The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GOT Fired and hired myself .

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
So I've been on this forum for about 2 years and since i first joined the idea of living life on your own terms , being in control of your financial future and being in control of your life had me invested.

I dove head first into the pool of business knowledge . Reading every book , listening to every podcast, watching every youtube video i could find on entrepreneurship .

I can say that i made sure to apply everything I learned and made sure to execute as best as i could but for the most part I rarely came up with t results i wanted .
(but thats how things go right ?)

I started getting discouraged and getting into self doubt and loathing about a year or so ago .

But thankfully I'm no quitter and i never let it the darkness consume me .

Around this time i decided to quit my well paying job at first to pursue my entrepreneurial journey fully . But as soon as the bills showed up for next month (along with discouraging words from family members) I rushed to find the next job that would hire me .

And THANKFULLY this job was a very bad job . It was a restaurant job that was poorly maintained and managed by kids my age haha . I disliked every moment of it . It was all gossip , constant customer complaints and people treating the job like a hangout spot . Now as a young person it was "fun" to feel like I had a "cool" relaxed job. But as a entrepreneurial minded person who wanted to see the store run the best it could I was about to pull my hair out at the lack of organization and work ethic of the employees .

Needless to say I kept working on my entrepreneurial ventures throughout the whole time . 1. Because the job barely payed enough to keep the lights on and 2. because the job was another sign that i needed to run my own show .

About a week or 2 ago I was fired from this job and i was so excited ! I knew this was my time to really show my stuff and really focus on my business . And this time my own self doubt and relatives wont stand in my way . And so far it's been just what i needed !

I've made enough to pay my bills for this month and today i made about $800 which will go to covering my bills for next month .

Im currently working on focusing on keeping my pipeline full of opportunities . It's been a bit of a struggle keeping myself disciplined but im more happy and feel more free and excited than i ever have felt.

I go through days of uncertainty and feeling like i've made the wrong decision . lack of money sometimes makes me feel less than . Money either goes towards bills or reinvesting into my business . But i understand thats apart of the process .

My first goal is to generate $2k a month consistently and I believe i can achieve this in no time .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
What is your buisness?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
What is your buisness?
^ this please

I got laid off from my dream job and started my self-employment thing, so I definitely appreciate the Chinese concept of crisis having two meanings.

I had 6 months of ui to write my name across the sky or go back to working for assholes. It helped me start selling right away to have that doomsday clock in my face.

What are you going to sell?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
What is your buisness?
Im a music producer . I usually sell beatz online . I've been doing it for about 9-10 years now . I recently started learning exactly how to get paid how i want .

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Music markets it self, if you are ''talented'' then it will sell to the masses.

With the current mainstream music now I don't think its to hard to stand out..

Last edited:

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
The entertainment business is a wild place , Based on politics . Just like any business its not a place made for the weak haha.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Now you don't even need to be talented to be successful in the music industry. If you look up the latest rappers that are popular its total garbage

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Now you don't even need to be talented to be successful in the music industry. If you look up the latest rappers that are popular its total garbage
This is exactly what im talking about . Its based on politics . Art is subjective . Plus you're dealing with people being emotionally attached to a product that effected their lives directly . Old heads never like the kids music , and kids never respect old heads because they dont get it . And you have to deal with all this . Along with egos , cheaters , and artists that believe they are to good to pay and a slue of other nonsense .

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Learn how to game the system, if your music can cater to the youth of today you will go far.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Congrats on getting fired, ha!

My first goal is to generate $2k a month consistently and I believe i can achieve this in no time .

Be sure to differentiate between building a business or just hustling. They both have their place, just make sure you know which one you are working on.

Link us up to something you are working on!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Congrats on getting fired, ha!

Be sure to differentiate between building a business or just hustling. They both have their place, just make sure you know which one you are working on.

Link us up to something you are working on!
And yea I’m motivated to take over the world ! Haha

Thank you for this ! I definitely have to make this distinction .

This is a song i produced ‎100 Mil (feat. BTB) - Single by K.A.M

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
your missing a picture of the lambo holding a gun with stacks of cash

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
but on the real homie naw im saiyan,

The only way you can blowup/get famous is if you start touring and have your own shows.

Call up a venue where they have concerts/small shows and get your own event running, pretty easy.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

The only way you can blowup/get famous is if you start touring and have your own shows.

Call up a venue where they have concerts/small shows and get your own event running, pretty easy.
I appreciate the advice . Even tho I didn’t ask you for it . I got my plan in motion . The sarcasm isn’t needed either . I appreciate ya tho

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
I am no music guy.

You are on this forum. Do not just sinf your own theme...help us...
What can you tell us about music?.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I am no music guy.

You are on this forum. Do not just sinf your own theme...help us...
What can you tell us about music?.
What do you want to know about music ? Im open to questions

Caroleen M

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jul 22, 2018
Sydney, Australia

That's the old way of doing things... with the internet, you no longer need to do open mics gigs or tour... there are a few platforms out there that cater to a market that's hungry for good tunes. (Not to mention that not every music genre is suitable for live performances. Most are, but a few aren't at all.)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
That's the old way of doing things... with the internet, you no longer need to do open mics gigs or tour... there are a few platforms out there that cater to a market that's hungry for good tunes. (Not to mention that not every music genre is suitable for live performances. Most are, but a few aren't at all.)
This is very true ! But its still great to touch the people in real life . People love to connect to the artists

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Ok so heres my journey so far

After my firing I've been making moves .

1. Sold enough beatz to pay bills , survive , and take my first trip out of state
2. Found a few artists that i can build with who have budding movements
3. Have been creating new stuff with different artists face to face
4. Have gotten connects with people in a professional recording studio
5. Am releasing a drum kit (which im still perfecting)
6. Have realsed a instrumental project (which i already sold a beat off of)
7. Have been in conversations with people with actual business and music experience working to set up and operate my LLC. and start working and moving like a actually business
8. Have been building relationships with people and am seeing how beautiful and supportive people are when the love and respect is mutual

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.