The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi Risk Takers! My Name is Jake & I Have a Question

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jake and I just read the millionaire fast lane. To say the least, my life has gained many perspectives as a direct result. I am a 21 year old and I am currently in my last semester of college. Despite being about to receive a business degree, I am one of the ones who is thinking about choosing the road less traveled and chasing my passion (like many of you). I started a Youtube channel about 6 months ago and I have about 5,000 subscribers and I get around 2,500 views a day. This is something that although I am not satisfied, I am most certainly proud of. I read the chapter on the Law of Entry and it made me think long and hard. The truth is, my channel is steadily growing, but let's face it, the level of entry is quite easy. In fact, the only barrier to entry is the ability to delay gratification. I was wondering, what you all thought about my current situation. Do you recommend continuing to grow the channel, or chase another entrepreneurial opportunity? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you recommend continuing to grow the channel, or chase another entrepreneurial opportunity? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Why not do both?

Sounds like your YT channel has gained some traction -- no matter what you decide, it will always serve you because you are building YOUR audience. I don't believe YT should be your business, it should supplement your business.

Congrats on getting started and the subscribers, definitely something to be proud of!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
The truth is, my channel is steadily growing, but let's face it, the level of entry is quite easy. In fact, the only barrier to entry is the ability to delay gratification.

And the barrier of making shit tons of videos on a regular basis.

Do you recommend continuing to grow the channel, or chase another entrepreneurial opportunity? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keep the channel. Make twice the videos you're making now. Grow faster.

Then start thinking about ways to monetize off youtube, using the audience that you have.

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
And the barrier of making shit tons of videos on a regular basis.

Keep the channel. Make twice the videos you're making now. Grow faster.

Then start thinking about ways to monetize off youtube, using the audience that you have.

Wow, thank you for the great advice and support. This fired me up, I appreciate this greatly.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Wow, thank you for the great advice and support. This fired me up, I appreciate this greatly.

Every video you make, you get better at it. Your progress is on an exponential curve, not a linear one.

Those just starting, will take a long time to get going.

You have traction, use it.

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
Why not do both?

Sounds like your YT channel has gained some traction -- no matter what you decide, it will always serve you because you are building YOUR audience. I don't believe YT should be your business, it should supplement your business.

Congrats on getting started and the subscribers, definitely something to be proud of!
Wow... I can't express the feeling of what it's like to get advice from one of my greatest role models. I will find ways to monetize my audience. I'll keep you updated on that. Thanks for making my day.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I started a Youtube channel about 6 months ago and I have about 5,000 subscribers and I get around 2,500 views a day. This is something that although I am not satisfied, I am most certainly proud of.

Props to you! That is no easy feat, and you are building a list of people who listen to what you say, that is pure gold.

As you'll find out the more you browse this forum, having a good list is the best and fastest way to build revenue. So keep the channel going, and keep looking out for where you can provide value and bust out that killer biz idea.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
brah i have youtube channel for over a year only 40 subs.

u got 5k in 6 months, this could be your shit. Keep your mind open to further opportunity but please don't dump the channel!

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Your YouTube subscribers & traffic are soft proof that you're providing value, so keep going & do more of it--i.e., do more of what's already working.

But keep in mind the commandment of control: don't rely solely on YouTube. Start building an email list that you can control. Send your YouTube viewers to your website, and get them on your email list. Experiment to find additional traffic sources.

Figure out ways to provide more value & monetize those viewers & subscribers. Infoproducts, physical products, paid memberships, etc.

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
Your YouTube subscribers & traffic are soft proof that you're providing value, so keep going & do more of it--i.e., do more of what's already working.

But keep in mind the commandment of control: don't rely solely on YouTube. Start building an email list that you can control. Send your YouTube viewers to your website, and get them on your email list. Experiment to find additional traffic sources.

Figure out ways to provide more value & monetize those viewers & subscribers. Infoproducts, physical products, paid memberships, etc.

This is great advice, I am going to start thinking about ways to build that email list... Thanks for this!

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
brah i have youtube channel for over a year only 40 subs.

u got 5k in 6 months, this could be your shit. Keep your mind open to further opportunity but please don't dump the channel!

Thanks for this advice man. Sometimes I get lost in the continuous loop and burn out. But thanks for giving me some perspective to some potential opportunities. This fired me up.

Jake Bauman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 12, 2019
Props to you! That is no easy feat, and you are building a list of people who listen to what you say, that is pure gold.

As you'll find out the more you browse this forum, having a good list is the best and fastest way to build revenue. So keep the channel going, and keep looking out for where you can provide value and bust out that killer biz idea.

I have been on this forum for just 24 hours and I am already seeing how awesome this is. It's comments like this that are firing me up and motivating me. Thanks for this, and for taking the time to comment, you made my day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...