The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello there, fellow fastlaners!

Takis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2022
Greece
Hello!

I joined this community because I really like @MJ DeMarco 's way of thinking in his videos and especially in the book Millionaire Fastlane . Despite the fact I am 36 now, for some reason, I did not have a clue about anything related to entrepreneurial mindset, wealth building, etc. Completely noob!

I am starting, literally, from scratch. Since the last year, I am trying to read anything related to the topic, networking with people who are successful in their field, but my actions on making money are kind of pathetic :rofl: (it was before I find out about CENTS way of thinking)

To give you an example, I tried to sell fiction books on amazon by building a mailing list and gathering reviews, etc. BUT with almost no money at all. I could not pay enough for the ghostwriter, proofreader, promo, and these kinds of things. So, the stories were way too short (for the genre) and poorly written. The main problem, I guess, was because of the low entry-level and poor product. A decade ago you could enter this business with a very low budget. Nowadays, if you are serious about publishing ebooks on amazon you need more money.

A more desperate attempt was to start a website blog. With a little bit of SEO by now, it has more or less 1400 users every month (and it goes up, little by little). The positive thing about this one is the expenses are zero (besides hosting). The negative is that it is NOT a real business model. First, it is a low need and low entry model and then It is monetized with Adsense (bye-bye Control) and later I am planning to sell merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, or books) by building a mail list (in order to gain some control).

The most difficult thing is that I chose to do all of the above during the worst year of my life. My father died and I am dealing with some tough situations BUT the most important thing is that I am tired of letting "fate" control my life. I cannot stand trading my time for peanuts anymore and dealing with people I do not want to see their faces. For me, the only way is entrepreneurship. Building and owning your own system, not just working for someone else's. I do not know how to get there (yet) but I will. Freedom, here I come!

See you here somewhere :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007