The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi From New Jersey, originally from Eastern Europe! Started the hard way...

Visionmk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 26, 2013
Hi everyone, my name is Ned, in my late twenties, currently live in Northern Jersey close to NYC, originally form Macedonia ( Eastern Europe ).

Figured out that I'm driving the slow lane 5 years ago, had a business where I was the one in charge for email, service, web site, articles, phone calls etc etc and when I hit the max I could earn form doing it.

I was literally working my a$$ off, 20 hours a day man, while still in college, plus had to send money to support my family who was struggling at that time, had to pay my own expenses, tuition, help out my sister with some cash and therefore had no money to scale my business or that's what I thought so at that time.

Left my friends, college - 3 more exams to my bachelor degree majoring in E-business, 4 year relationship and the job I developed myself at that time to build a sustainable business system that probably will be broaden across Europe or at least will buy me some freedom so I can enjoy living the life and working on developing other skills.

Even before I came in USA I knew the game will be rough.

Had no one here to help me at all.

No family, no friends, no connection whatsoever and just around $1000 on my bank account, had some experience doing business on my own and 9-5 job about marketing management, I do know how to speak and write english, read a 100+ books before about self development, psychology, selling, marketing etc and I was more then confident that I can succeed whenever I go.

Started the hard way!

My first job ever in USA at a restaurant bussing the tables, lol, found a second job as a live guard ( best thing ever, my job was actually to try not to fall asleep ) that was my first summer.

Moved in Philly, found a job as a furniture delivery guy, made some money moved into New Jersey started working as a waiter at a local diner was doing F*cking 60+ hours a week, left that job started working at a local construction company,

Saved some money bought a car, found another job as a delivery guy which allowed me to have a lot more free time and be able to focus on my online business more.

Four months ago I open up a LLC company here in NJ for my freelancing services, learned how to build websites, seo, got myself Google AdWords Certified and planning on doing cold approached soon, honestly I'm not seeing it as a fast lane approach only as a temporary solution to bootstrap my "big idea".

Build 4 websites for clients while in USA, currently have 2 clients that I'm taking care of their PPC accounts plus just made a contract with an agency from NYC to provide them ppc services for their clients.

Build great credit score for only 3+ years, over 730+. Currently have 0 on my savings acc, and only $2000 in debt, started taking classes this year at a local community college to improve my english.

Learned how to make and publish ebooks on amazon with help from oDesk freelancers, made around $4.000 in passive income then the trend slowed down, it was an ebook about a game that was popular at that time.

Next month I decided to quit my day job as a delivery guy and focus fully on my online business and probably came up with the "big idea"

Just realized after struggling the past year to build a fast lane business on my own in US won't happen that easy.

Luckily I finally found this forum, been here for more than a month now, joined the INSIDERS forum right away, found it very inspiring, it refreshed my enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit, I'm still reading the ebook and scanning the forum and I really hope to network and engage with you guys or attend any meet ups in the area around me.

It's very different when you meet up in person and when someone point out something you are doing wrong.

P.S.
If you are in or around NYC or NJ I would like to meet you, discuss and share ideas I need help more than ever, I feel kinda stuck with myself so would love to surround more with successful and like minded people this year, feel free to hit me up, if there is any meet up!

P.P.S Sorry for the long story and for any misspelling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Looks like you have the work ethic for sure. Keep hustling like that and something good must come out of it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Man you work hard.... its good, but look at how you can work smart too :)

Check out 4 hour work week.

Build a system, let the system do the heavy lifting in your business.

All the best

Visionmk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 26, 2013
@Chazmania I believe I do, I committed myself that I will spend around 5-10 years to figure the game and build the system to work for me.

@100k do I? :) tnx, you know what is funny I'm totally familiar with Robert Kiyosaki's quadrantand and 4 hour work week ( read the book long time ago, tnx for suggestion tho ) even before I came over, indeed I helped out my sister to create such system, now she does 1h work and still makes a lot of money a way more then the girls on her age, she is 23 years old and has 4 guys who work for her.

Thank you guys, so see you around,

P.S. If anyone else is from New Jersey or NYC, please PM or reply here, I would like to engage with you and share the knowledge! Couple ppl already PM me so probably a meet up will happen anytime soon.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Vision,

From the land of Alexander the Great! You're hustling, my man. You're going to be alright. Welcome to the forum.

There are some fantastic people here who are committed to helping people who help themselves -- which means you. Tune into Vigilante's INSIDERS call two weeks from now and witness the quality of what the players have to offer.

I wish you well.

Visionmk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 26, 2013
@Chitown that's right, wow you surprised me, didn't expect that ;) !!! Alexander the Great, that's my hero and that's the land I'm coming from!! :))

Have you watched the movie, how do you know about him? I'm very curious.

Thanks for the heads up for the Vigilante's INSIDERS call. Gotta check that out!

All the best!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
start a progress thread on your 'big idea'

ctcrompton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 13, 2014
@Visionmk!

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! I'm in Philadelphia so we aren't too far off!

Visionmk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 26, 2013
@Vick thanx man, I will definitely do, I figured out the way to validate my idea first before gets into production, should be helpful for the community over here..

@ctcrompton Thank you, I used to live in Philly for 3 months, made some friends over there. If I'm going south I will hit you up. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...