The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
SheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiT
3fNkm.gif

I haven't moved from a cold, dreary and dark climate to a warm and sunny one... And I have at the same time. I feel like the Schrödinger's cat*. And I don't.

I have never believed that climate and weather can have such a huge impact on a person. Or at least on myself.

And here I am.

I am feeling a significant, if not a life-changing difference between how I felt during winter, even two months ago in February, and how I am feeling right now in late April.

This is definitely due to the lack of Sun (not solely of course).

I haven't moved. Still in Dublin, Ireland. Why is the geographical location important?

Vitamin D deficiency might be the reason. According to this fella:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAAlMYWtF_s

He claims we need to go out between 11AM-1PM for 15-25mins daily to get enough sunlight for our skin to produce enough of vitamin D. And if we live above 32N (32S probably too) latitude then we can't get enough between October - February even if we stood in the Sun for the whole day (incorrect/insufficient angle).

The only thing I don't agree is his calculation. So to get the most Vit D you need to go outside for 15-25mins or so BUT the times are different for every location. For Dublin, Ireland the Sun culminates during Summer Time (UTC+1?) at 13:23PM local time (GMT) so to get enough Vit D you need to go out between 12:23PM and 14:23PM for 15-25mins or so. Daily (not 11-1PM).

And according to different sources Dublin is so far up North that we won't get the correct Sun angle even in March, or part of the month. So I would say October - March we need to supplement with tablets.

Again, I am talking somewhere around 4000UI daily (couple of thousands % RDA). And again, according to difference sources and myself and my family. You cannot overdose. But check yourself because if you get sick then don't complain you are bankrupt or dead because you listened to some random guy on the internet.

Hope this helps someone here. It helped me a lot. This won't change your environment totally but could help at least a little (a couple of %) to start and improve your life and get energy, gain momentum and make bigger changes (e.g. ditching toxic friends, people from your life etc etc etc)...

*(Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935, though the idea originated from Albert Einstein. It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Everyman, it's not just vitamin D but also possibly other products that you can only get from the real thing, the sun (read The Vitamin D Solution by Michael Holick). Sunlight regulates many functions in the body and vitamin D pills alone don't work for all of them. That's why people with seasonal affective disorder use SAD lamps in addition to vitamin D supplementation.

But for me, even that isn't enough. Only actually being in a nice climate (or when the summer comes) cures me, probably because of additional psychological effects (I love outdoor sports but practicing them during winter is impossible or sucks).

initialjaws

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 31, 2020
But for me, even that isn't enough. Only actually being in a nice climate (or when the summer comes) cures me, probably because of additional psychological effects

I went on a holiday from wet and generally crappy Tasmania (little island off the bottom of Australia) to Western Australia where it's sunny, clear and bloody pristine if anything; my entire persona changed. You walk outside thinking "Hell yeah! Where's the next adventure at?" instead of "Aw she's a bit cold, hey.." and it feels like you can do anything you want, for real! Being anywhere that doesn't have constant gorgeous weather makes you feel constantly not-gorgeous.. in all aspects of life not just physically, but mentally you're less confident and lack the motivation you need to go and succeed today, just because you don't enjoy where you're at, and the prospect of moving away is like negative reinforcement to go out and make some dosh, whereas if you live somewhere nice already you just kind of do it.

First post btw I don't know how this works yet but I'll figure it out

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I went on a holiday from wet and generally crappy Tasmania (little island off the bottom of Australia) to Western Australia where it's sunny, clear and bloody pristine if anything; my entire persona changed. You walk outside thinking "Hell yeah! Where's the next adventure at?" instead of "Aw she's a bit cold, hey.." and it feels like you can do anything you want, for real! Being anywhere that doesn't have constant gorgeous weather makes you feel constantly not-gorgeous.. in all aspects of life not just physically, but mentally you're less confident and lack the motivation you need to go and succeed today, just because you don't enjoy where you're at, and the prospect of moving away is like negative reinforcement to go out and make some dosh, whereas if you live somewhere nice already you just kind of do it.

Totally agree.

And Tasmania isn't even that gloomy as many other places around the world (though indeed super gloomy compared to the rest of Australia). I imagine it's a cool place for summer vacation due to incredible nature but not year round.

initialjaws

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 31, 2020
Totally agree.

