The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners

hyperreal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 2, 2021
Switzerland
Hello Fastlaners,

After finishing high school I decided to give the Slowlane a try, and it all went quite well for what this lane has to offer. I got a degree in a highly specialized field of engineering and got a high-paying job right away. I got many promotions, to quickly realize that there is a salary ceiling for this type of job, and it is not as high as I imagined. There is also not much development opportunities. For that reason, I moved towards project and people management with better pay and more career development options. While this provides quite good standard of living, there are many issues perfectly described in the three books we are discussing here. Starting with being location dependent, not being able to do what you want and where you want, to finally and most importantly trading away your precious time with no scale effect. Now is the time to switch to the Fastlane, and the best option appears to be developing a business on the side while working 9-5, and go full-time with the business once it grows enough to support my living. While possessing the right mindset described in the books, it is hard to reach the "F*ck this event" in such comfy circumstances.

Is any of you currently in a similar situation or maybe used to be and successfully switched to the Fastlane? I would love to hear your stories.

@MJ DeMarco thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. After reading many books on this topic, I can feel these are really written with the purpose of positively influencing the world, rather just selling copies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
Hello Fastlaners,

After finishing high school I decided to give the Slowlane a try, and it all went quite well for what this lane has to offer. I got a degree in a highly specialized field of engineering and got a high-paying job right away. I got many promotions, to quickly realize that there is a salary ceiling for this type of job, and it is not as high as I imagined. There is also not much development opportunities. For that reason, I moved towards project and people management with better pay and more career development options. While this provides quite good standard of living, there are many issues perfectly described in the three books we are discussing here. Starting with being location dependent, not being able to do what you want and where you want, to finally and most importantly trading away your precious time with no scale effect. Now is the time to switch to the Fastlane, and the best option appears to be developing a business on the side while working 9-5, and go full-time with the business once it grows enough to support my living. While possessing the right mindset described in the books, it is hard to reach the "F*ck this event" in such comfy circumstances.

Is any of you currently in a similar situation or maybe used to be and successfully switched to the Fastlane? I would love to hear your stories.

@MJ DeMarco thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. After reading many books on this topic, I can feel these are really written with the purpose of positively influencing the world, rather just selling copies.
Welcome. It's not unusual to not reach a FTE until around midlife crises time. For exactly the reasons you specified. If you have a good education and career, you are paid very well for 25yr old standards. Then you get a family with kids, expenses rise, stresses rise, priorities change, promotions are good for the wallet but increase stress and responsibility, etc...

Part of being a wise person is to try and get ahead of problems before they arise! This is the perfect time for you to start your entrepreneurship journey. You have a cushy job to pay for your living expenses and savings. Use your free time to start a business. It doesn't happen overnight anyways. Your older self will thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...