• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Happy to be here

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by DavyB, Sep 17, 2007.

1. DavyB

DavyB New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Firefighter interested in REI

My story is different from a lot of you, but the same in many ways...

First off, I'm a fireman and I love my job. Love it. I'm 29 and been a fireman for over 6 years now. At the same time, I love real estate; I think about REI constantly. So I'm not looking to quit bieng a fireman, I just want to enhance my lifestyle and create opportunities for myself through complete financial freedom.

I live in the SF Bay Area (South Bay), obviously an expensive part of the country. I am looking to invest in apartment buildings in markets more conducive to appreciation and cashflow than this area. As I'm sure is the case with many of you, I am finding SteveO's shared information and experiences invaluable. Thank you Steve.

I am a total numbers guy, I love math and property analysis. I have no investment properties, just my own house that I bought in '03, and a circus attempt at a flip project a couple of years ago that only ended up costing me a few thousand...I was lucky it wasn't more.

I love sports...play a lot of golf, softball, and basketball. Played baseball in college. Love football and working out. I enjoy travelling, as I have a lot of time off--my schedule is second only to someone who is completely retired. I joke with my pop (who is retired) that I am already practicing for retirement, as I work ten 24-hour shifts a month.

I look forward to sharing any knowledge and experiences that can possibly help any of you, and hope for the same.

2. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,580
    Welcome. Glda you're here. I agree with you about SteveO's posts, great stuff.:cheers:

Greg

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,337
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum and thx for the intro.

4. BeingChewsie

BeingChewsie Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $534
    Hi,

Welcome! I'm a total numbers and analysis nut too! Good luck and thanks for doing the job you do :).

Sue

5. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $178
    Welcome! Glad to have ya!

Where'd you play baseball? I'm a HUGEEEEE baseball fan. I'm a junior in HS now and hopefully going to play in college. Unfortunately, I've been having some elbow trouble recently that will hopefully disappear shortly because I'm a pitcher. You're a Giants fan I assume?

6. Sid23

Sid23 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    DavyB, nice to have you on the forum.

What are you looking to do with apt buildings? I'm also 29, live in the North Bay, and looking to get into apt buildings as a second line of business.

We should chat and see if our goals/interests are aligned.

7. DavyB

DavyB New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Yankees338--I played at Santa Clara University, and I was also a pitcher. Hope your elbow problems clear up. Actually I'm an A's and Yankees fan, Yanks mostly because I like the history of the team in the broader scope of baseball. Clemens is my favorite player, and I can't help but like Jeter. Overall, the A's are my team.

SeanS--I'm looking to buy an apartment building in the sunbelt area, possibly tulsa, oklahoma city, houston, lexington, nashville...I'm also trying to get my brother on board with me (works for microsoft). He's a smart dude, analytical, and the more cash we can pool together the farther we can go, quicker. You said you're looking at apt buildings as a second line of business...what's your first? I'd be more than happy to talk to you about what I'm looking to do.

8. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $178
    Strange. I actually don't love Clemens all that much. Of course, I like Jeter. Clemens has always seemed like an arrogant, selfish guy, but recently I've come to respect him a little more because of his drive and competitive nature. And, of course, he's pretty damn good.

What type of school is Santa Clara? D1? D2, 3? How hard did you throw/what'd you throw. (Feel free to continue the conversation in PM if it's too off-topic.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.