And Tasmania isn't even that gloomy as many other places around the world (though indeed super gloomy compared to the rest of Australia). I imagine it's a cool place for summer vacation due to incredible nature but not year round.

Yeah man, not the worst place for weather but I tell ya after visiting somewhere that makes you feel insanely good and keen to do literally anything, it makes you feel pretty discontent with where you are. Well, where I am haha. I'm seventeen so no chance of moving too soon but one day! So sick of the weather here even when the nature can be awesome! Mountainbiking, surfing, bushwalking, etc. here can be mint as, but damn cold toooooo.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I left the UK four years ago and I haven't looked back.

I live in Singapore which has much better weather, great food, great people, incredible internet speeds (my 4G is faster than my parents' Virgin Media connection back in the UK!) and its so well connected - Changi is the world's number 1 airport.

I couldn't be happier. I leave near the sea, a big nature reserve, I'm exercising more, I swim more and I'm playing squash twice a week (when there's no lockdown).

My next goal is to get PR residency and buy a condo!

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
@Everyman, it's not just vitamin D but also possibly other products that you can only get from the real thing, the sun (read The Vitamin D Solution by Michael Holick). Sunlight regulates many functions in the body and vitamin D pills alone don't work for all of them. That's why people with seasonal affective disorder use SAD lamps in addition to vitamin D supplementation.

But for me, even that isn't enough. Only actually being in a nice climate (or when the summer comes) cures me, probably because of additional psychological effects (I love outdoor sports but practicing them during winter is impossible or sucks).

Yes. I agree. This too. Thanks for adding it.

I used to train track and field and every winter we ran through waist-tall snow on many occasions... which was fun but it didn't make the weather any better.

Do you ski or snowboard? Any other winter sports? I noticed that most of the people who don't like winter are those who also don't ski... Those who do can't wait... But you are right. Winter above certain latitude is dark and dreary and nothing makes it nice. It's better to change location than fight with climate for half of each year......

I think I suffer from SAD and will definitely invest in the lamp. But also different country too between October and March...

I live in Singapore which has much better weather, great food, great people, incredible internet speeds (my 4G is faster than my parents' Virgin Media connection back in the UK!) and its so well connected - Changi is the world's number 1 airport.

I heard Singapore is great for many things. Everything nice and tidy. Pleasent beuracraucy and tax system. If you are location independent it is especially favourable... Ahh....

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Do you ski or snowboard? Any other winter sports? I noticed that most of the people who don't like winter are those who also don't ski... Those who do can't wait... But you are right. Winter above certain latitude is dark and dreary and nothing makes it nice. It's better to change location than fight with climate for half of each year......

You can surf in winter and I do that but I don't think I need to explain how much it sucks to do it in cold water vs under blue skies in boardshorts only... There are no outdoor activities that I enjoy more because it's winter. Every single sport that I do isn't that fun in winter.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
SheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiT
3fNkm.gif

I haven't moved from a cold, dreary and dark climate to a warm and sunny one... And I have at the same time. I feel like the Schrödinger's cat*. And I don't.

I have never believed that climate and weather can have such a huge impact on a person. Or at least on myself.

And here I am.

I am feeling a significant, if not a life-changing difference between how I felt during winter, even two months ago in February, and how I am feeling right now in late April.

This is definitely due to the lack of Sun (not solely of course).

I haven't moved. Still in Dublin, Ireland. Why is the geographical location important?

Vitamin D deficiency might be the reason. According to this fella:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAAlMYWtF_s

He claims we need to go out between 11AM-1PM for 15-25mins daily to get enough sunlight for our skin to produce enough of vitamin D. And if we live above 32N (32S probably too) latitude then we can't get enough between October - February even if we stood in the Sun for the whole day (incorrect/insufficient angle).

The only thing I don't agree is his calculation. So to get the most Vit D you need to go outside for 15-25mins or so BUT the times are different for every location. For Dublin, Ireland the Sun culminates during Summer Time (UTC+1?) at 13:23PM local time (GMT) so to get enough Vit D you need to go out between 12:23PM and 14:23PM for 15-25mins or so. Daily (not 11-1PM).

And according to different sources Dublin is so far up North that we won't get the correct Sun angle even in March, or part of the month. So I would say October - March we need to supplement with tablets.

