The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, I'm Terrified of the Slow Lane

Conquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 10, 2021
Albany, New York
Hi all,

Joined the forum a few days ago, and have been religiously making my way through the GOLD threads, and I'm halfway through TMF . Like many others on this forum, I have high aspirations, and I want out of the Slowlane.

What terrifies me is the mindset and years of conditioning Slowlane society has ingrained into me. I believe one of the first, and most difficult steps is going to be rewiring how I think, and reimagining what is possible, given I put in the effort. The fact that I can tell I don't yet entirely believe I can have the life MJ lives, terrifies me. Not to mention how much more difficult this life will become as I stop going out with friends, stop pursuing my post-graduate education, and start working on an UNSCRIPTED path unlike before.

That being said, I'm willing to do it. I will remove my limiting beliefs, I will nurture my passion for the Fastlane Lifestyle, and I will do what is necessary.

If anyone could share their experiences in unwiring themselves from the Slowlane dogma, I would really appreciate that! :)

Take care

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
If anyone could share their experiences in unwiring themselves from the Slowlane dogma, I would really appreciate that!
It's just like setting your hard drives.

You switch from slave to master.

Job done!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If anyone could share their experiences in unwiring themselves from the Slowlane dogma, I would really appreciate that!

It's something you have to witness to fully believe.

Some big "coming of age" experiences that help...

• Earning your first $$ while sleeping, or doing something else...
  • Earning more $$ in one day than you did in one week at some job...
  • Realizing the mathematics of your venture has scale and that your limits are simply the size of an audience...
  • Seeing a $200 ad spend turn into $4,000.
  • Having others recommend your great product/service (free advertising)

@Ravens_Shadow is someone I think can testify to these types of milestones and how they feel ... it's an exciting world. But don't be fooled. It still is tough, but not any tougher than a job for 50 years.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
It's something you have to witness to fully believe.

Some big "coming of age" experiences that help...

Earning your first $$ while sleeping, or doing something else...
Earning more $$ in one day than you do in one week...
Realizing the mathematics of your venture has scale and that your limits are simply the size of an audience...
Seeing a $200 ad spend turn into $4,000.
Having others recommend your great product/service (free advertising)

@Ravens_Shadow is someone I think can testify to these types of milestones and how they feel ... it's an exciting world. But don't be fooled. It still is tough, but not any tougher than a job for 50 years.

To add to the above..

Earning more from writing a single email for 20 minutes than my friends earn in a week waiting tables/doing construction work full-time. All thanks to leveraging results and a win-win commission model.

The best community in the world is right here, right now.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

@MJ DeMarco tagged me so here's my take.
I read TMF in 2012 and set out on my journey to unwire myself from the slowlane, as you put it. It took me 4 years to hate my life situation enough to move over to the Fastlane with my own venture, and then it took me another 3 years to actually quit my job. All in all, it took 7 years to finally be "free", and it took until this year for me to actually start *seriously* reaping the benefits of the company I've built. I'm 9 years into my journey almost to this date as I joined the forum on the first day I opened the book.

It is possible to live the life you want. It is possible to have the material things you want. It is possible to have the relationships you want. It is possible to be free from the script, it's just very tough. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people out there who have done it. I'm not special, I don't have any special talents, I don't have any special connections, and I didn't have any money. I just busted my butt, and continue to bust my butt to generate enough wealth to live the life I want to live.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Great posts in here.

What I'll add:
Everything you're talking about (in order to change lanes) will require you to change fundamentally as a person.

So even though you are asking for advice about how to change your thinking, understand that to get what you're after, you will change.

If you can accept that fact, then how you get there shouldn't be as worrisome as you're suggesting it is for you. Accept it, then go onward.

Conquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 10, 2021
Albany, New York
I appreciate the responses guys. It helps to know that part of changing the mindset is by plunging into action.
I think knowing that it's possible is good enough, and if I could see a ridiculous amount of wealth in front of me, it would be absolutely unquestionable that it's obtainable.

Even just hearing from the guys on the other side is a massive help and motivator, thanks all!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...