The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How 8 year old's plan to buy a Ferrari

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
The slowlane is drilled into us at an early age, cut costs, save every penny, win the lotto or a game show:
How My 8-Year-Old Son Plans to Buy a Ferrari when He Turns 16 - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"Zach's Seven Easy Steps to Ferrari Ownership:1. Act good so I earn my allowance.
2. Stop buying so many toys.
3. Sell my old toys and old books.
4. Open a savings account. (I already have $13 in change in my piggy bank, you know.)
5. Go on "Wheel of Fortune" and win $100,000.
6. Get a job as a police officer.
7. If I don't have enough money to get a Ferrari when I'm 16, I'll get a Ferrari for my next car. My first car can be a Mustang or Volkswagen Beetle...or any sports car-a Corvette, Lamborghini, Porsche, whatever. And then, later on, I'll sell that car and buy a Ferrari."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
With the right guidance that kid will even surpass Sir Branson! :eusa_clap:

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
What is interesting is how small most of us are taught as youngsters. "Get a 'good' job," etc.

He gains (and can therefore give) the most who serves the most. It's a circle of good.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
At least he is creative enough to set goals.

As silly as the plan actually is, I'm willing to bet he's one of less than 1% of kids his age who put anything like that in writing.

It's one thing to say "I want to be an astronaut". It's another thing to write down "1. Get better grades, 2. Read only astronomy books, 3......"

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
The real important thing in all of that is that he would sell a Lambo in order to buy a Ferrari :)

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Mustang OR VOLKSWAGON BEETLE?! How in the hell does a beetle look or compare in any way possible to any of the other cars listed? haha. Oh well, I am sure all of us when we were little wanted to be Michael Jordan or some other famous athlete/singer at the time we were little kids. Yes, I know MJ was not in college when you were little for most people on this forum lol.

CTamme

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 27, 2012
QC, Iowa
Mustang OR VOLKSWAGON BEETLE?!

The new Beetles are much sportier then the last model. Plus the kid is 8 and an older sibling might have one. I used to think trans-ams were cool because my uncle had one. At that age you are easily influenced by your environment.

At least the kid has goals.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
wow ... Im impressed a kid at 8 actually set goals to achieve something thats 8 years away. As simple and slowlane as his plan is, I must say that he has a fastlane meantality that for his young age. Ofcourse he doesnt know better, but as he grows, his plans will start to transform into a better approach. I dont know any 8 year old kid who is willing to sacrifice all their toys..open bank accounts, etc ... or even thinking of a job ...

Most adults dont even have a plan these days to buy a damn Civic, so who am I to say this kid wont make it happen.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
If he's guided well he will have his Ferrari at 15!

Youngsters have a whole lot of information available to them now. Nurture this kid's drive and you'll see the next fastlane in the making.

Aututto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 8, 2012
Haha this is cool thinking for an eight year old!!!! He'll maybe run into the fast lane book younger than most of us when reality of the slow lane hits him!!!

When I was eight I sold star wars toys from stores a couple hours out (buy them when we went out of town) to kids in my neighborhood for profit. And I bought a ps1 and crash bandicoot with my money!!! (Saved some b-day and Christmas too). But I never even allowed myself to think of a ferrari!!! Haha this kid had a passion I'm sure he'll get one.

jacob

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Nov 21, 2011
Excellent kid, even he's 8 years old he set high goals in life and plan carefully to achieve it.

fsna.hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2013
I wish I had the same mindset as him when I was 8! I'd probably just train my son to be a fastlaner when he gets older.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
I new I wanted a Lamborghini at 4 but didn't have a plan. Lol. He's way ahead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.