The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone

ChristianS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Hi everyone,

I'm Christian, 32 years old.

Since I was teenager I knew I want to be an entrepreneur or at least self employed. With 15 years I bought my first website from ebay for somthing like 200 € and it actually brought some money in. I had no clue about online marketing and so the only thing I did was buying a bunch of paid clicks (these kind of websites where people were getting paid to click on your ad), but it worked because I accidentally hit right target group.

After school I went to university and studied economics. It was because I didn't knew what to do and thought I can earn much money than. As a student I worked for two different onlineshops since 2010 for a couple of years and learned my first things about online marketing, mostly seo before panda and penguin.

When I finished my studies I worked for an startup in Berlin managing their SEO and went back home after a year. I found a good job in the industry paying me much more. Family was happy because of my good and secure job, but I was bored to death and dying inside.

I recognized there is something wrong when I found me sitting at work and calculating how long it would take me to retire by different savingrates :-D Also I began to build up some amazon niche sites in the evenings, but mostly the job sucked all energy from me and I just chilled on the sofa.

In this time I build up some savings and now have a good safety net. So before today I changed jobs one last time and worked in a startup again which sold b2b leads. It was better especially the team was really great, but for me it wasn't possible to work in an office for somebody else anymore. So i decided to go with niche sites first (I know, I know, but it was only planned to be the first step).

Time made clear that I don't want to wait 6 to 12 month anymore until my sites are ranking and I also want to be independent from amazon. I'm mostly in one niche here and in the beginning it was planned to use the sides as a channel and bring up my own products on amazon when they are ranking and get a good ranking on amazon through the sells as well. After that launching my own shop. Now I think it was the false way round. I should have launched the own products on amazon first (there are actually products which are searched but nobody is selling them), then my shop with seo and then bring up a good affiliate program for niche site builders... That made me think on TMF and unscripted which I read in 2017 and started to visit this forum last week.

Every now and then I sell websites and SEO to small firms but only when they were requesting me.

Last weekend I stumbled across @Andy Black and his local lead gen threads and thought that could be a good beginning. I bet when I just get started there will be many ideas combining lead gen and my last job. But I'm not all over the eCommerce thing too.

As you see I have problems with polygamy and often I need a kick in the a$$ to overcome BS in my head that leads to procrastination, too. This is what I hope to find here in the forum. I want to choose something and then stick to a real business. I also like to bring more value for others then it is possible through niche sites alone and perhaps I can help one or another with my seo knowledge.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco and all contributors to the community, you build up a really cool thing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi everyone,

Since I was teenager I knew I want to be an entrepreneur or at least self employed. With 15 years I bought my first website from ebay for somthing like 200 € and it actually brought some money in. I had no clue about online marketing and so the only thing I did was buying a bunch of paid clicks (these kind of websites where people were getting paid to click on your ad), but it worked because I accidentally hit right target group.

After school I went to university and studied economics. It was because I didn't knew what to do and thought I can earn much money than. As a student I worked for two different onlineshops since 2010 for a couple of years and learned my first things about online marketing, mostly seo before panda and penguin.

When I finished my studies I worked for an startup in Berlin managing their SEO and went back home after a year. I found a good job in the industry paying me much more. Family was happy because of my good and secure job, but I was bored to death and dying inside.

I recognized there is something wrong when I found me sitting at work and calculating how long it would take me to retire by different savingrates :-D Also I began to build up some amazon niche sites in the evenings, but mostly the job sucked all energy from me and I just chilled on the sofa.

In this time I build up some savings and now have a good safety net. So before today I changed jobs one last time and worked in a startup again which sold b2b leads. It was better especially the team was really great, but for me it wasn't possible to work in an office for somebody else anymore. So i decided to go with niche sites first (I know, I know, but it was only planned to be the first step).

Time made clear that I don't want to wait 6 to 12 month anymore until my sites are ranking and I also want to be independent from amazon. I'm mostly in one niche here and in the beginning it was planned to use the sides as a channel and bring up my own products on amazon when they are ranking and get a good ranking on amazon through the sells as well. After that launching my own shop. Now I think it was the false way round. I should have launched the own products on amazon first (there are actually products which are searched but nobody is selling them), then my shop with seo and then bring up a good affiliate program for niche site builders... That made me think on TMF and unscripted which I read in 2017 and started to visit this forum last week.

Every now and then I sell websites and SEO to small firms but only when they were requesting me.

Last weekend I stumbled across @Andy Black and his local lead gen threads and thought that could be a good beginning. I bet when I just get started there will be many ideas combining lead gen and my last job. But I'm not all over the eCommerce thing too.

As you see I have problems with polygamy and often I need a kick in the a$$ to overcome BS in my head that leads to procrastination, too. This is what I hope to find here in the forum. I want to choose something and then stick to a real business. I also like to bring more value for others then it is possible through niche sites alone and perhaps I can help one or another with my seo knowledge.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco and all contributors to the community, you build up a really cool thing!
Welcome. All that online/marketing experience will mean you can really help local services businesses. Maybe start by helping those closest to you?

Surge5x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 13, 2019
London
Hi everyone,

Welcome! I'm actually in the need for someone to help me get traffic and SEO on my site and would love to help someone out with getting started, since I'm in the same position. It's very new and I am still experimenting with getting local leads, setting up a funnel, etc.

Would you be interested in working together (paid, of course)? If you are drop me a message and we can connect to take this forward.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. As noted in the getting started section, reading the NOTABLE and GOLD threads is very valuable. Looking forward to learning more.

ChristianS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Thank you all!

Welcome. All that online/marketing experience will mean you can really help local services businesses. Maybe start by helping those closest to you?

Hi Andy. Yeah, i read your post about diesel and coffee. It's so obvious but actually only few are thinking this way. Tomorrow I've a call with a client, i think it doesn't fit for her business, but she is well connected and really likes to buy from me and refer me to her friends. I think I will make a good offer and provide my service for free for the first month to her friends.

Then I join a Startup meetup regularly and will pitch it there too, but that will be next month. There are few business owners where I think it would fit, but I feel stupid by calling them for selling my service because they are more friends or friends of friends. It would be different, if I could meet them, but that will take a few days and want to execute now.

Anyway, this morning I spend reading through your posts again and build up a landingpage for a notary in my hometown. But it looks soooo shitty, that I'm not sure if I want to get the first ads running, there are really only 3 sentences and a contact formular :-D On the other hand, what would people expect from a notary homepage...

Welcome! I'm actually in the need for someone to help me get traffic and SEO on my site and would love to help someone out with getting started, since I'm in the same position. It's very new and I am still experimenting with getting local leads, setting up a funnel, etc.

Would you be interested in working together (paid, of course)? If you are drop me a message and we can connect to take this forward.

Thank you Surge5x, it's an honor that you ask that in my very first post! If you only need a few tips I'm totally fine with giving them just away. Do you have first sales and validated your product? If it is "Business validation as a service" I have to read the thread in the evening.

Welcome to the forum. As noted in the getting started section, reading the NOTABLE and GOLD threads is very valuable. Looking forward to learning more.

Thank you Ernman. Yes the posts are real nuggets and and I enjoy to read them. It is overwhelming to me how many users are successful and for some the books and forum seemed to be the start.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check out the “Inbound braindump” in my signature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...