Software to assist in finding Hot Selling products seems to be big business, but let me tell you about a novel business that resulted from thinking outside the square.
The idea came to my book reader several years ago when he tired of the inconvenience involved in working in his slowlane job that required a lot of travel within the country in which he lived as well as overseas.
One day when traveling to a remote location he remembered that he had seen a strange kind of business on one of his overseas trips. Maybe he could possibly do something similar to start a business of his own??? The idea was very simple, but sourcing the main product that he required for the enterprise proved to be a major stumbling block.
Using my sourcing book as a guide proved fruitless and he became frustrated, upon which he turned to me for help. I soon joined him in feeling frustrated, but anyone who has read my story in the Featured User forum will understand that I don't give up easily.
The problem turned out to be that the product that he needed simply did not exist.
I contacted an old friend. a manufacturer in China that I had known for nearly twenty years, explained what I was looking for, and he confirmed that he had never heard of such a product.
So, I put into practice some of the advice I give newbies in my book about looking for manufacturers who use the same type of material and techniques that would be needed to make the kind of product they are looking for, and I hit the jackpot.
The result was that a new product was made, and my book reader has built a substantial, fastlane business that is close to being an entirely passive income earner.
I can't tell you the brilliant niche he has discovered because others might try to copy. But, even if someone hits upon the product being used, and do try to copy, there is only one manufacturer.
Periodically since, I have searched for the supplier on numerous B2B sites, and the product is still not being advertised.
Finding that manufacturer will be totally beyond the ability of most potential copycats.
True entrepreneurs will find their own niche rather than follow the herd into low margin price cutting businesses. Think "HOT SELLERS". Everyone is searching for the latest "HOT SELLERS".
Walter
The idea came to my book reader several years ago when he tired of the inconvenience involved in working in his slowlane job that required a lot of travel within the country in which he lived as well as overseas.
One day when traveling to a remote location he remembered that he had seen a strange kind of business on one of his overseas trips. Maybe he could possibly do something similar to start a business of his own??? The idea was very simple, but sourcing the main product that he required for the enterprise proved to be a major stumbling block.
Using my sourcing book as a guide proved fruitless and he became frustrated, upon which he turned to me for help. I soon joined him in feeling frustrated, but anyone who has read my story in the Featured User forum will understand that I don't give up easily.
The problem turned out to be that the product that he needed simply did not exist.
I contacted an old friend. a manufacturer in China that I had known for nearly twenty years, explained what I was looking for, and he confirmed that he had never heard of such a product.
So, I put into practice some of the advice I give newbies in my book about looking for manufacturers who use the same type of material and techniques that would be needed to make the kind of product they are looking for, and I hit the jackpot.
The result was that a new product was made, and my book reader has built a substantial, fastlane business that is close to being an entirely passive income earner.
I can't tell you the brilliant niche he has discovered because others might try to copy. But, even if someone hits upon the product being used, and do try to copy, there is only one manufacturer.
Periodically since, I have searched for the supplier on numerous B2B sites, and the product is still not being advertised.
Finding that manufacturer will be totally beyond the ability of most potential copycats.
True entrepreneurs will find their own niche rather than follow the herd into low margin price cutting businesses. Think "HOT SELLERS". Everyone is searching for the latest "HOT SELLERS".
Walter
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
