The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello!

Alex J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2021
Hello everyone

I just joined the forum; I have some years of experience working in accounting. I currently work as a Financial Controller for a hotel management company. My job affords me a relatively comfortable life, however it’s not likely to grant me an escape from the rat race any time soon!

To get me started on my journey into entrepreneurship I’m focusing on launching my own accountancy practice. I will do this whilst being an employee. Right now, I’m not concerned if this is a business that I will scale up in future, the aim of this business is to engage the market and find a way to add value to clients. Therefore, the business model may change in the future. As it’s my first business my main concern is learning relevant business skills and gaining experience running a business, not applying the CENTS model just yet.

I would be grateful if anyone has any tips or guidance to share for someone starting out.

Thanks

Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Alex great to have ya.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Hi and welcome.

Maybe you have a plan already for getting clients, but my tip would be to just overwhelm yourself at first. Try to find more work than you can handle, or tasks you are not fully familiar with. This forces you to learn and adapt. It is otherwise easy to become comfortable and work only within the boundaries of your current experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...