The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great books that are NOT best-sellers. Share yours.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Book: CROWDFUNDED: The Proven Crowdfunding System For Launching Products, Raising Millions, And Scaling Brands Using Indiegogo And Kickstarter Paperback – April 15, 2020

CROWDFUNDED: The Proven Crowdfunding System For Launching Products, Raising Millions, And Scaling Brands Using Indiegogo And Kickstarter: Pecota, Mark: 9798634374109: Amazon.com: Books

3e5445e0-6f1d-45d3-b058-ebc76da9a363.19e1b36b5967c010a4e7d16ab42aa8f8.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome! Thank you so much! I noticed that the document contains a link to your GoalSumo.com, but whenever I try to log in, I'm stuck on the loading screen. Is the website ready yet, or still waiting on some kinks to be fixed?

Please submit a report at Contact GoalSumo ... include email you're registering with.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Thanks for putting together the list. I went through it and copied the potentially relevant books to my book list. I'm pretty sure it will be super valuable so thanks in advance for bringing this cool idea to reality!

I hope it's not too late to contribute:

Book: the secret of selling anything
Author: Harry Brown
Genre: sales, direct sales
Subject/Description: It teaches you how you should approach sales meetings and gives you good advics of how outbound/cold acquisition can be done in an efficient and
"easy" way.

Here is the official description from Amazon: If you've read other selling books, you're probably tired of the false promises that never quite work out. You're probably tired of being told "you can do it if you just believe you can. This book is: A road map to success for the salesman… who is not aggressive – who is not a “smooth talker” – and who is not an extrovert.

P. S.: it's the best book I read about sales so far (from maybe 10 - 20 books I read about sales/marketing)

(optional) Amazon Link: The Secret of Selling Anything: A road map to success for the salesman… who is not aggressive, who is not a “smooth talker,” and who is not an extrovert (English Edition) eBook : Browne, Harry: Amazon.de: Kindle-Shop

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Read the list, thank you very much. And, I didn't know @Fox free book made into the list. I like that book.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Recently Teh Hong Piow, 'Asia's Grandmaster of Banking' passed away.

Founded Public Bank at the age of 35, which eventually became Malaysia's second top bank.
His background was pretty astounding. His family was so poor that he could only afford to finish high school-- so he had to go to work almost right out of school.

He ended up working as a bank clerk for OCBC, but he got roped in to help Khoo Teck Puat, one of the senior managers in OCBC to go out and start up Maybank, which is the top bank in the country today. After some years, Teh went out to start Public Bank.

For a bank to survive multiple financial crisis-- and even THRIVE in them-- that is quite the achievement.

I didn't know he had his life story written in a book until lately:

94be8ef0ae482ce8323a64552497f810

282a2fc154ba670745e9fea849cb45d0

I think these two books basically discuss his life story and entire career all the same.

Still trying to find an ebook version though.
For now I've only seen physical copies sold on local Shopee and Carousell platforms, and MPH.

Red.P-901

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 30, 2022
None of my books have ever hit the New York Times best-seller list, and yet, I have sold more than most NYTs best sellers. Interesting don't ya say? That means, you were likely RECOMMENDED the book by a trusted friend, or a YouTube channel.

Recently in the Unscripted Text Network, I asked people to share their best book recommendations that are NOT best-sellers. And by BEST-SELLER I mean something from a NON-FAMOUS author that that isn't widely known.

That said, what is a great, "must read" book that is not widely known, hyped, or publicized? If you have a great book recommendation that is NOT widely known, like an underground *hidden-gem* favorite, please post and I will compile the data and share later.

DO NOT SHARE A BOOK THAT HAS OVER 2,000 REVIEWS AT AMAZON.
DO NOT SHARE A BOOK THAT LIKELY HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED OVER, AND OVER.
DO NOT SHARE A BOOK FROM A FAMOUS AUTHOR

If I see anything by Clear, Napoleon Hill, Goggins, Hormozi, Greene, Taleb, I will puke. Then I will delete the post.

