The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Memphis, Tennessee!

4runner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 12, 2013
Ever since I finished MJ's book a few weeks ago, I have been reading these forums... I must say, I am very impressed with the community here and am looking forward to participating in a group of like-minded individuals.

A few quick facts about me:

• I'm currently in college and am majoring in Accounting and International Business (I will be using this for Fast Lane purposes)
  • I have 3 semesters remaining in Undergrad
  • I turn 21 next month
  • I have had two internships so far at large corporations (great Slow Lane experience)
  • I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit, but have not capitalized on any opportunities yet...

I am aware that my University is attempting to convert me into a corporate drone, and am trying to figure out what I should self-study to direct me towards the Fast Lane. One of my weaknesses is online presence, so I have been reading books about HTML + CSS, Social Media Marketing, etc in an effort to strengthen my knowledge in that area.

Do any of you have advice on what I should be focusing my time and energy on that would provide the best ROI when it comes time to create my online Fast Lane business? Maybe website coding, SEO, or affiliate marketing?

Thank you so much for your help. I look forward to being an active member on this forum!

Rob

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
Hello and welcome to The Fastlane Forum. Its nice seeing someone else from the south in here now, I live in Mississippi. I would look into reading up on PHP and Javascript coding. At least get familiar with them so when you do have a site design/built they wont try to pull a fast one on you. Also look into SEO, market research for when you find a niche you are interested in, ad copy to help with landing pages and PPC advertising. Thats just some stuff I would suggest looking into and from that you will find more stuff to learn. It really is a never ending journey when it comes to business and education.

4runner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely start looking into the topics you suggested.

It really is a never ending journey when it comes to business and education.

Yes, you are absolutely right about that. There is always more to learn! I guess I am trying to get the "biggest bang for my buck" by trying to pick out the most important things to spend my time learning rather than just trying to learn everything at once (which is impossible)....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...