First time poster, and reader of the fastlane. I see that a lot of you create ecommerce stores in niche markets and I am planning on trying this out. My question is that in this day and age amazon sells pretty much everything. Am I getting on this train too late (is small time ecommerce a thing of the past) or is this still a thriving market. I know there is no hard answer on this and there will always be sales to be made somewhere but wanted to get some discussion on the future of small time ecommerce websites. Some background on me, I am a graphic designer, mobile/web developer. I had a lot of ideas for making websites similar in style to FMyLife.com textsfromlastnight.com and things like that, but realize that if you are selling a product there will probably be more money to be made than just getting pageviews and ads/sponsors (and the sites in that humor market are extremely flooded). If there are any other good starting avenues with relatively minimal startup costs to consider besides ecommerce I would love to hear about them as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
