The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good day all.

hih

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Nov 8, 2016
Good day all. I just finished the book. It was a bittersweet experience that brought both pain and elation.

Some things I have believed were found to be correct. However, many of the 'solid' beliefs I had previously retained were found to be, well, wrong.

I've had to re-evaluate some key points in my belief system, and I was found wanting in more than a few. I had to take a fresh look at both circumstances and people in my past that I previously had judged, and now realize I was wrong in my determination. It was quite sobering.

I had 3 business ideas I had been considering for the last 3 months, and was in analysis paralysis about which was the best to pursue. The book handily solved the issue for me. BAM. Done. Additionally, even though I was working diligently on building, I now realize almost 80% of my effort was wasted as I was focused on the wrong criteria and priority.

A real wake up call. I'm not as young as some of the others (49), and wish I had read the book earlier. But I'm still very fit, very healthy, and very motivated. I have what I had previously thought was a fairly successful career. I was pretty comfortable, but still realized something was missing. I'd dabbled in the past with businesses, but nothing could come close to my IT Security career, so I never really did it right. But some important puzzle pieces fell nicely into place now, and I'll now be executing on a new road.

That road will be a content forum that will be used to drive sales of an ebook. I still have much to figure out and learn, and I know the currents in the ocean may steer me in unexpected directions, but I'm prepared for that. I have a sound ship, a motivated skipper. And I play chess. :)

Best wishes all. I'll now go back to lurking as I educate myself and start executing on my napkin bullet points.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

speakers4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 7, 2016
Australia
Welcome!

You can't jut introduce yourself and then go back to lurking mate.

Stay in touch, keep us informed. We can help you, and you can help us.

Your learnings will be exponentially faster if you participate in an active community compared to going at it alone.

Mike

hih

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Nov 8, 2016
Welcome!

Your learnings will be exponentially faster if you participate in an active community compared to going at it alone.

Mike

Oh if I have something of value to say, or a question, i won't be shy. But you know the ol' saying, better to remain silent and let others think you a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. :) I'm still in the fool stage, so I'm just listening and learning. :)

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Welcome -I'm at a similar stage in life. Its never to late and your prior experiences can only be of benefit.

Oscar Toro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 27, 2015
Hello and welcome,
Age is just a number, dont let it be a restriction! Use your age as an advantage.
Have a nice day and have a nice journey!.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hi @hih!

A real wake up call. I'm not as young as some of the others (49), and wish I had read the book earlier.
Maybe Gary Vaynerchuk's view on this helps: check his video "6 MINS FOR THE NEXT 60 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE"

It all comes down to...

...how bad do you want it?

I'll now go back to lurking as I educate myself and start executing on my napkin bullet points.
Don't!

Stop reading.

Start doing!

Because you already know enough.

hih

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Nov 8, 2016
Thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I have another question if I may: Does anyone have any experience on the 'INSIDERS forum' and how valuable it is to you? What do you find there that you don't see in the primary forum? Also, are there any significant numbers of 'fastlane ideas' posted? Loved the book and willing to spend the money where there is enough value, but I'd like to hear what others think as well. Thank you!

Schwartz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 22, 2016
United States
Thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I have another question if I may: Does anyone have any experience on the 'INSIDERS forum' and how valuable it is to you? What do you find there that you don't see in the primary forum? Also, are there any significant numbers of 'fastlane ideas' posted? Loved the book and willing to spend the money where there is enough value, but I'd like to hear what others think as well. Thank you!
I find the INSIDERS forum to be very informative there are some really great threads in there with information that would take multiple lifetimes to gather on ones own. Obviously this is just my opinion but I have spent many hours reading through the threads there and have gained a wealth of information. Have a great day.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!

Mike
That's right!
But steer clear of MLM bandwagons or motivational empty-fluff crap!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I find the INSIDERS forum to be very informative there are some really great threads in there with information that would take multiple lifetimes to gather on ones own. Obviously this is just my opinion but I have spent many hours reading through the threads there and have gained a wealth of information. Have a great day.
But I suppose it is better to sign up for the INSIDERS only when our Fastlane machines are roaring. It is more action-focused and fiercer.

Schwartz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 22, 2016
United States
But I suppose it is better to sign up for the INSIDERS only when our Fastlane machines are roaring. It is more action-focused and fiercer.
I agree it is more of an asset to action that is in motion rather than purely browsing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...