The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, newbie in business need lots of suggestions :)

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

I've been starting few business but not too successful.

Few of them are:
- Selling bags through internet, taking pics from local store and then selling it through internet. Got nice sales (1200pcs in three months) but then stopped because I can't do QA and the supplier of the bag cannot keep up with my order.
- Starting freelance in wordpress through oDesk. Got some dedicated clients, setup team and then build a web design company. Got 1000-2000/months but then stopped because my key person in the team become unreliable anymore.
- And lots others that is unsuccessful.

Between business experience I keep switching between jobs and business, mainly because money to survive reason.

I just got back to my home country after finishing my Master Scholarship program, actually I can get a job in that country but then I thought if I get a job then I will satisfied and will throw up my dream of building business.

So I went back to home country only to find out that after a while I'm on difficult financial situation that force me to get a job again.

My major problem is I hardly concentrate on one project/business. Always looking into another opportunity that makes me distract into another things.

Maybe I have lack of focus.
I don't know.

I hope I can learn from you guys here how to become a great business person.

Actually I felt little frustrated on reality that I have to go to 9-5 job again. My time to develop business will be much2 limited.

And at the moment I'm in a low motivation and sometime I don't know if I can go on with the pursue of my dreams.

My dreams is to have business that can give me freedom.
Freedom of time, Freedom of place, Freedom of worrying about financial things.

Any help/suggestions will much2 appreciated.

I'm sorry if my english is not good,
I come from non english speaker country
still trying my best to improve it

Best Regards,
Arimb

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I finally get to be the first to say: The best thing you can do for yourself right now is read The Millionaire Fastlane , by MJ De Marco. After you read that- come back to this forum to give some praise for writing such an epic book... Then after that, I would read the 4 hour Work Week by Tim Ferris... After that I would try to make a plan that coincides with CENTS... And Bootstrap in the mean time... Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
- Selling bags through internet, taking pics from local store and then selling it through internet. Got nice sales (1200pcs in three months) but then stopped because I can't do QA and the supplier of the bag cannot keep up with my order.

Make your own/ order your own bags? Q&A can be done by a virtual assistant. Your supplier can't keep up with your orders so the business fails, WHAT???

BTW :Welcome:

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
I finally get to be the first to say: The best thing you can do for yourself right now is read The Millionaire Fastlane , by MJ De Marco. After you read that- come back to this forum to give some praise for writing such an epic book... Then after that, I would read the 4 hour Work Week by Tim Ferris... After that I would try to make a plan that coincides with CENTS... And Bootstrap in the mean time... Good luck!

Thank you Determined, I will try to read those two books and then try to come up with new plan :)

Make your own/ order your own bags? Q&A can be done by a virtual assistant. Your supplier can't keep up with your orders so the business fails, WHAT???

Mike39, I know it seems really stupid. I think my problem is not in the technique, but in the mindset or the thought process. When I was in bags business, I just can't keep up with the QA (quality assurance) and let the supplier send the bag by itself. But apparently the quality become bad when the order increase. At that moment I don't have any other source, so I try to get something else easier.

Maybe because my mindset is not strong enough, I tend to look for something easier when I face problems, not a good habit I must admit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
You give up too soon and don't fight for the business.

Both your business problems could have been resolved. The bag business, like mike said above, and also the freelance business (hire another key person, or learn to do the task yourself, wordpress coding is very easy to learn (if that is what you were doing), you should be able to learn enough even starting from 0 in a couple months top - there are plenty of solutions and plugins for every wordpress related task online due to the sheer mass adoption of the platform, also basic php / html / css can easily be learned enough to modify basically anything you want on a wordpress blog.

Until you fix your mentality, you should not attempt to start another business, as such problems appear in virtually any kind of business you will open, there is no business with a smooth sailing.

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
Until you fix your mentality, you should not attempt to start another business, as such problems appear in virtually any kind of business you will open, there is no business with a smooth sailing.

That's true Nick, I didn't fight for my business fiercely.

