The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help! Social Media Engagement!

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Graft10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Fastlaners,

Just a quick plea for advice on how to get social media followers to be more engaged.

The reason I ask is that I have a company on my "doorstep" that has more than 10k followers but very little to no engagement from them. They are very interested in having this problem solved for them! Plus it ties in with the direction I'm looking to go in.

So, if anyone could recommend any good sources for learning about social media marketing and getting followers to engage would be much appreciated.

Graft10

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HMS Naveen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 13, 2018
Chennai,India
  1. KNOW YOUR PRODUCT
  2. TARGET THE AUDIENCE
  3. DETERMINE SUITABLE SOCIAL PLATFORM BASED ON THE TARGET example, if you target more on teens, social engagement will come more in Facebook and Instagram compared to others\
  4. CREATE RELEVANT CONTENT
  5. REPLY AND BE ACTIVE ON PLATFORM

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi Fastlaners,

Just a quick plea for advice on how to get social media followers to be more engaged.

The reason I ask is that I have a company on my "doorstep" that has more than 10k followers but very little to no engagement from them. They are very interested in having this problem solved for them! Plus it ties in with the direction I'm looking to go in.

So, if anyone could recommend any good sources for learning about social media marketing and getting followers to engage would be much appreciated.

Graft10

Why focus on engagement when you should be focused on sales?

Great engagement, zero sales is zero sales.

10K followers ... are they fake? Are legitimately brand loyal? What SM venue are we talking about?

And why is this company "on your doorstep?" -- are you offering them SM services but don't know what you're doing? Web development? I don't understand the relationship.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Hi Fastlaners,

Graft10
Ask them if they even need social media...

I'll bet they would get more sales focusing on the 20% of customers who buy the most.

Just some brain food.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Graft10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 10, 2018
Why focus on engagement when you should be focused on sales?

Great engagement, zero sales is zero sales.

10K followers ... are they fake? Are legitimately brand loyal? What SM venue are we talking about?

And why is this company "on your doorstep?" -- are you offering them SM services but don't know what you're doing? Web development? I don't understand the relationship.

It's a Luxury lifestyle magazine. The reason it's on my doorstep is I know someone who works at the company and they expressed this as a problem they have. When it comes to SM I don't know what I'm doing.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It's a Luxury lifestyle magazine. The reason it's on my doorstep is I know someone who works at the company and they expressed this as a problem they have. When it comes to SM I don't know what I'm doing.

The one and only true technique in social media engagement is content. Good content. If you want the account to explode, then good viral content.

All the tactics like DM groups and powerlikes in the world will do jackshit if the content is not good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.