The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello FastLane World... Done finally lurking!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hello all,

I have been lingering this forum for almost a year, but never joined because I wanted to be an "official" business owner before I finally did.

Some quick background on me:
I own two e-commerce sites. One in a very specific niche, and one in the clothing industry.

My path??
2003-2008: College student and freelance graphics designer and web designer. Started and owned several websites, Ning social networks, and phpBB forums, viral marketing material, etc during that time. Experimented with just about everything web..

2008-2009: Worked as recruiter at staffing company right after graduation for 6 months. Laid off, and now pursuing my dreams! Until my saved money runs out.. I have until middle of October before I have to start looking for a job to pay the bills..

Right now, I am living lean..
My short team goal: Have my two e-commerce sites bring in $1200/month profit by August 1st. Attainable? Very possible, my internet marketing skills are quite polished. SEO, viral, 2.0, you name it, I've done it before and honed them done.

My long term goal: Once I have these sites paying my bills so I don't have to work. I will focus on starting the "HUGE" venture. My goal is to be at least a millionaire in net worth by 27 (2.5 years from now) and driving around a Lambo.

Anyways, that's my short story. I do have a personal blog that I've tracked my entrepreneurship moves since college, but I am reconstructing it, so I won't post a link yet.

- James F

to PhMX: I've been watching this forum develop and I must give you props. You are definitly on track, good content will always win out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Hello James and welcome to the Fastlane, thanks for the wonderful intro and I hope this forum will help you achieve your goals and dreams!

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Great post and welcome to the forum!

The greatest thing I like about your story is your focus and determination on the development of your Entrepreneurial path. That says a lot about your character and I'm glad your here. You'll be a fabulous addition as this forum has some great people and members to feedback your ideas and ventures off of.

Welcome & happy Cinco DeMaya Mi Amigo! (tomorrow)

Exclusive Bryan C EDIT: Link to your blog?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Good to have you, dig into some conversations in the e-commerce forum (e-biz) Dont worry about digging old threads, we won't cast you out here as long as the responses are worthwhile and thought out.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thx for registering James, looks like you are in the mode of "do-or-die!" Often that's a great motivator.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just wanted to give the forum an update on my stats since the original post:

Remember that August 1st deadline to make $1000/month with my e-commerce and high traffic sites? Well, I made that goal. It wasn't by August 1st but more Sept. 1st. I built and have four different avenues of revenue; 1. Drop e-commerce site, 2. Custom clothing e-commerce site, 3. High traffic Twitter site, and 4. Freelance web design. I built all four sites in that 5 month span, and now all that hard work is starting to pay off.

So far with all of them combined; I can pay all the bills, rent, utilities, food, gas, etc. And things continue to grow. I don't have any fun money, but it doesn't matter. I am my own BOSS! :notworthy::hurray::urock2:

I really needed to hit this goal because I didn't want a full-time job while I work on my $$$ million venture. Now that I have a pretty passive income, I can focus all my attention to this new venture. I have the perfect idea, and the execution is being planned now. It's in the healthcare field, and can't release any details yet.

I am thinking about outside funding, not totally set on it; but it depends on how the execution plans draw out. So to any investors out there, hit me with a PM and I'll keep you locked in with any updates. :chatter:

- James F.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Congratulations! I have a similar goal and am developing my plan as we speak! It's kind of hit me. I am in college and will be graduating soon. I do not want to get a job and sucked into the slow lane life. I have 15 months to be making 3000/month.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Congrats on actually getting something done and moving past the procrastination. I've noticed that has been my biggest limiting factor!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
James,

Reading your post gives me the chills! I remember my break-thru of having bills paid and all the free time to pursue my goals. It is an exciting time in your life, enjoy it ... the momentum is building, enjoy the wind at your back. While you might not have "fun money" you have control over your destiny and the money WILL come.

I'm so happy for you.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just giving a quick update on a internet marketing blog I am working on, I got the about me part done and it has some real good information about my background, and such. Check it out: www.fendza.com/blog/about

Leave a comment and let me know you've been there.. the rest of the blog is launching soon..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...