The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Happy to be here

DavyB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 12, 2007
California
Firefighter interested in REI

My story is different from a lot of you, but the same in many ways...

First off, I'm a fireman and I love my job. Love it. I'm 29 and been a fireman for over 6 years now. At the same time, I love real estate; I think about REI constantly. So I'm not looking to quit bieng a fireman, I just want to enhance my lifestyle and create opportunities for myself through complete financial freedom.

I live in the SF Bay Area (South Bay), obviously an expensive part of the country. I am looking to invest in apartment buildings in markets more conducive to appreciation and cashflow than this area. As I'm sure is the case with many of you, I am finding SteveO's shared information and experiences invaluable. Thank you Steve.

I am a total numbers guy, I love math and property analysis. I have no investment properties, just my own house that I bought in '03, and a circus attempt at a flip project a couple of years ago that only ended up costing me a few thousand...I was lucky it wasn't more.

I love sports...play a lot of golf, softball, and basketball. Played baseball in college. Love football and working out. I enjoy travelling, as I have a lot of time off--my schedule is second only to someone who is completely retired. I joke with my pop (who is retired) that I am already practicing for retirement, as I work ten 24-hour shifts a month.

I look forward to sharing any knowledge and experiences that can possibly help any of you, and hope for the same.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome. Glda you're here. I agree with you about SteveO's posts, great stuff.:cheers:

Greg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum and thx for the intro.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hi,

Welcome! I'm a total numbers and analysis nut too! Good luck and thanks for doing the job you do :).

Sue

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome! Glad to have ya!

Where'd you play baseball? I'm a HUGEEEEE baseball fan. I'm a junior in HS now and hopefully going to play in college. Unfortunately, I've been having some elbow trouble recently that will hopefully disappear shortly because I'm a pitcher. You're a Giants fan I assume?

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
DavyB, nice to have you on the forum.

What are you looking to do with apt buildings? I'm also 29, live in the North Bay, and looking to get into apt buildings as a second line of business.

We should chat and see if our goals/interests are aligned.

DavyB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 12, 2007
California
Yankees338--I played at Santa Clara University, and I was also a pitcher. Hope your elbow problems clear up. Actually I'm an A's and Yankees fan, Yanks mostly because I like the history of the team in the broader scope of baseball. Clemens is my favorite player, and I can't help but like Jeter. Overall, the A's are my team.

SeanS--I'm looking to buy an apartment building in the sunbelt area, possibly tulsa, oklahoma city, houston, lexington, nashville...I'm also trying to get my brother on board with me (works for microsoft). He's a smart dude, analytical, and the more cash we can pool together the farther we can go, quicker. You said you're looking at apt buildings as a second line of business...what's your first? I'd be more than happy to talk to you about what I'm looking to do.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yankees338--I played at Santa Clara University, and I was also a pitcher. Hope your elbow problems clear up. Actually I'm an A's and Yankees fan, Yanks mostly because I like the history of the team in the broader scope of baseball. Clemens is my favorite player, and I can't help but like Jeter. Overall, the A's are my team.
Strange. I actually don't love Clemens all that much. Of course, I like Jeter. Clemens has always seemed like an arrogant, selfish guy, but recently I've come to respect him a little more because of his drive and competitive nature. And, of course, he's pretty damn good.

What type of school is Santa Clara? D1? D2, 3? How hard did you throw/what'd you throw. (Feel free to continue the conversation in PM if it's too off-topic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...