The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gmail vs zoho?

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
This is a question on email providers.

Gmail is the most popular and well known. However I won't be able to get the email address I want with gmail. On top of that I'm not a fan of Google and the shit they pull so if I can avoid supporting them it would make me happy.

Zohomail is not well known and while I use it for my personal email I use it like never. It appears to be well reviewed and seems to have the capabilities I'll need but I really have very little experience with it, or email in general. I will be able to get the email address I want thru them. Additionally supporting a lesser known player. And maybe being seen as more cutting edge/early adopter. Which for the crowd I'm going for will be a plus for my image.

I want to use it as the email provider for the social media driven brand I'm working on but not sure if doing so will hurt me. For example, if people see a hotmail or yahoo based email it throws up red flags, looks scammy and unprofessional, and they tend to avoid it. Since this brand will be social media driven impressions will be hugely important.

Does anyone have any experience with zoho? I welcome advice and feedback as I'm out of my knowledge zone on this matter.

Thanks, puppy

Edit - I want to add I have googled gmail vs zoho and all other relevant terms I could think of. What I'm looking for now is advice from people with experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Buy a domain name, and use gmail to manage your e-mails. Stop being emotional. Its the best / easiest tool out there.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
if people see a hotmail or yahoo based email it throws up red flags, looks scammy and unprofessional, and they tend to avoid it. Since this brand will be social media driven impressions will be hugely important.

If you're serious about branding, get a cheap domain name from namecheap and connect that to a Gmail business account, so your email will be like john@puppy.com.

This is better than john_puppy@gmail.com or john_puppy@zohomail.com. Plus you still get to use Gmail's interface and all of Google drive, docs, sheets etc. In terms of whether Google mail or Zoho will go out of business, I feel safer with Google.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
Thanks guys, gave me the advice I was looking for. Brought up some aspects of branding and where I want to take this that I overlooked. And reminded me that I failed to do the obvious thing, to go look at who's where I want to be or doing what Im doing and see how they handle the email address issue (d'oh)

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
I use Zoho on my sites. You can easily set it up so it uses your custom domain and it’s free.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
Also using Zoho for the free features like linking to my own domain names. Its the greatest free option that you can get, but do not expect the search results that you would get when searching with GMail (that is probably because GMail is Google's, the greatest search engine now available).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rajveer12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 3, 2017
Pune
after-all G-Mail is worlds most popular search engine Google's product so it may affect somewhere. And yes zoho may give you some free services that doesn't mean that must be useful. So genuinely my option is Google.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.