- Joined
- Jan 6, 2014
- Messages
- 51
Rep Bank
$330
$330
User Power: 88%
Had my first experience hiring a copywriter for my new digital product and wanted to share because I know there are others who will benefit.
I needed a copywriter to do 2 sales pages for me and was referred to some of the best (Vin Montello, Matt O Connor, Daniel Scott) by an IM friend of mine. They all had a long waiting list and I needed it done ASAP so I went on the hunt and here's what I found..
My Advice:
1) Hire a copywriter. If its in your budget hire a copywriter. Learn as much as you can from them as they write your copy and don't stop learning until you begin to write all your copy yourself.
2) Hire someone who understands the product. When I was looking for a copywriter I interviewed a couple different people and some had no clue what it was I was trying to sell.. The guy I did hire understood what it was I was selling and it came through in his copy. He brought up some incredible benefits to the product simply because he was familiar with it.
3) Hire a copywriter. Seriously.. If you write like crap or even mediocre pay the money to have the sales page done right - it will be worth it.
For example...
a decent copywriter you might get 2 - 3% conversion
a good copywriter 5-7%
an amazing copywriter 10 - 13%
If you do the numbers.. it adds up quick.. if you got 100 people to your site.. with an ok copywriter.. you just made 2 sales.. but with a great one.. you just made 10+.
So imagine 100,000 people to your site...
Hope this helps
I needed a copywriter to do 2 sales pages for me and was referred to some of the best (Vin Montello, Matt O Connor, Daniel Scott) by an IM friend of mine. They all had a long waiting list and I needed it done ASAP so I went on the hunt and here's what I found..
My Advice:
1) Hire a copywriter. If its in your budget hire a copywriter. Learn as much as you can from them as they write your copy and don't stop learning until you begin to write all your copy yourself.
2) Hire someone who understands the product. When I was looking for a copywriter I interviewed a couple different people and some had no clue what it was I was trying to sell.. The guy I did hire understood what it was I was selling and it came through in his copy. He brought up some incredible benefits to the product simply because he was familiar with it.
3) Hire a copywriter. Seriously.. If you write like crap or even mediocre pay the money to have the sales page done right - it will be worth it.
For example...
a decent copywriter you might get 2 - 3% conversion
a good copywriter 5-7%
an amazing copywriter 10 - 13%
If you do the numbers.. it adds up quick.. if you got 100 people to your site.. with an ok copywriter.. you just made 2 sales.. but with a great one.. you just made 10+.
So imagine 100,000 people to your site...
Hope this helps
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
