I've put this off long enough. I am going to start recording my progress here every Sunday to keep myself accountable and I welcome any input along the way. Since I joined this Forum in March, I've been trying to absorb everything I could and find the right path to start my journey.
The past month I decided to put all my energy into starting a blog, with the goal being to monetize with affiliate programs and digital products and eventually evolve it into a full business with my own products. It has been easy to put all my spare energy into this, so think it is the right path for me. I've been listening to Nick Loper on the Side Hustle Nation Podcast (which I found on one of the threads here in the Forum) and have learned a lot from his guest bloggers and have been using Elite Blog Academy's intro workbook to get started. My biggest challenge the past couple of weeks has been narrowing down/differentiating my focus. They are all design related (my day job is in themed entertainment/experience design), but go in a few different sub-directions, for lack of a better term. I believe each area already has a wide audience and could be monetized and grow. Being the heavy researcher I am, I have talked myself in and out of each of them multiple times. I need to revisit the "Five Commandments," but am also I'm planning on reading Pat Flynn's Will It Fly over the next week and see if that helps me anymore. That being said, on the side my husband and I are working together on some T-shirt designs to sell with Merch by Amazon for some extra cash.
Being a mom and working full time while starting this is a challenge, but definitely doable. I haven't been this excited to come home and work on something in a long time. I am pretty confident I am going to make some pretty big ripples in my little pond over the next few months. Thanks for reading!
The past month I decided to put all my energy into starting a blog, with the goal being to monetize with affiliate programs and digital products and eventually evolve it into a full business with my own products. It has been easy to put all my spare energy into this, so think it is the right path for me. I've been listening to Nick Loper on the Side Hustle Nation Podcast (which I found on one of the threads here in the Forum) and have learned a lot from his guest bloggers and have been using Elite Blog Academy's intro workbook to get started. My biggest challenge the past couple of weeks has been narrowing down/differentiating my focus. They are all design related (my day job is in themed entertainment/experience design), but go in a few different sub-directions, for lack of a better term. I believe each area already has a wide audience and could be monetized and grow. Being the heavy researcher I am, I have talked myself in and out of each of them multiple times. I need to revisit the "Five Commandments," but am also I'm planning on reading Pat Flynn's Will It Fly over the next week and see if that helps me anymore. That being said, on the side my husband and I are working together on some T-shirt designs to sell with Merch by Amazon for some extra cash.
Being a mom and working full time while starting this is a challenge, but definitely doable. I haven't been this excited to come home and work on something in a long time. I am pretty confident I am going to make some pretty big ripples in my little pond over the next few months. Thanks for reading!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
