The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting no support or respect from close friends

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
4. Why do you need so much validation from other people?

This was my question too.

You say you need support and respect. Have you ever thought about why?

If you're living your dream and on the right path for you then that's all that should matter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
So after 10 years, it's all come down to today. Since the last time you posted a response, how many blog posts have you posted on your blog LIVE for the world to see?

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Been there. Your friends are shit.

Make new friends that are on your new wavelength.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This was my question too.

You say you need support and respect. Have you ever thought about why?

If you're living your dream and on the right path for you then that's all that should matter.
Yeah but starting out it can for sure have an affect if those you thought were good friends that would be great encouragement are telling you you are rubbish in a passive aggressive way. You do have to get over it though at some point.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Maybe I am not in the right place here either.

You are if you're looking for sound business advice from successful entrepreneurs. You're not if you want us all to get round in a drum circle and tell you how great you are.

MJ De Marco the owner of this forum wrote a book called The Millionaire Fastlane , in it he describes the difference between slowlane and fastlane thinking.

The reason you are getting so much pushback is that you are demonstrating classic slowlane thinking. Spending money you don't really have, trying get rich schemes and "following your passion".

There's nothing wrong with following your passion per se, however you must recognise whether that passion will be a career or a hobby.

P.S. If you want to reply to multiple people in a thread; highlight the statement you want to answer to, then at the bottom of the page hit the insert quotes button, you can then reply to multiple quotes in a single posting.

This is a (very) soft example of how someone else's experience on this forum can benefit you. If I were you, I would mine this forum for nuggets of golden advice, you'll find it to be so much more rewarding than simply seeking validation for your actions.

D

DeletedUser0287

Yeah, as others stated I can definitely see why your friends are not happy for you.

It is pure jealously. I am jealous too just reading this stuff.

"Wow, must be nice to just be given that inheritance money, while the rest of us have to slave away. Better yet, she is rubbing her travels in our face. Am I going to like that post? No way"

Most people have to EARN their way to just live their passion. I can't live my passion or even run my business right now because I lack the cash.

With that being said. If I was in your position, I wouldn't even care. But the dream you are living is going to end once you run out of cash. Dreams aren't FREE

Why are you so hungry for the validation of others?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Am I the only one that googled Sitesell after reading all this

WHAT A WASTE OF INHERITANCE GIRL, WAKE UP OMG
giphy.gif

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Am I the only one that googled Sitesell after reading all this

WHAT A WASTE OF INHERITANCE GIRL, WAKE UP OMG
giphy.gif

I really needed you in my life last year Bella.. ROFL.

Why are ppl still responding to this thread.. the OP specifically said she was giving up on this forum..?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I really needed you in my life last year Bella.. ROFL.

Why are ppl still responding to this thread.. the OP specifically said she was giving up on this forum..?

More like how is this HOT TOPIC, does it sell t-shirts?

HAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
So just to be clear, you have written 24457 characters (give or take)
and gained, learned nothing.

A year and a half ago I quit my job (I had an inheritance to fall back on)
As mentioned above this will run out.

to focus on finding my passion, which ended up being travel writing/blogging and photography. I have never been happier in my life. Whenever I post on Facebook about my travels, none of my close friends like the posts
The issue here isn't that your friends like or dislike the posts, its that you are on Facebook.
facebook. will. not. make. you. money.

Travel agencies are not visiting your page.
People who travel are not visiting your page.
You are using a free platform to post free posts.
You are not making any income from those posts.
You will continue to not make any income from writing on Facebook.
Facebook will not pay you to write articles on their site.
Your friends should not be your bushiness plan.
Your friends will not pay you to read posts written on facebook.

At this point in time here's what you are doing.
#1: not making any money.
#2: wasting time on facebook.
#3 using a quickly depleting inheritance.

whenever I talk about it with them, they act like they dont care.
Probably because they don't.
facebook makes people depressed!
Your friends don't want to see posts about vacations becvause they are't traveling.
and you shouldn't be using your inheritance to travel.
Again, you are depleting your resources wasting them on something that doesn't mater.
Is it fun to travel? YES! does is make money? not unless you can figure out a way to make it pay you.
which it won't on facebook.

