The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having trouble finding CENTS ideas that bridge the gap

Idea threads

treeleef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 27, 2021
I've developed a habit of writing down all my ideas for businesses whenever I think of something new. So far, I've grown a sizeable list, but I've come to a sort of roadblock.

I like to plan out things a lot (but not too much) so I know what to expect in terms of trajectory. Lately I've been trying to map out a sort of levelled idea plan that takes me from one idea to the next in terms of income. Starting small from a side hustle, then turning it full time, then expanding and hiring, then using that money to start another project while that one grows as much as it reasonably can without diminishing returns, and repeat the process by developing more pursuits with the money made from previous investments and businesses.

The problem I'm running into with this planning is categorizing business ideas in between high caliber profit with high investment and lower end profit with little investment. Everything I come up with is either a really big idea that requires a ton of capital, or a small time idea that requires barely anything at all.

Is there anything specifically I should be looking out for when thinking of ideas? The earning capacity is what's bothering me. Either the idea is so small that it's easy to start but won't make big money, or the idea is so big that it will make big money but requires a hefty investment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd start small and get some small wins.

Think of it like track at the Olympics. You can't win a medal on the big stage until you win some local races.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.