Again, I am talking somewhere around 4000UI daily (couple of thousands % RDA). And again, according to difference sources and myself and my family. You cannot overdose. But check yourself because if you get sick then don't complain you are bankrupt or dead because you listened to some random guy on the internet.

Hope this helps someone here. It helped me a lot. This won't change your environment totally but could help at least a little (a couple of %) to start and improve your life and get energy, gain momentum and make bigger changes (e.g. ditching toxic friends, people from your life etc etc etc)...

*(Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935, though the idea originated from Albert Einstein. It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.)

I'm in a similar situation. I live in London where the weather is typically appalling. I go on walks every day and in the winter, I still don't get enough vit D and I still feel miserable. The weather here for the past month has been amazing though, and my mood has gone up significantly. I can go from feeling suicidally depressed to very happy from walking in the sun. It feel so damn good to get some sunlight - and to see blue sky.

A supplement is not enough. I need to feel the sun. Once this stupid virus is over, I will definitely be moving to a hotter country. I've been considering it for far too long, but my change in mood has proved that I can't stay here much longer. Every year the bad weather affects me more and more. I feel dead inside when it's not sunny. Maybe it's because I'm south European and we just need more sunlight? Don't know, I remember reading a study that those from colder countries need less vit D.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I left the UK four years ago and I haven't looked back.

I couldn't be happier. I leave near the sea, a big nature reserve, I'm exercising more, I swim more and I'm playing squash twice a week (when there's no lockdown).

My next goal is to get PR residency and buy a condo!

That's awesome. Leaving the UK is pretty high on my list of things to do.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I've been considering it for far too long, but my change in mood has proved that I can't stay here much longer. Every year the bad weather affects me more and more. I feel dead inside when it's not sunny. Maybe it's because I'm south European and we just need more sunlight? Don't know, I remember reading a study that those from colder countries need less vit D.

That's me and I can relate 100%.

This year I've been staying in a hot, sunny country since the end of February (well, kind of got forced to stay here considering the virus) and even though the lockdown sucks a lot, at least I don't have to suffer because of cold weather and gray skies.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I'm one of those few that look forward to overcast days and cold fronts.
:)

Maybe it has something to do with exactly how the place is when it's cold. Here in the UK it's just characterless. No snow, nothing, just plain white skies. Very depressing. But when I lived in northern Norway for a bit, I was okay with the cold as it was snowing and looked quite picturesque.

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
I live in Phoenix, AZ and i'm not sure if I speak for others but despite the good sunny weather (other than the summer time), I really am starting to not like Arizona so much. It seems very bland and there isn't much to do IMO (i'm not a big hiker). I also love the beach and we don't have any of that.

Having things to do where you live is important

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm one of those few that look forward to overcast days and cold fronts.
:)

We couldn't be good friends LOL.

Maybe it has something to do with exactly how the place is when it's cold. Here in the UK it's just characterless. No snow, nothing, just plain white skies. Very depressing. But when I lived in northern Norway for a bit, I was okay with the cold as it was snowing and looked quite picturesque.

Yeah I mostly don't get it and don't consider snowy landscapes beautiful. It just makes me feel cold and depressed.

I live in Phoenix, AZ and i'm not sure if I speak for others but despite the good sunny weather (other than the summer time), I really am starting to not like Arizona so much. It seems very bland and there isn't much to do IMO (i'm not a big hiker). I also love the beach and we don't have any of that.

Having things to do where you live is important

Definitely. I didn't really consider AZ such a great place climate-wise because winter nights can be chilly (at least when I was there). Also, summers tend to be way too hot to be active outside. There has to be a sweet spot of sunny days, the right temperatures, and the right humidity. And cool things to do (a large body of water definitely helps with that).

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
I actually prefer cloudy and colder weather (plus dark hours). It is kinda comforting in its own way. But I really hate it when there is a strong wind during fall/winter, so unbearable.

I find sunny and warm weather to be irritating and I cannot stand it. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near me when I am irritated by the heat. (I become like a kid complaining about every single thing.) And it also means I need to put on sunscreen. Which honestly takes way too much time out of my day. (And stresses me out when I sweat or get water on me.... need to re-apply AGAIN.)

Not to mention the sun blinding my eyes.... eehh. Not a fan.