One friend who has been practically my best friend for 30 years has still not said a single word...
Again. doesn't matter. if your goal is making money you shouldn't be relying on friends.

Everyone that knows me knows that I have been struggling ..
this is quite literately fluff.

when I finally found it I barely got any comments from my closest friends about it, online and in person.
Do you want comments?
Why do you seek social validation?

Even before my life changed
Are you speaking about your inheritance? if so please be aware your life will change again WHEN it's gone.

working 65 hours a week in a factory and never going anywhere, my friends didn't seem to care about my life.
I'm a say you have sucky a$$ friends. The time frame you know them is irrelivant.
Also you have slow lane friends. They will moan and complain, exactly how you are in this sentance. the question is who comes out on top.. by finding their path>?

or acknowledged anything
FLUFF.

I posted on another forum asking why I am getting more support and respect from acquaintances than from my close friends

and most of them responded with "Nobody likes people who gloat and brag about how awesome their life is and how many places they visit."

Backup.
You posted on another forum, about how when you post things on facebook your friends don't reply/like/click buttons?
Crikey.

allright. well I agree with them.

Your slow-lane friends, are not going to enjoy your slow-lane posts about how you are using your inheritance to travel and post it on facebook. Feel free to ask another forum.

So you would think they would at least acknowledge my recent news and be happy for me now.

No I do not. I expect they would shun you, whisper behind your back, make snide remarks, and NOT be your friend because A: they are terrible friends get some real ones, B: you are in fact posting about your trips and asking for social validation.
What I DO expect is in about 12 month you'll be out of $ if you don't make some changes.
And they will crawl out of the woodwork like the slimy worms they are to wrap you in worm-hugs while you send thoughts and prayers to each other.

But these are my most popular posts.
Social Validation Request

So now what am I supposed to do, never post on FB about my life?!

I'd sugest you get your buttocks off Facebook. it's a social chamber for you to yell your woes into.

Travel writers are supposed to

YOU ARE NOT A TRAVEL WRITER!!!!!
You are someone who is using their inheritance to spend money.
You are writing on Facebook.
Do you want to become a travel writer? get a job doing so.
Find a way where you are making money not spending it.

I feel like my friends don't care at all
Probally because they don't

that I have finally found my purpose, I feel alone in my journey to living my dream life.
Your purpose is spending your inheritance on trips until it depletes?
Cm'on. find somethinfg that really helps you.
Work on a resort. Become a airplane attendant. Do something where you get paid to travel.
Writing on Facebook is doing nothing for you and deep down you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be jumping from forum to forum seeking social validation, kudos and pats on the back.. on your posts for which you seek social validation, kudos and pats on the back.

I need support and respect and I am not getting it from any of my close friends,
Then get new friends.

and I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to stop posting on FB because that is something I need to do for my future career. Any advice?

no it is NOT!!!

Any advice?

Get off facebook.
Find a job that allows you to travel.

For the moment I am living off an inheritance
I'm aware.

I have about another year left til I run out.
but I plan to get a part time job over the winter so I for sure won't have to work next summer, that is when I do all of my traveling.

Seriously just read what you wrote.

I do need to find like minded people, I just don't know where around here. I live in a small town where most people get drunk and do drugs.

Lady, the town I'm in was investigated by the FBI for 5 years for a cult.
There's been meth labs in the city, and I'm surrounded. Read SURROUNDED by pedophiles.
As in each side of the road has one.

Don't give me crap about your situation. Your surrounding area doesn't matter as long as you have
Clean Water
Food
A roof.

You can figure things out.
There is a handless man who makes bikes.
The question is do you want to?

Well it doesn't suddenly matter, it has always mattered, but I guess my point is that friends are supposed to support you and now that I found out they don't, it's a harsh reality I have to accept. These are people I have known anywhere from 3-30 years so it's just shocking that they can't even give me a quick "That's awesome!"

a quick "That's awesome!"doesn't make you money.
I don't care how long you knew these people. it's time to move on.

