The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So if your are making websites for a certain niche, won't you just be setting up businesses to compete with each other?

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
I'm just curious if this logic will cross customers minds when I get to that point. If I'm making websites for a bakery and that's my specialty, then as a customer how do I know the business owner has my best interest at heart? just curious on what your thoughts are...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm just curious if this logic will cross customers minds when I get to that point. If I'm making websites for a bakery and that's my specialty, then as a customer how do I know the business owner has my best interest at heart? just curious on what your thoughts are...
I think it's more the one on one conversation you have with them. If your baker, you obviously, have to order a wedding cake for example. I wouldn't just buy a wedding cake from the photograph, or what is written. I went to the store its self, she sat down and I tasted different pieces of cake.

I assume your a local baker that has a website that is moving your direction. I would make sure the photographs are professional and good taste. When your talking about food, they want to taste it, smell it, visualize it, before they order and buy it.

Then of course your words have to match this as well with the senses.

You need customer reviews that are legit and back up what they've experienced.

Then your selection of bakery items.

Depends on what you offer. Some individuals go to bakery's for bread, pastries, pies, cakes, cookies, and donuts.

Family business or corporation? The website is different depending on what type of business. Then discounts once in awhile.

I'm more of going there myself, then look on a website, but I try not too be in the area. lol

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

One would hope these bakeries each have some unique aspect, a reason for some to choose that bakery over others.

So yes they compete in a general sense, but if they have a non commoditized business, they shouldn't also be different, have advantages, and focus on serving different segments of the market.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ask the person good questions to show you will personalize your output and make sure the final product doesn't look like the same template as the other bakery you did in the same town.

Also, this isn't as big a concern as you might think it is. If you show them 3 bakery sites that look different, they will understand you are an expert and this doubt won't creep into their minds.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Competition is a good thing.

If a customer poses that concern (a reminder most beginners in business love to invent scenarios), use it to your advantage. How? Respond with a powerful question.

For example:
Customer: If you specialize in *niche* websites, then that means you work with all my competitors. Wouldn't that put us at a disadvantage?
You: Do you envision a website being the biggest attribute that would distinguish you from your competitors?
Customer: No
You: I wouldn't hope so. Ready to get started?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
You will be setting up competitors, yes.
People dont look at it that way.
Why did they come to you on the first place? What problem did they need solved?
Everyone should handle their own business.
You should to.
You only have to sayisfy the need you are serving. From there on its not your responsibility.

Are you worried that clients wont work with you because you are working with other clients in the same niche?

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
You will be setting up competitors, yes.
People dont look at it that way.
Why did they come to you on the first place? What problem did they need solved?
Everyone should handle their own business.
You should to.
You only have to sayisfy the need you are serving. From there on its not your responsibility.

Are you worried that clients wont work with you because you are working with other clients in the same niche?
Something like that. If I propose to make the best websites around for their particular industry, and everyone is getting the best websites around, then they aren't getting the best. They're getting average. I am thinking too much about this?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Something like that. If I propose to make the best websites around for their particular industry, and everyone is getting the best websites around, then they aren't getting the best. They're getting average. I am thinking too much about this?
Yup, you are thinking too much about it.
Just strive to do excelent work, deliver it on time and let the customers handle their own business.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The nice thing about that is you can create scarcity if you only work with one Bakery in an area.

If you're any good, some people will pay you simply because they don't want the competition to have you.

"We only work with one bakery per geographic area. We're committed to being your partner and want to bring you as much business as possible."

Not sure where you are, but if you're in the States, you could easily say 1 per state. That's 50 clients... but in reality you could definitely split up by specific cities. Now you have hundreds of potential clients. You've narrowed down your niche and now you can decide WHO you want to work with.

The sales process becomes interviews with the owners instead of begging them to sign up. Does that make any sense?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.