The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone ever tried meditating on your goals (life goals, financial success and etc)?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Nick_Burkun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 4, 2022
Hello there, Nick here. Here is a topic that will be interesting for those of us, who have some interest in mental health (as well as in entrepreneurship).

Breif prelude.

I've been meditating almost regulary for quite a while and have discovered different types of meditational practices. Some of them, such as gratitude and empathy meditation invovle concentrating on various affirmations, e.g "May I be healthy", "I'm grateful for..." and etc., and admiring feelings and emotions afterwards in order to develop a more grateful or self-empathetic way of living.

So here is the question: What are your thoughts about meditating on your goals? Have you tried doing it? If you have, how was it? How did it affect your actions and/or behavior?

Lets discuss down below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Playing the last 2 minutes of 'Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg' on full volume and imaging scaling up my business around the country and in the process, building architecture that looks like this...is my meditation.

View: https://youtu.be/3nhcTllJgIY?t=452

fountain.jpg

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
What are your thoughts about meditating on your goals?
To each his own. I've meditated, journal, and visualize. They all calm my monkey brain, though admittingly some better than others at different times. Depending on your mood, each may have a different effect on you

Honestly though what gets me going, pumped, and filled with energy, for the past few months is just reading my goals, daily targets, visualizing myself doing the small things for the day, while listening to this specific song, then get to work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFq6nnw7xg0&ab_channel=Thexx-Topic

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It is my belief that we are spiritual beings first and physical beings by choice. Our spiritual selves know a lot more than our physical selves.

We have the ability to communicate with our spiritual selves. In fact, we are always communicating but few of us pay attention.

Meditation is one tool for this. Dreaming is another. Noticing energy that you are drawing is yet another. There are more.

We all have the ability to develop our psychic skills.

So yes. Meditate on your goals.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I didn’t do it for a while, but I used to do it on the toilet in the morning with a cup of coffee.
Worked great focussing on my goals.

Nick_Burkun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 4, 2022
I didn’t do it for a while, but I used to do it on the toilet in the morning with a cup of coffee.
Worked great focussing on my goals.
Never thought that "toilet university" could be used in that way. Thanks for an idea!

Nick_Burkun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 4, 2022
Honestly though what gets me going, pumped, and filled with energy, for the past few months is just reading my goals, daily targets, visualizing myself doing the small things for the day, while listening to this specific song, then get to work.
Thank you for sharing! Glad to hear that you've found some motivational ritual that keeps up your productivity for the whole day. I'm familiar with some of mentioned practices, but the idea of visualizing daily activity is something new.

What kind of tasks do you usually visualize yourself doing? Something work-related or some domesticity routine?

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
What kind of tasks do you usually visualize yourself doing? Something work-related or some domesticity routine?
There's no right answer to this, as you can go about however you wish as long as the process gets you to begin your work.

Work for me is a list of items I write out the night before that needs to be done that day to move closer to my weekly goals, or else I disappoint myself and will be behind on schedule. For me this is writing scripts, filming, editing, learning some more about editing and writing, brainstorm better systems, working out, fasting until 10-2PM, and do it 7 days a week.

Your work is specifically tailored to whatever you see yourself building. The list I provide means nothing because my goals may different from yours.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a big believer of ritual, because it means if I don't perform it, things will not get done. I find myself visualizing mostly because 1) I enjoy it(listening to the music, knowing I'm moving forward, and seeing growth makes you feel like a badass) and 2) I come up with systems to stop myself from screwing around before the screwing actually happens. In the events that I'm not getting work done or stop enjoying it because I find this "ritual" needs some fresh air, I will stop doing it

Hope that makes thing clearer!

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Hello there, Nick here. Here is a topic that will be interesting for those of us, who have some interest in mental health (as well as in entrepreneurship).

Breif prelude.

I've been meditating almost regulary for quite a while and have discovered different types of meditational practices. Some of them, such as gratitude and empathy meditation invovle concentrating on various affirmations, e.g "May I be healthy", "I'm grateful for..." and etc., and admiring feelings and emotions afterwards in order to develop a more grateful or self-empathetic way of living.

So here is the question: What are your thoughts about meditating on your goals? Have you tried doing it? If you have, how was it? How did it affect your actions and/or behavior?

Lets discuss down below.
I think it's a good exercise for any fighter because it allows you to keep victory in mind in full time. Several scientists and sportsmen have practiced it because it is necessary to have victory in their head at all times. imagination is superior to knowledge as Albert Einstein said. It also allows you to disconnect from the outside world, to let go, clarity of mind and to fully live the present moment in a few minutes.

To change the outer world, you must first change the inner world. And I believe that meditation is a perfect exercise for that.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K

Breif prelude.

Lets discuss down below.
I meditate on my goals and visualize and I believe its very beneficial. I dont meditate asoften as I should but still a couple times a week and I feel like I get obsessed with my goals quicker allowing me to apply the pressure i need to get momentum and i try and keep that going with meditation before i sleep and after I wake.

Nick_Burkun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 4, 2022
Hope that makes thing clearer!
Yeah, that definatly does! Thanks alot for your feedback. Details about your routine aren't things to copy, of course, but they have assisted understanding the purpose of rituals. This quote really points that out:
you can go about however you wish as long as the process gets you to begin your work.
Sometimes people need simple truth to be told to them, guess that's exactly it.
Gonna take some steps in building my own goal reignition routine!

purdude5

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 9, 2022
I find that meditating actually helps clarify what my goals ARE. I sometimes get caught up banging my head against a wall for a near term task, but when I meditate I realize that task isn't the high-leverage thing I should be doing.

I guess sometimes I jneed to step back and think of the bigger picture.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.