You then go on about personal details..

Yeah, I've joined a few travel blogging groups so hopefully I can network with some people in there!
on FACEBOOK?!?

so everyone there is "my tribe" (hippies, basically, lol)

That's racist.

I guess to answer your questions, my criteria would be knowing someone for at least a few years,
You are how old already?
You want to know someone for years and years.. then what. buy a domain name?
Lady please find something else.

The confusing thing is though that all of my friends talk about how awesome their jobs are

social validation request

They also post stuff all over FB about their vacations and good news, so that part confuses me, how can they expect me to like their posts but they don't like mine when they are so similar.

Because it's a social validation request

I have never been jealous (in a bad way) of other people's success.
To me, those posts are inspiring and give me ideas for how I want my life to look. In fact I started following travelers and bloggers long before I even had a camper, about ten years before. It helped me dream and create the life I wanted. But I can see where someone would get jealous in a bad way if they are unable to change their life.

This is a great viewpoint.

I am not currently making money from travel writing
Again. it's on facebook?

I do have a website that wants me to write for them and I'm doing research and compiling a huge list of magazines and websites that I can pitch to.
NOW we're talking.
no fluff. no My friends think this, I want this My friends that rah-rah..
These are the details that matter. If you can find magazines that you can pitch to that's great.
but it should be on THEIR DIME.

also started taking a travel blogging course
HOLD UP. Full stop.
are are not spending your inheritance on some schemers online courses are you ?
Why would you pay someone to show you how to travel? I thought YOU wanted to be the writer here!?

ut as far as an income, I do plan to get a part-time job in a few weeks so that I'm not burning through my remaining money so quickly, and that will allow me to take next summer off again and do more traveling. I am required to take out about $5000 a year from the inherited IRA, so that helps, and having $300 rent helps, no mortgage payment, no car payment, etc. My
Here it's like your brain turned on and started to process what was going on, but didn't have enough fuel and stuttered to social media hypnosis again.

You. Need. To. Stop. Traveling. Using. Your. Inheritance. Money. So. You. Can. Survive.

I have told my friends I am going to be a travel writer, I posted about it on FB many times
On facebook. On facebook. On facebook. On facebook.

I want you to get a tattoo that says
Faacebook doesn't make you money.

and my best friend still has never liked any of my posts about it

He does nothing but sit on FB all day when he's at work though so maybe he would rather make easy money than write for it, lol
And then the pot called the kettle black

Last year I invested a lot of money in Inbox Blueprint by Anik Singal,

You are a moron.

I have a very simple philosophy.
If I can't fully understand WTF is being sold in 2 mins, I want nothing to do with it.
Their website is so confusing I had to do extra searching to figure out what it is.

Oh. it's a marketing campaign you pay for.
You are wasting your money.

i'm sure some people in here know about him and that program.

Nope. never heard of him. That in itself should be a red flag. This forum you are on is full of poeple who are actually successful in life.

Wanna know how many of those people push email marketing campaigns you pay for to send out emails to other people with products you pay for that you gain commission on if you pay?
Preeeeety sure the number is pretty low.

Because that's a scum setup.

Well turns out I am not cut out for affiliate marketing.
Well it turns out you wasted your money.

Then I invested a lot of money in Sitesell where you create a website based on your passion,

WILL YOU QUIT SIGNING UP FOR THIS SHIT?!!?!?!?!?

they are proven to be some of the most successful websites out there.
aGAIN. nEVER hEARD oF thEm.

Starting to feel like monika from DokiDoki literature club over here.

I didn't know what my passion was at the time, I thought it was holistic health
I refuse to look that up.

But then I found out Google doesn't give you traffic to your website if it's about health and you have no credentials.
Something you should have known before. Also there is a reason for that.

Another costly mistake.
Quit signing up for stuff.