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

My intention is to compile this data in an easy to read format organized by subject and then share.
"No bestseller"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223_163914_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223_163914_Drive.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 22

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Can we make a list on great books but are short books, straight to the point and no drivel?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Book: The Story of Civilisation
Author: Will Durant
Genre: History
Subject/Description: Documenting the rise of mankind from the cave to the modern city.
Amazon Link

I'm 25% through the first volume in this monumental series and it's incredible. This is what history lessons in school should have been like.

Durant breaks down what mankind was like pre-civilisation, and details the rise of civilisation, with more references than you can shake a stick at.

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
Book: The Accidental Entrepreneur: A Practical Guide to Financial Freedom Through Successful Business Acquisitions
Author: James P. Shanahan
Genre: Entrepreneurship
Subject/Description: Lessons learned from 25+ acquisitions over several decades
(optional) Amazon Link: The Accidental Entrepreneur: A Practical Guide to Financial Freedom Through Successful Business Acquisitions: Shanahan, James P.: 9781667846309: Amazon.com: Books

Book Description: A sequel to "Finding the Angle", author and successful entrepreneur James P. Shanahan shares how he transitioned from working for wages to building a family partnership with his four sons. To help readers gain ground quickly, he details how he and the family partnership found solutions and fine-tuned their company acquisitions. The stories of these acquisitions, as well as the information in the business essays can be useful to students, first-time entrepreneurs, management, and business leaders who are seeking to improve current free cash flows. Shanahan's evolution to Wisdom will educate and entertain you.

This was a good and easy read. Details his transition from being an industrial engineer for a large corporation to his first acquisition (which failed) and subsequent 25+ acquisitions over the next few decades. Gives an honest assessment of what worked and didn't. Good read for anyone interested in buying businesses.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
The book gives insights into an effective and proven goal-setting system that you can use in order to set clear, measurable, and challenging goals and then achieve them.

Book: Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
Author: Brian Tracy
Genre: Self-development & Self-management
Subject/Description:
The path from frustration to fulfillment has already been discovered. Hundreds of thousands—even millions—of people started with nothing and achieved great success. In this book, Tracy presents a simple, powerful, and effective system for setting and achieving goals—a method that has been used by more than one million people to achieve extraordinary things.

Using the twenty-one strategies Tracy outlines, you'll be able to accomplish any goal you set for yourself—no matter how big. You'll discover how to determine your own strengths, what you truly value in life, and what you really want to accomplish in the years ahead. Tracy shows how to build your self-esteem and self-confidence, approach every problem or obstacle effectively, overcome difficulties, respond to challenges, and continue forward toward your goals, no matter what happens. Most importantly, you'll learn a system for achievement that you will use for the rest of your life.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi @MJ DeMarco ,

Thank you very much for putting the 101 Must-Read Business and Self-Development Books list. I've compromised to read and apply most of those books this year. Not a big deal, but I just want to let you know that I've found a typo in the book title "Dyanmic Digital Marketing" and on the sub-title "Master the Wrold....."

Regards,
-Nuno

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Good luck! I seriously say picking up "Understanding Sleight of Mouth", too. Actually there are some really old videos of Robert Dilts on Youtube. But the books obviously go into so much more depth
Update here:

Understanding sleight of mouth is an AMAZING book. Not just because of the information.

It took me about 2 days to have an on-demand pattern map + the meta model + more anchored in my mind. I'm not yet able to just use them too quickly because I still need to think too much to use them directly in the moment, but the fact that it's there is super cool.

Excited to move on to Sleight Of Mouth!

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
None of my books have ever hit the New York Times best-seller list, and yet, I have sold more than most NYTs best sellers. Interesting don't ya say? That means, you were likely RECOMMENDED the book by a trusted friend, or a YouTube channel.

Recently in the Unscripted Text Network, I asked people to share their best book recommendations that are NOT best-sellers. And by BEST-SELLER I mean something from a NON-FAMOUS author that that isn't widely known.

That said, what is a great, "must read" book that is not widely known, hyped, or publicized? If you have a great book recommendation that is NOT widely known, like an underground *hidden-gem* favorite, please post and I will compile the data and share later.

