The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners

mjb234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 18, 2018
I'm a 26-year-old who just spent the last three years teaching English in Spain. After graduating college in 2014, I decided to forgo the typical job route and move to Spain. The main thing that fueled my move was the desire to avoid a typical life of working a 9 to 5 job and hoping to slowly advance up the corporate ladder. I looked around at the lives that my family and all of their friends led and it really depressed me. Even though I knew quite a few people that had good jobs and lived a pretty cushy lifestyle, none of them had the kind of freedom I was searching for. They were all tied to their houses, their cars, and most importantly, their jobs. And I was constantly told by them just how important it was that I converted my expensive degree into a high-paying job so I could "live a comfortable life". Anyways, I moved to Spain primarily because I saw escaping to a foreign country as the only viable way to avoid what I now know is a slowlane life.

Upon returning to the U.S. four months ago (living broke in Spain started to lose its charm and student loans and other looming responsibilities awaited me at home), I was faced with the long-dreaded job search. As I slogged through the standard online applications for jobs that I wasn't the slightest bit interested in, hating every single minute of it, it occurred to me that this whole job thing might not be for me. I started to think of ways I could make money without having to answer to any boss or 9-5 schedule. Then while watching a Gary Vaynerchuk video on youtube I learned about flipping things on Ebay for a profit. I decided to give it a shot, but discovered it was a lot harder than it appeared, and I can now see that what was driving my efforts was a desire to make money, not offer any actual value to anybody. But it did plant the idea of entrepreneurship in my mind.

About a week ago I heard about "The Millionaire Fastlane " on a blog I follow and decided to give it a shot. Holy shit was my mind blown. I saw that my whole way of thinking about money and work was completely backward. Sure, I had dreams of making millions and living an extraordinary life, but I always "knew" that those were just dreams. At most I would make a pretty decent living, and with the help of a lot of spirituality and some lowered expectations, live a contented life. Now I see that the life I've dreamt of can actually be achieved, as long as I'm willing to commit to a different way of living.

I'm happy to join this community and I'm ready to turn this excitement into action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...