This is why I am planning to only live in Northern Northern Hemisphere (Even though the sunlight hours during the summer are very long) and avoid going near the equator as much as possible.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Definitely. I didn't really consider AZ such a great place climate-wise because winter nights can be chilly (at least when I was there). Also, summers tend to be way too hot to be active outside. There has to be a sweet spot of sunny days, the right temperatures, and the right humidity. And cool things to do (a large body of water definitely helps with that).

Check Malaga, Spain. Or south Portugal (e.g. Ericeira). Great all year but no snow for skiing/snowboarding.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Check Malaga, Spain. Or south Portugal (e.g. Ericeira). Great all year but no snow for skiing/snowboarding.

I've been to Malaga. It's too cold in winter. Even worse with south Portugal. Great surfing but cold water year round.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I can now answer the question I posed in the first post of this thread myself.

I've been living in Barbados for the last 5 months. I've been surfing and swimming almost every single day. It's been sunny virtually every single day, too, and the weather has been perfect. If it weren't for some issues unrelated to the weather (a tiny country, low quality of food, everything has to be imported so it's either not available or very expensive and often of low quality, little nature outside of the ocean), it would be a perfect place to live.

I'm going back home in two days. I'm stressed out and don't want to return. But sooner or later I have to (for various personal reasons). The plan is to get out and move to another warm and sunny place in the fall but we'll see how it goes depending how the virus situation unfolds.

I thought that I would miss my family and friends much more than I actually do. I don't miss friends at all (and the long time away made me question some of the relationships) and as for my family, while it would be cool to have them close by, ultimately I can't sacrifice my own happiness just to live close to them (while hating where I live).

So the experience has confirmed that I'm indeed happier in a warm, sunny country.

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
I can now answer the question I posed in the first post of this thread myself.

I've been living in Barbados for the last 5 months. I've been surfing and swimming almost every single day. It's been sunny virtually every single day, too, and the weather has been perfect. If it weren't for some issues unrelated to the weather (a tiny country, low quality of food, everything has to be imported so it's either not available or very expensive and often of low quality, little nature outside of the ocean), it would be a perfect place to live.

I'm going back home in two days. I'm stressed out and don't want to return. But sooner or later I have to (for various personal reasons). The plan is to get out and move to another warm and sunny place in the fall but we'll see how it goes depending how the virus situation unfolds.

I thought that I would miss my family and friends much more than I actually do. I don't miss friends at all (and the long time away made me question some of the relationships) and as for my family, while it would be cool to have them close by, ultimately I can't sacrifice my own happiness just to live close to them (while hating where I live).

So the experience has confirmed that I'm indeed happier in a warm, sunny country.

This is literally what I plan to do, I lived/visited in one of the west indies countries in the Caribbean last year for 6 months. Was happy nearly everyday. Something about the coconut tree's and tropical weather.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I feel like I'm stuck in a limbo today.

I have an ecommerce business which requires me to stay where I am in Ireland to import and send out our orders but the weather here is really getting me down lately.

I used to live in Australia where the sun shined 300 days of the year. I miss it big time.

Thinking about moving to somewhere sunny in Europe but that will involve me closing my ecom business which I love and maybe re-starting it in Europe or doing something else altogether. Not sure what to do, would love some advice from you guys.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thinking about moving to somewhere sunny in Europe but that will involve me closing my ecom business which I love and maybe re-starting it in Europe or doing something else altogether. Not sure what to do, would love some advice from you guys.

Is there no way to keep it open as you move?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Curious to hear where you're at now. Did you end up going back to Barbados or did you find an even better fit?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Curious to hear where you're at now. Did you end up going back to Barbados or did you find an even better fit?

Went back to Poland last year after 5 months there. Then spend the fall of 2020 road tripping through Europe (and crossing off some places I thought could be a good fit). Been in Poland since the second half of December because a trip in February didn't work out due to the pandemic.

Planning to stay here for the summer and leave in the fall to check out new possible destinations for a second home.

I've changed my attitude toward external factors affecting me so I'm no longer as frustrated as I was before, even when the weather sucks. But I'd still like to optimize my life and spend the coldest months somewhere warm and sunny.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I feel like I'm stuck in a limbo today.

I have an ecommerce business which requires me to stay where I am in Ireland to import and send out our orders but the weather here is really getting me down lately.

I used to live in Australia where the sun shined 300 days of the year. I miss it big time.

Use a fulfilment centre to receive the stock and send out orders. I used to do this myself for 10 years then outsourced to centre in Colchester, UK.

Ellenit

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 12, 2021
Hello!
In my opinion, it really depends on how important the weather is to you. I moved from sunny Northern Mexico to gray and cold Berlin. I was very happy in Mexico, but a higher quality of life (safety, higher income, ORDER!) was more important to me than 340 sunny days a year.
Often Germans have asked me "How could you leave Mexico for Germany???" because they all love warm weather and at any opportunity, they take a plane to a faraway country with a nice beach. But do they emmigrate? Do they leave Germany for good? Nooooo!!! Because the standard of living here is pretty good and not even the sun can compete with the feeling of safety and peace.
Sure the weather has an effect on our mood, so I'd say, change it if you can! But it is a secondary thing anyway. More important is to ask yourself if there are other things within you that won't let you enjoy life as much. Maybe you can practice looking at the positive sides of things and do some inner work. Because in the end, joy, peace, and satisfaction don't depend on external factors but on our perceptions.

Wish you the best!

Ellenit

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hello!
In my opinion, it really depends on how important the weather is to you. I moved from sunny Northern Mexico to gray and cold Berlin. I was very happy in Mexico, but a higher quality of life (safety, higher income, ORDER!) was more important to me than 340 sunny days a year.

I definitely understand this situation as you moved from what I assume was a dangerous part of Mexico to one of the safest countries in the world. I also prioritize safety so I wouldn't move from a cold, gray but safe country to a warm, sunny but dangerous country (like for example most of Brazil). Because who cares that you have great weather if you have to be on the lookout for dangers all the time.

But what if you could have safety, higher income, order and great weather?

Often Germans have asked me "How could you leave Mexico for Germany???" because they all love warm weather and at any opportunity, they take a plane to a faraway country with a nice beach. But do they emmigrate? Do they leave Germany for good? Nooooo!!! Because the standard of living here is pretty good and not even the sun can compete with the feeling of safety and peace.

How long have you been living in Germany? Because I'm pretty sure that eventually you'll grow tired of the horrible weather lol. It may be hard for you to relate to people who were born and lived there their entire life, sun-deprived most of the year.

There's a reason why so many Germans live in the Mediterranean countries and Portugal. I talked with many people who moved from cold and cloudy European countries to the warmer and sunnier ones, often as safe or safer. They all said they couldn't handle the weather anymore.

They actually DO leave Germany for good or at least split their time between Germany and another country. The latter is my plan now as well to get the best of both worlds.

Sure the weather has an effect on our mood, so I'd say, change it if you can! But it is a secondary thing anyway. More important is to ask yourself if there are other things within you that won't let you enjoy life as much. Maybe you can practice looking at the positive sides of things and do some inner work. Because in the end, joy, peace, and satisfaction don't depend on external factors but on our perceptions.

Of course our perceptions change how we respond to the local climate. But there's also biology. I believe that some people don't fare as well as others in bad weather and it has a biological reason.

Also, if you enjoy life most when you're active outside in good weather, then inner work doesn't really help much here. There are people who are happy spending the entire year at home so they don't care much about the weather. But if you love living an outdoorsy life, cold countries don't fit the bill (unless you're into winter sports and they can be practiced where you live).

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
I moved from Scotland to Spain and it was game-changing.

Back in Scotland now. The weather certainly impacts your health and well-being. THAT SAID, in my home country there are other factors that I can't get in Spain.

You have to weigh up what is most important to you. But yeah, photobiomodulation suggests that light is very, very important to our health.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Honestly, yes. I have been living in Florianópolis, Brazil, after having lived for 7 years in Germany.

The really long summers, coupled with fantastic beaches, lots of hikes and that still has a big city vibe with lots to do, have been a gamechanger.

I've traveled a ton around the world, but keep coming back to this place. It never ceases to amaze me, and I keep falling in love with it. No wonder its nickname is "The Magic Island".

Winter, dark days and wearing layers and layers of clothes drain my energy. So I guess everyone has to see what they really enjoy. I know people who dread the summer. Each to his own.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.