The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hard time finding niche

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
hey guys, I've been trying and looking around to find a niche to jump into but I'm just stuck. I have a few that I think could have potential for me to add something too but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if is should come up with my own product or just tweak an existing product and brand as my own. Any help on slimming down the search would be great because I have a feeling I'm not the only one who is hungry to start but doesn't know what niche to pick.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VMac

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 14, 2021
No need to reinvent the wheel. You can always put your own unique spin to an existing product or service. I would suggest thinking about some inconveniences that can be fixed by you in some way.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
No need to reinvent the wheel. You can always put your own unique spin to an existing product or service. I would suggest thinking about some inconveniences that can be fixed by you in some way.
appreciate it!

surfer30

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2021
Hi. this is my first post here and would love to help you.

I think there are 3 profitable niches that most marketers love a lot like health, wealth and dating. but the problem there is a real competition online. so you have to pick a niche and break it down to its profitable sub-niches.

For instance health. people who suffer from acne are desperate, unhappy and uncomfortable, if you try to help these people and sell them a product they will show you the money.

Hundreds of niches. another great way is to present your new opportunity and stay out of competition. you do something new and unique.

hope this helps

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Hi. this is my first post here and would love to help you.

I think there are 3 profitable niches that most marketers love a lot like health, wealth and dating. but the problem there is a real competition online. so you have to pick a niche and break it down to its profitable sub-niches.

For instance health. people who suffer from acne are desperate, unhappy and uncomfortable, if you try to help these people and sell them a product they will show you the money.

Hundreds of niches. another great way is to present your new opportunity and stay out of competition. you do something new and unique.

hope this helps
Appreciate it!
yes I have heard that health, wealth and romance/dating are usually the best niches I have looked into the acne/skincare market

surfer30

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2021
Appreciate it!
yes I have heard that health, wealth and romance/dating are usually the best niches I have looked into the acne/skincare market
If you have any questions feel free to ask me, i can help.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Start looking at the world with a producer mindset rather than a consumer mindset. There are businesses all around you.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

When filling a need you don’t even need to have something new or unique. It just needs to be needed, in demand, and you need the ability to do it.

Think about a service business like washing cars, repairing roofs, or painting houses.

If you have experience doing a job like that (you probably do if you’re paying for your own bills) then try going self employed and then branching out to a bigger team.

The reason most of these businesses stay small isn’t a problem with the “idea,” but a problem with the founder’s execution and vision. You grow on purpose, not by accident.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
hey guys, I've been trying and looking around to find a niche to jump into but I'm just stuck. I have a few that I think could have potential for me to add something too but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if is should come up with my own product or just tweak an existing product and brand as my own. Any help on slimming down the search would be great because I have a feeling I'm not the only one who is hungry to start but doesn't know what niche to pick.
Not knowing what to pick is a very common obstacle. The best advice is probably to try a different research strategy and spend more time on it. Almost 100% of business success will depend on research (not about finding an idea, but a market need that other's haven't solved yet).
It will feel like a waste of time most of the time, and that's okay.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
List out different industries, rank them in order of what you would prefer, the market size, compition etc.

Select 3 to 5 niches from that.
Then you could do several ready made tests for finding a good niche
1. The mom test
2. Job to be done framework
Etc.

Refine the results, and you got a niche with a need

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Not knowing what to pick is a very common obstacle. The best advice is probably to try a different research strategy and spend more time on it. Almost 100% of business success will depend on research (not about finding an idea, but a market need that other's haven't solved yet).
It will feel like a waste of time most of the time, and that's okay.
appreciate the feedback

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
List out different industries, rank them in order of what you would prefer, the market size, compition etc.

Select 3 to 5 niches from that.
Then you could do several ready made tests for finding a good niche
1. The mom test
2. Job to be done framework
Etc.

Refine the results, and you got a niche with a need
what exactly is the mom test

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics