The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help Regarding Residential Junk Removal Service in New York

joe_smith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 25, 2017
West Babylon, NY
I've recently shifted to the New York and just settling up all the home items of furniture and appliances. But while I am setting them up, I found that I've bought many unnecessary pieces of things with me while shifting. Some of them are old goods but still usable and some of them are not usable anymore. My wife is planning to redecorate the whole house and buy new things to replace the old and obsolete ones. But the old pieces are taking a lot of space in my new house as there are not many spaces available to locate the junk goods there.

That's why we are planning to recycle, sell or donate the junk items as early as possible. But as I mentioned earlier, I am new here. Yes, I can find a junk removal service on my own within my locality but in that case, I need to take the decision on my own. I want to hire a junk removal service that has a good reputation and best customer feedback. Also, they should be trusted and professional.

So is there any suggestion from you guys to recycle the junks inside my house quickly?

Thanks and best wishes,
Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The recycle bin is usually the fastest route, plus you may already pay for it as part of your utilities. If this were me, (and it was earlier this year) I'd start with local Facebook groups for buying, selling, and trading. List your items and let people come get them, or meet them somewhere. That way you can make cash for the old stuff. After that, you could try craigslist, but I wouldn't. My next stop would be Ebay. Finally, if I still couldn't sell the old stuff one of those places, I'd turn to the garbage/recycle can.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
tenor.gif

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So you are starting a fast lane junk removal business in NY?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yep, always important to find a good trustworthy junk guy. Wouldn't want one that was just going to take that stuff to the dump. My advice would be to not call a junk guy that drives an old pickup or is dressed in anything but a nice tailored suit. He should probably be driving at least a 2016 pickup and have it all cleaned up. That's just how I like my junk guys anyway.

But on a serious note.... set all that stuff on the curb, put an ad on Craigslist and within 2 hours it will all be gone. It really is like magic :)

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
Yep, always important to find a good trustworthy junk guy. Wouldn't want one that was just going to take that stuff to the dump. My advice would be to not call a junk guy that drives an old pickup or is dressed in anything but a nice tailored suit. He should probably be driving at least a 2016 pickup and have it all cleaned up. That's just how I like my junk guys anyway.

But on a serious note.... set all that stuff on the curb, put an ad on Craigslist and within 2 hours it will all be gone. It really is like magic :)
1-800 GOT JUNK basically did that minus the suit and tie

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
On a side note, at $125 a truck load it will take 1600 truck loads of junk to pay the initial fee for the franchise not to mention the other charges you will have. That's a lot of work for free to pay for your own job.

joe_smith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 25, 2017
West Babylon, NY
Well, thanks to all you guys for your responses and all the pieces of advice.

Days are too busy and that's why I'm really irregular online. As I mentioned, I am just settling down here. My wife is busy with her house. She already managed to sell some of the old pieces of appliances and some other usable goods.

From the replies, I got some very good ideas to start off with my residential junk removal procedure. I am also googling to find a reliable a junk removal service in NYC. But due to the shortage of time, I am struggling to find some best services here.

Also, I'm gonna suggest my wife put the rest of the usable old goods on craigslist or other online classified posting sites.

Thanks to all again, best wishes :)

daniel brannum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 29, 2020
Canada
I've recently shifted to the New York and just settling up all the home items of furniture and appliances. But while I am setting them up, I found that I've bought many unnecessary pieces of things with me while shifting. Some of them are old goods but still usable and some of them are not usable anymore. My wife is planning to redecorate the whole house and buy new things to replace the old and obsolete ones. But the old pieces are taking a lot of space in my new house as there are not many spaces available to locate the junk goods there.

That's why we are planning to recycle, sell or donate the junk items as early as possible. But as I mentioned earlier, I am new here. Yes, I can find a junk removal service on my own within my locality but in that case, I need to take the decision on my own. I want to hire a junk removal service that has a good reputation and best customer feedback. Also, they should be trusted and professional.

So is there any suggestion from you guys to recycle the junks inside my house quickly?

Thanks and best wishes,
Joe
Hey there, I also had the same trouble when I moved in. I and my wife had to suffer through all the junk our kids took that they felt attached and sooner they stopped using and playing with it. Our house started to pile up with all this useless garbage and had to get rid of all this wastes.
My wife and I started to search online for junk removal services online and came upon a website that was of great service and solution to the problem we have been having.
Hope I was of help to you.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don’t know, if it works in your town, but here is a business model I forgot about.
Did it while my university time:
junk removal:
every citizen was allowed to bring one car of junk to the garbage place for free.
So I offered to remove waste. one lorry full of junk for an amount.
I rent a lorry and hired two students who had the residence in the town. They fetched the junk and disposed it. 2 lorries with one team.

Next day new team and a lorry, repeat.

That worked a good time long!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.