So I spent my time camping and taking pictures and sharing my travels on FB.
Facebook Facebook Facebook..

That's when I realized that I was already doing what I wanted to do, and got an email from one of the biggest travel writing businesses

about a workshop that teaches you how to earn money traveling and taking pictures. Ah-ha moment!

uuuhhhhh... no. I'm starting to think this is a Uh-Oh ''another costly mistake''

The workshop was just 2 weeks ago, and I realized I also wanted to start a blog
so I signed up for a travel blogging course too, which I just started 1 week ago. This is all a new development, that is why I don't have a blog yet.

Again. Off Facebook right!?
Again. you are NOT PAYING for this course right?
Again this is something YOU are being PAID FOR right?

But I have about 10 articles written, ready to go when I get it created.
Well that's good! Maybe you should look into creating a medium blog.

It's free, you don't pay for it and they actually pay you if you get good views.And I have read Unscripted , which did help me get motivated to pursue my passion. Haven't read Millionaire Fastlane yet but it's on my list,

And I have read Unscripted , which did help me get motivated to pursue my passion. Haven't read Millionaire Fastlane yet but it's on my list, I have about 200 books I haven't finished reading and now I have to get this blog going so I might get to it, I might not.
Lady you read that book right now. There is nothing more you need in this life aside from stop spending your inheritance on garbage courses.

If for some reason I can't afford my measly $300 lot rent where I am living now, I have a plan B which is to live on a farm for free in exchange for working there.

I'm legit staring at my coffee trying to think of situations in which a older woman would be useful on a farm. Maybe make a plan C.

As for Anik Singal's program and Sitesell, they are not scams or gurus, I personally know success stories from both of them.

Yeah they are. I bet you your sucess stories come from A: facebook or B: paid actors.

They didn't work FOR ME only because I realized I didn't like affiliate marketing, but since I paid for it, I have access to it for life along with all the courses included.

I also have access to a email address for life.

That is why I called it an investment because I learned a lot.
I think you learned how to waste money.

As for Sitesell, it is a fact that you will not have a successful health-related website unless you have the credentials to back up your information.

Sitesell has the statistics to prove that hundreds of their users' sites rank in the top 0.5% of all websites.

My website is still live, but when I have to renew my hosting
lady if it's not a .com don't

I love Sitesell and want to keep going through them.

...m.. there can be somthign to be said for a easy to use platform. But somehting like Strikingly might be beter for you. Easy to use, you can transfer a domain and they don't lock you out of things like sitesell does.

I might throw a focus on photography, nature, health, spirituality, and/or food since those are my other interests. I will work all this out in the course.

*sound of head banging against desk*

Closing notes:
It's obvious you are passionate about traveling.
If you want to make money doing so, you need to find a company who will pay you to do it. You don't have the focous to do it yourself, and you are extremely scatterbrained. You are also extremely perceptive to online scams. So at this point I'm going to recommend the following.

#1: close your facebook account.

#2 start looking for employment in a area where you travel. You could be a cleaning lady at a resort. You could be a ticketing agent at a airport. There are many ways in which you can have a company pay to have you travel you simply need to find them.

3: this scaterbrained shotgun spray approach to things won't help you.
You need to pick one thing and focus on it... is what I tell most people. in your case however you are so susceptable to online scams, if someone said ''Hey the secret to making money is bathe in battery acid, pay me $6000'' you would most likley do it! The good news is you'd never burn yourself you would simply realize how heavy the containers of acid are, shrug your sholders then complain on Facebook that ''it was too hard, what a good learning experience''

In reality you might always be slow-lane.
If you want to change this, you need to drop your lame a$$ friends.
You need to stop sucking your inheritance because like a bottle of milk it will run dry. And you're running around leaving cups of milk everywhere.

You need direction is what you need.
You need a job that allows you to live better.
and you honestly.. truly..
Need to get the fudge off of Facebook.

Best of luck.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

to focus on finding my passion, which ended up being travel writing/blogging and photography. I have never been happier in my life. Whenever I post on Facebook about my travels, none of my close friends like the posts
The issue here isn't that your friends like or dislike the posts, its that you are on Facebook.

