The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me Break the SCRIPT

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
What is your store worth? Is there any opportunity to increase the value and sell it?
Store is worth probably $100k right now. It has the potential to be worth $250k. Getting it there is not easy.

If you are going to sell online, why have you not done it yet? I really don't need the answer. The question is for you to think about. I know that you have touched on some reasons in your post but those are simply excuses.
Just comes down to priorities I guess.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I planned to go until the end of the year & then quit. In November I lost my biggest account. Quiting got pushed back. The next plan was to wait until this July when some debt would be paid off and quit. I would clean the largest account myself to make enough money. In June I lost that account.

I get the 'fear of the unknown' my friend. I quit my job with 3 months of living expenses, a stay-at-home wife, 11-month old, $168,000 mortgage, $10,000 credit card debt, $28,000 van debt, $11,000 car #2 debt, $7,000 medical debt, $22,000 in student loans...

Scary crap.

Here's the viewpoint I took, that I believe you're missing...You're only looking at 'quitting' from a financial perspective. If pushing back quitting was only because you lost 1 big client...you're not looking at the value of time you will have.

Meaning...

If you get back your 1 hour commute...your 8 hours of work at a job (45 hours a week) and spent those 45 hours just selling, selling, selling your commercial cleaning work...In one month, you'll have 180 hours of focus towards selling (not a J.O.B.).

I'll bet my house, my friend, if you had 180 hours to focus on ONLY selling, you'll close a client or two.

I had months last year where I made $1,000/month. Guess what? I put in more work, got better at selling and I always FIGURED IT OUT. You will too. You have 2 businesses already plus raising a family.

You have it inside you already.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I get the 'fear of the unknown' my friend. I quit my job with 3 months of living expenses, a stay-at-home wife, 11-month old, $168,000 mortgage, $10,000 credit card debt, $28,000 van debt, $11,000 car #2 debt, $7,000 medical debt, $22,000 in student loans...

Scary crap.
I had months last year where I made $1,000/month. Guess what? I put in more work, got better at selling and I always FIGURED IT OUT. You will too. You have 2 businesses already plus raising a family.

You have it inside you already.
Love it! Tell me more about what you are doing/how it's gone!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't quiting my job *increase* Fear??
Why yes.... For you it would. I believe that is what is holding you back in the safe place though. How long would it take you to increase the value from 100K - 250K?

I am not advocating that you do this. In fact, just the opposite. To do something like this you need to be ready. It could fail and would you say say "wow, what a ride!", or "shit, my life is ruined".

My main business was buying failed real estate businesses and make them run. Started with negative cashflow, turn them around, and sell them. It was always risky but I like the upside.

ironman150

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jun 22, 2017
GREEN BAY WI
from another point of view. If you want to ramp up the sales, I would hire a VA (who speaks perfect English), pay $100 and have them make 500 sales calls for you. That should narrow your sales focus down considerably. From those leads you will find out in a hurry whether or not the cleaning business is doable and can scale. To make if more "fastlane-ish", i would keep having the VA make calls, follow up to close the sales and then hire grunts to do the cleaning.

Last edited:

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA

Well, I'm in the service based business too (writing copy). We have a kid, and another on the way. Currently, outside of my copy business, I'm building a course to automate some of my income: (Thread here Progress Thread - Building a Second Income Before the Second Kid)

There's no 'quit job' secret. It's three words I'll share at the end.

I'm 18 months in since quitting my job and wouldn't do it any other way.

- Are there times I worry all my clients will fire me and we will have $0 income --- YES!
--Do I feel sheepish telling my wife we won't be going on a vacation this year --- YES!
--Do I work 14 hours/day and work 5-7 hours both Saturday and Sunday --- YES!
--Do we still have consumer debt --- YES!

The point?

You'll quit and figure it out. Like I said, in my first few months, I made very little in revenue...on the road to failure. Then, an old client (who fired me...) referred me to a new client for a retainer each month.

3 words: Trust the process and you'll figure it out. You already sound like a hard-worker running 2 businesses and a job. The only thing missing is trusting the process.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
from another point of view. If you want to ramp up the sales, I would hire a VA (who speaks perfect English), pay $100 and have them make 500 sales calls for you. That should narrow your sales focus down considerably. From those leads you will find out in a hurry whether or not the cleaning business is doable and can scale. To make if more "fastlane-ish", i would keep having the VA make calls, follow up to close the sales and then hire grunts to do the cleaning.

winner right here

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
how important is your job? is it well paying? if you believe it could be replaceable consider jumping ship..or how about an extended vacation? give your businesses full focus while on vacation (you get 2 weeks right?)

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
how important is your job? is it well paying? if you believe it could be replaceable consider jumping ship..or how about an extended vacation? give your businesses full focus while on vacation (you get 2 weeks right?)
I had a baby this year so no more vacation time until January. It's decent pay.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I feel like I'm making plenty of sacrifices, but I guess I'm not willing to make the biggest one. Tell me more about your FTM's.

My multiple FTM's really don't matter but since you asked:
1. Laid off 8 employees...happened twice. I never could hire them back.
2. 500k in debt with no income and no plan.
3. 48+ hour shifts sitting behind a desk.
4. Getting up a 5:30 to drive a disgusting garbage truck...every day.

I could go on and on but when you have a clearly defined FTM, you will change...fastlane or not.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
My multiple FTM's really don't matter but since you asked:
1. Laid off 8 employees...happened twice. I never could hire them back.
2. 500k in debt with no income and no plan.
3. 48+ hour shifts sitting behind a desk.
4. Getting up a 5:30 to drive a disgusting garbage truck...every day.

I could go on and on but when you have a clearly defined FTM, you will change...fastlane or not.
$500k debt with no income! Talk about a panic attack!!
What are you up to now?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
$500k debt with no income! Talk about a panic attack!!
What are you up to now?

Check out my threads in my signature below, but basically 1M+ in sales this year heading to 10M next year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.