• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Help! Social Media Engagement!

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Graft10, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Graft10

Graft10 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $80
    Hi Fastlaners,

Just a quick plea for advice on how to get social media followers to be more engaged.

The reason I ask is that I have a company on my "doorstep" that has more than 10k followers but very little to no engagement from them. They are very interested in having this problem solved for them! Plus it ties in with the direction I'm looking to go in.

So, if anyone could recommend any good sources for learning about social media marketing and getting followers to engage would be much appreciated.

Graft10

2. HMS Naveen

HMS Naveen New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $17
    1. KNOW YOUR PRODUCT
    2. TARGET THE AUDIENCE
    3. DETERMINE SUITABLE SOCIAL PLATFORM BASED ON THE TARGET example, if you target more on teens, social engagement will come more in Facebook and Instagram compared to others\
    4. CREATE RELEVANT CONTENT
    5. REPLY AND BE ACTIVE ON PLATFORM

Graft10 and Xeon like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,991
    Admin Post
    Why focus on engagement when you should be focused on sales?

Great engagement, zero sales is zero sales.

10K followers ... are they fake? Are legitimately brand loyal? What SM venue are we talking about?

And why is this company "on your doorstep?" -- are you offering them SM services but don't know what you're doing? Web development? I don't understand the relationship.

Xeon, LittleWolfie and Dramolion like this.
  4. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,509
    Ask them if they even need social media...

I'll bet they would get more sales focusing on the 20% of customers who buy the most.

Just some brain food.

LittleWolfie likes this.
  5. Graft10

Graft10 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $80
    It's a Luxury lifestyle magazine. The reason it's on my doorstep is I know someone who works at the company and they expressed this as a problem they have. When it comes to SM I don't know what I'm doing.

Xeon likes this.
  6. Xeon

Xeon My Lane Is Fastlane. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,895
    The one and only true technique in social media engagement is content. Good content. If you want the account to explode, then good viral content.

All the tactics like DM groups and powerlikes in the world will do jackshit if the content is not good.

Graft10 likes this.