fairly fresh) entrepreneurs who are willing to scrape together extra money to get their ideas going. Often these people seek out investments or they've been saving for years. Many of them have burned bridges to keep focus (quit jobs, etc.) so they will be in a hurry to get things going.

Someone who is too stressed to want / be able to perform much scattered research. They're in the market to make money faster. These people are too green to either have the research on hand, or friends who can help them outsource.

According to wikianswers, 600,000 businesses are started each year in the US. Now... How likely is it that the same people who don't search out all their own information in the first place, going to change their mind about it because of the price tag? Probably a fair few.
However, if you can change enough minds by instilling the idea that the money put in will get hundreds of thousands or millions back, well, the losses from those too scared of the price won't matter.

In case it's not obvious, this post isn't meant to be a reflection of the actual value of the product, nor is it meant to guess at anyone elses way of thinking. It just explains how I could come to the realization of a $2,000 price tag in this situation. I'll sum it all up in one easy equation...

Having big dreams + Willing to take high risk = Likely to spend big.

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009

I would have to say that even if you spend the $2000 dollars and are spoon feed the information it still doesn't mean your on top of the game. Real skill to any field is being able to take what you learn (free or paid info) and taking the next step. I personally like to take a few different sources then just one person. I watched these videos and then went over to warrior forum and found a ton of other resources that are working for lots of people. I didn't have to pay a penny for that info. The information that agreed with John Reese is now even more valuable to me since I heard it from two people.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

This is a funny market.

All of the top guys know each other. All of them are the top affiliate tier for each other. They all sell each other products.

And their 'customers' keep paying and paying, rarely applying any of the knowledge, spending lots of time talking about this or that product, and not making any money.

I really don't get it.

But... these guys keep the money coming in. So they must the doing something right.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada

This is a funny market.

All of the top guys know each other. All of them are the top affiliate tier for each other. They all sell each other products.

And their 'customers' keep paying and paying, rarely applying any of the knowledge, spending lots of time talking about this or that product, and not making any money.

I really don't get it.

But... these guys keep the money coming in. So they must the doing something right.

Think of the kind of person who's like that. Someone who wants easy answers, gets excited, has big dreams, but lacks a very key personality trait... The ability to stay motivated and focused on doing a task to completion. So when they get bored of it, the next big thing will fire up their desires for another few weeks or months.

I know that kind of person very well. I'm just like them. :coco:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

This is a funny market.

I really don't get it.

They are a great team. I have been researching the whole group. Actually Tony Robbins started doing the same thing with his Money Masters course. He interviews all of these guys (who are coincidentally coaching him now). But on top of that I have gone back to learn lots of internet marketing and find all of these guys on each other's offers at one point or another.

I really think these guys are the real deal. They are honest and up front and truly want to help people make money. Obviously it comes down to do people actually use their products, right? I believe that people do, but by the time someone purchases the product, it is out-dated (or at least a portion of customers). The internet changes so rapidly that today a certain formula might work, tomorrow it might now. But since it has made a lot of money for people it deserves a high price.

I know for certain information I would pay that kind of a price. To go to a Tony Robbins Seminar I would pay twice as much.

Gary Vaynechuk has it right when he says "people who are selling information products are going to be the next to fail" - why does he say that? Because it is all becoming free. Like faq88 just said, you can go over to the warrior forum and get your information free. Beats the hell out of a $2,000 price tag.

But on the other hand, I think super specialized knowledge such as Tony Robbins' will always be worth it... but that is for a different thread...:eek:fftopic:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

The question isn't really whether it's worth $2000.

It's "is it worth $2000 to you?" and only you can answer this question. From the looks of your questions, I'm gonna say NO. It's not the right time. I will admit that I don't know anything about the course, but it really doesn't sound like you have a direction and you are hoping that this course will be the step by step guide. And it really could be, but do you have something to apply it to?

Last year I attended an advanced SEO class that was 1 week and cost $2000. The class had 6 people. Out of the 6 people in the class, only 2 of us had websites and in all honesty only I belonged there. Why? Because I could directly apply the knowledge I learned when I went home each night.

The other 4 people wanted to be in online businesses. But if you don't have a website and you don't have a business, learning about how to build pr pyramids is way over your head. I could see eyes glazing over as we learned about latent semantic indexing. It was rocket science to the person who just learned basic link building the day before.

This was good stuff for me. $2000 well spent. I made it back within a month easily.

As for the other 4 people, $2000 wasted IMO. Even if they did end up with a website a month later, they would have to go back and review or relearn what was taught.

So you have to ask yourself what do you need to learn right now. Are you ready to learn and apply it? If so, it could be worth the $2000.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Gary Vaynechuk has it right when he says "people who are selling information products are going to be the next to fail" - why does he say that? Because it is all becoming free. Like faq88 just said, you can go over to the warrior forum and get your information free. Beats the hell out of a $2,000 price tag.
I don't agree with this point.

If that were true then the colleges that posted their information online, for example, would be completely dead, but they still get enough people enrolling every semester.

Kenric's point is extremely valid as well.

But most people are not capable of consuming the information in a good way, so they need an instructor to lead them at a defined pace, and to hold them accountable with the 'homework' and assignments.

So I still see a huge need for small pieces of information, and guided material.

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009

I don't agree with this point.

If that were true then the colleges that posted their information online, for example, would be completely dead, but they still get enough people enrolling every semester.

Kenric's point is extremely valid as well.

But most people are not capable of consuming the information in a good way, so they need an instructor to lead them at a defined pace, and to hold them accountable with the 'homework' and assignments.

So I still see a huge need for small pieces of information, and guided material.
Should the OP be spending $2000 on this course? This seems kind of steep and his money could be spent better somewhere else. Maybe there is a cheaper course, but I still don't think there is any substitute to just going out there and trying it out.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Gary's argument is fundamentally wrong.

The reason is simple, information is not sell-able. It is already free, openly available and not protect-able in any way.

Smart information publishers will never sell information, what you are selling is the time savings to gather the information, or the effective presentation or organization of information or a depth of understanding or analysis of the information.

Very rarely is the information itself the primary value of an information products.

Since information can always be refined, better organized and better understood, the information products industry will always be in high demands and be something that people will gladly throw down money for.

imho :urock2:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Gary's argument is fundamentally wrong.

The reason is simple, information is not sell-able. It is already free, openly available and not protect-able in any way.

Smart information publishers will never sell information, what you are selling is the time savings to gather the information, or the effective presentation or organization of information or a depth of understanding or analysis of the information.

Very rarely is the information itself the primary value of an information products.

Since information can always be refined, better organized and better understood, the information products industry will always be in high demands and be something that people will gladly throw down money for.

imho :urock2:
Damn!

Jon said it right, better than me, and added a point I forgot to add to my argument.

I want to be like JonLee when I grow up....

Rep++

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010

Hi all :),
Thanks for all the responses.
Perhaps I should try the course and give feedback as to whether it was useful or not. That's probably the only way I would findout whether I am ready to
1. Receive this education
2. Take action based on what is taught
Guess if I am unhappy I could ask for a refund (I would be very reluctant to do this though! )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.