Actually from the wordpress freelance I learn it by myself from start until getting stable clients.
Then I met a someone with great quality of design and then add him into the team.
He was on my team for about 1 year and we made good money while I did the marketing and he did the design.
And then he begin to become unreliable and I couldn't find any designer as good as him.
Then I gave up.

I think I just gave up easily on every problems that I got.
Then keep thinking that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

I know my problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thank you for reminding me this Nick, Speed+ for you :)

At the moment I'm grabbing MJ book and still reading it.
I'm on chapter 3 now, and reading that MJ tried many business that failing before he moved and built his limo business.
I felt the same frustration.
I tried many things, and maybe because I'm not persistence enough I'm still not succeed.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

THIS ^^^^^^

This makes no sense at all that you would stop the business for the reasons you said.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Don't 'try' to read those two books, DO READ those two books.

Also, read through this forum.

Welcome!

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
THIS ^^^^^^

This makes no sense at all that you would stop the business for the reasons you said.

Yes Patrick, at that moment (3 years ago) I go into the habit as trying one business into another. Just hopping into one opportunity and when I found some problem, I look for another opportunity.

The longest business that I have is web design business (both as wordpress freelancer and then start a team). It's almost 2.5 years.

But then I found out that is also still on the slowlane because I'm trading my time with money.
I am the system.

That's why I need to find something else, but perhaps I need to fix my mentality first.

Don't 'try' to read those two books, DO READ those two books.

Also, read through this forum.

Welcome!

The-J, at this moment I'm reading the MJ book. I arrived in the part between luck is something created by process, not by event.

Previously I also reading the thread about "MJ giving free mentoring", and read some posts from him. After finish reading Fastlane ebook, I will definitely continue read his posts and other posts from high reputation speed like you.

Thank you for welcoming me, success for you :)

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
You chase money, not real needs. It's really that simple.

Lambo, thank you for pointing me out!
it's true that I'm only chasing the money...now I understand
but I don't know yet about "real needs" part...
at this moment I'm still reading MJ book until chapter 13.

after reading the book hopefully I can understand the part about the full meaning of your sentence.

Thanks again and Speed+ for you.

Success! :)

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
I like your attitude! Be sure to read the book so you know what the difference between chasing money and chasing needs (or creating value) is! That alone will probably answer a lot of your questions! ;)

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
I like your attitude! Be sure to read the book so you know what the difference between chasing money and chasing needs (or creating value) is! That alone will probably answer a lot of your questions! ;)

Hi Entourage, I'm on chapter 19 now. Divorcing wealth from time is such a powerful concept!

Thank you for your encouragement, I'll continue again to read after I got back from work (still got to keep this 9-5 jobs for keeping my basic shelter and food). But after that I will hit hard on the book again!

I read your thread, and it's really inspirational. You're so young, yet brave and smart.
Thank you for dropping by and Speed+ for you :)

arimb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 25, 2012
Guys, thank you very much for all of your suggestion.

I've finished reading MJ book and it's really an eye opener.

Previously I was a money chaser, hopping from one opportunity into another.

Now I know the meaning of money chaser vs real needs.
Want to make big bucks? Then start attracting money instead of chasing it. Money is like a
mischievous cat; if you chase it around the neighborhood, it eludes you. It hides up a tree,
behind the rose bush, or in the garden. However, if you ignore it and focus on what attracts the
cat, it comes to you and sits in your lap.
Money isn’t attracted to selfish people. It is attracted to businesses that solve problems. It’s
attracted to people who fill needs and add value. Solve needs massively and money massively
attracts.

The amount of money in your life is merely a reflection to the amount of value you have given to
others. Ignore this symbiosis and money will ignore you. Successful businesses share one
common trait: The satisfaction of consumer needs as reflected by sales in the marketplace. The
marketplaces and consumers, not you, determine if your business is viable. If you sell 10
million anything, 10 million people have voted that your product will help them, or satisfy one
of their needs.

Thank you for all that giving me direction,
and thank you for MJ that writing such a great book.

I wish the best of health, happiness and success for you guys :)

At the moment I have some plans that I'd like to execute as fast as I can.

By the way, how do you guys select which ideas that you like to execute ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...