The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, hello, and howdy!

MiaMills

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Feb 6, 2018
US
Warm greetings, forum folks!

I was very validated listening to the audiobook TMF . I felt like my gut instincts I've pushed down and doubted for so long (though in recent years honoring and valuing again) made perfect sense in the context of this book. I listened while I cleaned or did chores or ran errands and felt my spirits rising. I sent the book to my husband, though I'm not sure he's had a chance to listen/read.

It all makes so much sense. My distaste for the corporate world, the 9-5 drudgery, my unwillingness or inability to force myself to do something that seemed pointless. After a variety of different jobs the best I could figure out to do was devote my life to supporting my husband's career and raising/homeschooling our children. Fortunately, he also sees the value in this effort. I had entertained a few times us just jumping ship (leaving the rat race behind and starting our own business) but it felt unfair to ask him to abandon all the hard work he'd put in so far. I had no plan, just knew this was no way to live. Now, things are at an interesting point and the timing of this book is great. We will see how it all plays out.

After I popped on to the forums and reviewed a few threads and topics it seems to me that the majority of posters are pretty savvy and business-minded, and I'll admit this has been an area far from my focus. Is it possible that I'm an entrepreneur hidden inside a stay at home mom?! Might there be any stories of Fastlaners who began with very little previous experience? Bonus if they are moms, double bonus if they were out of the business world for many years. Would love to read a story (or two) like that.

I'm sick and tired of watching my husband bust his arse for our family while the bosses dangle their carrots. I'm a lover of freedom and in that sense, yes, there is a reality of being trapped, or as Mr. DeMarco says not having control. That is something that I detest. Anyhoo, this is becoming a fairly long intro so with that I'll say I'm happy to be here and looking forward to learning all I can. Learning is my fave. :) Thanks, MJ, for figuring this out and sharing with the rest of us!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Might there be any stories of Fastlaners who began with very little previous experience?

Welcome to the forum Mia. Everyone starts out with very little experience in life. Business is no different. As MJ says, just start doing something. Make mistakes. Learn. Adjust. Change course if needed. But don't give up on your dreams.

MiaMills

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Feb 6, 2018
US
Welcome to the forum Mia. Everyone starts out with very little experience in life. Business is no different. As MJ says, just start doing something. Make mistakes. Learn. Adjust. Change course if needed. But don't give up on your dreams.

Thank you! Yes, starting is the hardest part, isn't it? :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, glad TMF resonated! Please give Unscripted a read -- I think it does a better job on turning Fastlane into a lifestyle and a way of life. It might be better suited for your husband as well, big picture type stuff.

Is it possible that I'm an entrepreneur hidden inside a stay at home mom?! Might there be any stories of Fastlaners who began with very little previous experience?

Of course. NONE of us start with experience.

It just has to start. And continue.

Act.
Assess.
Adjust.
Repeat.

Notable! - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MiaMills

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Feb 6, 2018
US
Welcome aboard, glad TMF resonated! Please give Unscripted a read -- I think it does a better job on turning Fastlane into a lifestyle and a way of life. It might be better suited for your husband as well, big picture type stuff.

Of course. NONE of us start with experience.

It just has to start. And continue.

Act.
Assess.
Adjust.
Repeat.

Notable! - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

Fantastic! I've actually been listening to UNSCRIPTED this morning as I plan my attack! Turns out, I do have some experience I just wasn't recognizing it as such. Might be that SCRIPT causing me trouble, there! I'll definitely apply the TripleA's and Repeat. I appreciate your comment!

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Welcome, don't worry about your experience. Truly the hardest thing for almost every up and coming entrepreneur is very simple:

Starting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...