If I see anything by Clear, Napoleon Hill, Goggins, Hormozi, Greene, Taleb, I will puke. Then I will delete the post.

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

My intention is to compile this data in an easy to read format organized by subject and then share.
There's this one book called The Millionare Fastlane by this guy named MJ DeMarco really changed my outlook life you should go check it out

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Atomic Habits by James Clear is really good

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

Book: After University What Next
Author: Ambrose Kibuuka S. Mukiibi
Genre: Self Improvement and Entrepreneurship
Subject/Description: Inspiring the various youth in the developing world to think outside or without the box and generate real business ventures that hit Fastlane fast. Exposes the lie common in developing world about the traditional University courses as opposed to non traditional ones.

Unfortunately my kindle has refused to work so I am unable to post amazon link.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I am currently reading it. The writer is a Ugandan. He visited my workplace yesterday to train parents on 21st century parenting and donated two copies. I have found tremendous gems in the book. I wonder why it isn’t popular.

Of course I don't see the Wall Street gospel but common Fastlane hints and urges. I also don't see the common theme in African self improvement and entrepreneurship books. Upwork and BTC. I see encouragement of life long learning and life wide learning by the dynamic self learning approach in order to fusion disciplines into a sellable unit or skill.

There are things here that ring home in my heart because the book focuses on Uganda and Africa. I am a Ugandan. Examples and illustrations ring straight home. They are closer.
Subject/Description: Inspiring the various youth in the developing world to think outside or without the box and generate real business ventures that hit Fastlane fast. Exposes the lie common in developing world about the traditional University courses as opposed to non traditional ones.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I am currently reading it. The writer is a Ugandan. He visited my workplace yesterday to train parents on 21st century parenting and donated two copies. I have found tremendous gems in the book. I wonder why it isn’t popular.

Of course I don't see the Wall Street gospel but common Fastlane hints and urges. I also don't see the common theme in African self improvement and entrepreneurship books. Upwork and BTC. I see encouragement of life long learning and life wide learning by the dynamic self learning approach in order to fusion disciplines into a sellable unit or skill.

There are things here that ring home in my heart because the book focuses on Uganda and Africa. I am a Ugandan. Examples and illustrations ring straight home. They are closer.
@MJ DeMarco, @Andy Black and the other mods must check this book immediately. Maybe you wont read it. But you must check it. It is vital that we here realise the potential it has of putting Fastlaners from the developing world on the Fastlane road trip.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I

I implore especially those of us here from the developing world to read this book. Try to read the third edition. Therein are gems that usually we won't find elsewhere, applied to our context.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012

Please use this format:

Book:
Author:
Genre:
Subject/Description:
(optional) Amazon Link:

CA$HVERTISING
by Drew Eric Whitman
Ad Agency Strategies and long used tactics
Amazon Link: Amazon.com : cashvertising by drew eric whitman

Attachments

• 2023-04-28_2327.png
    2023-04-28_2327.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 1

AdamRyanUK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Apr 7, 2023
One book came to mind which is

Living from a Place of Surrender: The Untethered Soul in Action​

Michael A Singer
Amazon Link

In this book he talks about his life and how he created a sucessful software company whilst providing value to the local community in Florida before going on to write his books. It goes into the spiritual side of things, what led him there and all in all is a very interesting book about providing value. I think it compliments MJ's books well.

CEO of Money

Sedet, aeternumque sedebit
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 20, 2022
Montréal, Canada

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Modern Business Volumes 1-24
Alexander Hamilton Institute
Everything business
If you’re already a businessman and you want to understand the real, deep, esoteric information about how REAL business is done, then read these books.

I have the entire set, printed in 1919. This is just the list of volumes. The whole thing is literally a big box of books.

IMG_4744.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Modern Business Volumes 1-24
Alexander Hamilton Institute
Everything business
If you’re already a businessman and you want to understand the real, deep, esoteric information about how REAL business is done, then read these books.

I have the entire set, printed in 1919. This is just the list of volumes. The whole thing is literally a big box of books.

View attachment 52873
Wow. Have you read the entire series??

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.