The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

social media plataform (video) based in blockchain

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

johnmgr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 5, 2020
Araure, Venezuela
I mentioned this idea in a thread posted by MJ, but here I'm going to expand more.

The topic was about the potential of Alt Tech companies, and it was basically about how people are dissatisfied by censorship in mainstream social media, and that creating a platform that doesn't depend on ad revenue could ensure more freedom of speech and become a business opportunity. But I see a different problem with the current state of social media.

See, nowadays social media is much more than just a place to share opinions and experience, maybe 15 years ago it was just that; but now is primarily a source of entertainment, and there are biological reasons for this, whenever you watch a video on Tik Tok your brain produces a small rush of dopamine that makes you feel good, and to get another rush all you have to do is swipe up and watch the next video, and by just moving a finger you can get hours of satisfaction, and it becomes addictive.

Same with Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram, consuming the content posted by content creators feels satisfying, is entertained. This is a big reason why most social media users are not willing to leave the mainstream networks until they see that another network is becoming popular enough to ensure their "satisfaction". Also, this is why the algorithm of pages like Tik Tok, Instagram, and YouTube always shows you new content related to the one you already consumed, to keep you hooked and watching.

These networks are more about social consuming than social sharing and it's not right or wrong, is just the way things are now, the issue is that these places need content creators to function, people that are constantly pumping entertainment (value) into these platforms to keep most of the user consuming, and it doesn't matter much the "quality" of this entertainment (value), it can be of any kind, a young and curvy woman dancing sexy a piece of a song in Tik Tok, a guy explaining a comic book superhero to appear in the next Marvel movie, or a model that post her latest photo session in a new bikini, what matter is that the users (the market) find this content entertaining.

All good, but, Where is the problem? The problem is that posting entertainment is a job for these creators, is their 9 to 5, 6 days per week, is their slow lane, but is unbelievable hard for them to make an income directly of their job, in fact, almost impossible, even if they have a huge number of followers and interactions, they need to have Patreon, a print on demand store, only fans, sponsors, a seek companies to make deals just to get by, and promote products, all of this trouble just to have enough money to keep doing their jobs.

And in places like YouTube is even worse, they can monetize their content, but with a single copyright strike, they can lose all the monetization, even if they're following all of the youtube guidelines for fair use, their copyright claim system is so easy to abuse that it's basically worthless to try to fight these false claims. Youtube uses A.I. for their copyright claim system, but this A.i. does not distinguish between fair use and copyright infringement, and since most creators know that they won't be able to win the dispute, even if they're right, (because the dispute is managed by an A.I. and not by a person) they choose to settle and allow the company the owns the original material to keep the revenue made by the video because the other choice is to remove the video completely and that's worse.

So, what's the point of this explanation/rant? The point is that mainstream social media has grown so large that they turned their back on the people that made them who they are now, not the users, but the content creators because the value is the entertainment, the users go where the entertainment is, if you grab the content creators you'll grab the entertainment (value) and you'll also grab the users (market).

This is the idea, offer content creators a reliable and safe platform that allows them to actually make a living out of the work, which is what they need to do, but can't because the platform where they are don't allow for it, so they have to turn to other activities just to keep doing their job.

This platform will be based in blockchain and will be orientated to the content creator and the user, with nice, clean, and visually appealing interface, an algorithm that recommends related content, a feed based on the preference of the consumer, a support team that actually support the content creators, a copyright claim system that fairly reviews the claims, because the goal is not to infringe copyright but to ensure the content creators won't be abused by the system while respecting copyright, and most important that can provide a decent revenue for the creator work and effort.

And if you have any doubt that making money out of their work is a problem for content creators, I invite you to follow close most of the accounts of these creators, and you'll see the huge problem that for them, some of them have a massive army of followers, and yet struggle to make a living out of their primary activity, they have to always be looking for sponsors, and other ways to make and income, just to keep the lights on and have food in the fridge.

This is the problem I want to solve. The world have change and entertainment is decentralized, most people don't watch tv anymore, they prefer youtube videos or another platform, and yet we keep thinking about entertainment like It was the last century where the tv network had to charge for advertisement to maintain the entertainment, which is the reason why people used to watch tv. When I was a kid everyone turn on the tv to watch Goku fight the bad guy or the ninja turtles defeat the shredded, not to watch a commercial. The way that content creators make a living have to change too, it can't be the same that last century.

in other words, my plan is to create platforms like Tik Tok or youtube based in blockchain.

To finish, this is just an idea, for now. I'm still very far away from any possible execution, there are huge roadblocks in front of me, but I don't plan to give up on this idea, I already gave up on an idea similar and regret it later.

Any why, this all, for now, see you around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.