The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
So, its about two weeks since I was fired from an eleven years job. I feel blessed, I think God has given me a push and a chance to show what Im really made of. Am I afraid? Yes I am. But I fear not been able to do what Im supposed to do. Which is pursue my dreams: I want to be free to write books/Own an internet based business /and being involved in science oriented startups/ To travel to Italy/ to pay off my mortgage which still would take a little less than $30k us dlls /to make at least 7 grand a month on my business/ To have a huge studio. A personal place to meditate surrounded by lots of books and framed photos of the leaders I respect and follow.

So I reassumed my side hushle.
And now Im growing it.I publish books on a very deep niche.Later I plan to grow it to Amazon FBA,( this niche naturally calls for it ) then into my own brand outside Amazon.

Right now Im full into execution I know I will make lots of mistakes, but I have no choice but to face my fears and my mistakes. I might be making one right now. Im puting into practice every bite of information about growing my self publushing business. at the point Im right now
I sell about 300 dlls a month. And I did that mainly working about 4-5 hours a week. So I think that now that I have the time I can grow it at least 25% a month. All I need is to grow it to 1000 a month (this is Mexico)to be on the safe side. So freedom is is only 700dlls more a month away.

Update sept29
One thing I fear is seeing myself action faking.
So I'll post my humble numbers.So Its easier to measure any real progress.
Real Numbers for August:
Draft2Digital $52
Kindle and Createspace $128
Audiobooks (2 titles) $38
Total: $218
Not a good month, mainly from digital books, So for this month Im working heavily on making more varied paperbacks oriented to take advantage of Q4 comming season.
Never tried that before, but the idea is to diversify my income.

One thing Im focusing lately is to find the books within my niche that show bad reviews but a half decent amount of sales rank. This indicates to me that somehow someone found a valuable keyword, throw a book but forgot to actually deliver. Many people find good keywords and leave a half made book, So I read the bad reviews to try to find whatever is missing that customers demand. Then if I can fix it. Ill do it. I did it already and Im just starting to see an upward trend.thanks to God.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
9, oct. I love being an entreprenuer. I need to make this happen. Im in no way going back to a 9-5 job.I must make it happen, So my kids can be free from having to slave themselves to a soul wrenching experience. They will have the freedom to choose whatever they want their life to be. They are learning to put effort in anything they do. I just dont want them tied to a job just because "they have bills to pay and they need the money like I did".
Im teaching them to be entreprenuers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.