The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Golden Nuggets- Tips, processes, & How To's

500million

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Aug 3, 2014
How to make $4500/month - with NO capital.

Put your house/apartment on AirBnB. If you have a studio/1bdrm - post and see if you get reservations. IF you do - crash at the friends place or your parents place for those days.

Use the money you make to fund your new business OR as a deposit for another apartment - that you can also post on AirbNb. Just underprice your place to get the first few reservations - and after you have a few positive reviews you should have no problem with bookings. You can furnish your new apartment with cheap/free furniture from Craigslist.

This will give you extra cash with and asset you already have.

I've had a lot of success with this - full occupancy for my apartments. And am looking to purchase a multi-family unit of 1 bedrooms or bachelors for short term rentals only - you make 2X to 3X more per unit/month this way than you would with long term rentals. Given that the location is desirable for tourists or students.

Make something out of nothing :).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Just another Nugget

So here is another question I get.
How do i know if the product will be successful.

While it was talked about in the 4 hr workweek, some people needed to see it in action.

This is an actual test we ran on a product Idea a friend of mine had. While I said, it may not be worth it, she vehemently disagreed, so I showed her how to run this test, and we did it pretty quick

in the end she saved months of work, for a product that would not have made her enough money.

she ended up focusing on something that would and that's why you test. To kill bad ideas fast.
so you can really work on ones that are truly great.

The Test...
2011-05-19_2157 - xendolphin's library

That's some great stuff! My last two projects took me 6 months, and 8 months, respectively, to complete. All that valuable time wasted! But I learned something after each failure. I refuse to write another line of code before testing my idea.

WeMoE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 21, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
This is great! I did JUST this and it has worked wonders!

I may be just one guy but i can attest to the power of 1.) offering to work for free for someone who you're looking to learn from and 2.) networking to expand your social circle. Both of these provided me with direct contact with a successful rehabber in my local area who took me under his wing and gave me equity in his deals in exchange for working for him. After completing 3 houses with him, I decided I knew enough to take the leap. I finish RE classes next week, will hang my license, have spoken with several private lenders who will lend on my deals and have several fantastic subs to use thanks to another business I recently started.

Just a year ago I was working as a bootcamp instructor, wondering how the hell I was going to make the change towards living the life I wanted. Hah! Amazing what a little action can do.

Zen- 20-50M is a huge number in the residential world. Either my big goals aren't so big or I've just again been reminded that I don't know what I don't know. Would you mind sharing how you would go about accomplishing this?
Good Strategy!

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Ok, So I get alot of questions on how I do some of the things I do.
I am starting this thread mostly for me to dump my brain out every now and then

and to add some of the processes I do, some of the tips, and from time to time HOW TO's

This Is a thread for me to dump stuff, but feel free to Add things. All I ask is that you put it in a process format. so someone could pick it up, understand what it is, and go do it.

This thread is for action takers, who just needs the punch list to go

Over the Years I have come up with mini systems, or micro processes I will be sharing them here.

What happened to him?

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
What happened to him?

@MJ DeMarco - I am not gonna bother with the reasons why, since it's none of my business, BUT: will all the content he shared stay online or be taken down? Still going through some stuff and don't want it to disappear before I finish.

Thanks in advance! :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Casey Sucho

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 20, 2015

Put your house/apartment on AirBnB. If you have a studio/1bdrm - post and see if you get reservations. IF you do - crash at the friends place or your parents place for those days.

Use the money you make to fund your new business OR as a deposit for another apartment - that you can also post on AirbNb. Just underprice your place to get the first few reservations - and after you have a few positive reviews you should have no problem with bookings. You can furnish your new apartment with cheap/free furniture from Craigslist.

I've had a lot of success with this - full occupancy for my apartments. And am looking to purchase a multi-family unit of 1 bedrooms or bachelors for short term rentals only - you make 2X to 3X more per unit/month this way than you would with long term rentals. Given that the location is desirable for tourists or students.

Its an interesting thought on rental property.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Ohhhh No, I only noticed now that his username has been changed.

He really knew his IM/Online Marketing stuff. Wish he would have stayed a little longer.

Oh well, C'est la vie!

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014

I spoke to a man who's wife is a real estate agent and he is a home inspector. It is how they met lol perfect. anyway. They had a house and an upscale type ranch condo thingy they were renting out as a venue. Well they downsized. Put BOTH on air Bandb and the house that was at the time being rented in a standard rent/lease thing was making him about 1k a month in profit. It now makes him 10K IN PROFIT! a MONTH. and the ranch thing with land a horses RENTS FOR THE NIGHT IN THE thousands! he says he won't rent it unless it meets x night requirements and y occupant requirements. He says he has it set up so that it is cleaned easily and the doors are all automated no key to key swap, Just a code to get in and bam it is yours. He says they all have to put up a solid security deposit so there goes really all the land lord burden that comes with your average tenants. He says its about 95% passive income. THE only real gripe is he pays a hotel tax. but still. nice clean income, less land lord burden, and its grosses 150K to 200k in PROFIT a YEAR from TWO locations.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Make sumtin out of notin! Brilliant read...

johanson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 17, 2015
This discussion trick does not work in Google any more.

Any alternative?

Thanks a million.

Not sure if you still need it, but someone might find it useful...

Open google chrome and add this plugin - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...for-go/igjiggoeheaondbmhmilpmbdkpgcjmdn?hl=en

or

go to google and type:

your search term inurl:forum|viewthread|showthread|viewtopic|showtopic|"index.php?topic" | intext:"reading this topic"|"next thread"|"next topic"|"send private message"

Last edited:

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Not sure if you still need it, but someone might find it useful...

Open google chrome and add this plugin - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...for-go/igjiggoeheaondbmhmilpmbdkpgcjmdn?hl=en

or

go to google and type:

your search term inurl:forum|viewthread|showthread|viewtopic|showtopic|"index.php?topic" | intext:"reading this topic"|"next thread"|"next topic"|"send private message"

In addition to that I'd suggest going to Search Tools and go to Any Time and choose the last month. It will help ensure you're picking up the most recent results... and the most pressing problems of people around you.

No.1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 14, 2020
This link doesn't seem to be working any more, any one have an alternative?
If you keep reading you will find out that was some sort of mock website that requested some sort of email from the interested clients.

It's a pretty common way of validation.

You can see a similar way to validate ideas like MARKETING - Just start already.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.