Your friends don't want to see posts about vacations becvause they are't traveling.
Again, you are depleting your resources wasting them on something that doesn't mater.
Is it fun to travel? YES! does is make money? not unless you can figure out a way to make it pay you.

One friend who has been practically my best friend for 30 years has still not said a single word...
Again. doesn't matter. if your goal is making money you shouldn't be relying on friends.

when I finally found it I barely got any comments from my closest friends about it, online and in person.
Do you want comments?

Are you speaking about your inheritance? if so please be aware your life will change again WHEN it's gone.

working 65 hours a week in a factory and never going anywhere, my friends didn't seem to care about my life.
I'm a say you have sucky a$$ friends. The time frame you know them is irrelivant.
Also you have slow lane friends. They will moan and complain, exactly how you are in this sentance. the question is who comes out on top.. by finding their path>?

or acknowledged anything
FLUFF.

I posted on another forum asking why I am getting more support and respect from acquaintances than from my close friends

and most of them responded with "Nobody likes people who gloat and brag about how awesome their life is and how many places they visit."

Backup.
You posted on another forum, about how when you post things on facebook your friends don't reply/like/click buttons?
Crikey.

Your slow-lane friends, are not going to enjoy your slow-lane posts about how you are using your inheritance to travel and post it on facebook. Feel free to ask another forum.

So you would think they would at least acknowledge my recent news and be happy for me now.

No I do not. I expect they would shun you, whisper behind your back, make snide remarks, and NOT be your friend because A: they are terrible friends get some real ones, B: you are in fact posting about your trips and asking for social validation.
What I DO expect is in about 12 month you'll be out of $ if you don't make some changes.
And they will crawl out of the woodwork like the slimy worms they are to wrap you in worm-hugs while you send thoughts and prayers to each other.

I'd sugest you get your buttocks off Facebook. it's a social chamber for you to yell your woes into.

that I have finally found my purpose, I feel alone in my journey to living my dream life.
Work on a resort. Become a airplane attendant. Do something where you get paid to travel.
Writing on Facebook is doing nothing for you and deep down you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be jumping from forum to forum seeking social validation, kudos and pats on the back.. on your posts for which you seek social validation, kudos and pats on the back.

I need support and respect and I am not getting it from any of my close friends,
Then get new friends.

and I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to stop posting on FB because that is something I need to do for my future career. Any advice?

no it is NOT!!!

Any advice?

Get off facebook.

I'm aware.

but I plan to get a part time job over the winter so I for sure won't have to work next summer, that is when I do all of my traveling.

I do need to find like minded people, I just don't know where around here. I live in a small town where most people get drunk and do drugs.

There's been meth labs in the city, and I'm surrounded. Read SURROUNDED by pedophiles.

Don't give me crap about your situation. Your surrounding area doesn't matter as long as you have
Clean Water
Food
A roof.

Well it doesn't suddenly matter, it has always mattered, but I guess my point is that friends are supposed to support you and now that I found out they don't, it's a harsh reality I have to accept. These are people I have known anywhere from 3-30 years so it's just shocking that they can't even give me a quick "That's awesome!"

Yeah, I've joined a few travel blogging groups so hopefully I can network with some people in there!
on FACEBOOK?!?

That's racist.

I guess to answer your questions, my criteria would be knowing someone for at least a few years,
You are how old already?

The confusing thing is though that all of my friends talk about how awesome their jobs are

They also post stuff all over FB about their vacations and good news, so that part confuses me, how can they expect me to like their posts but they don't like mine when they are so similar.

To me, those posts are inspiring and give me ideas for how I want my life to look. In fact I started following travelers and bloggers long before I even had a camper, about ten years before. It helped me dream and create the life I wanted. But I can see where someone would get jealous in a bad way if they are unable to change their life.

Again. it's on facebook?

I do have a website that wants me to write for them and I'm doing research and compiling a huge list of magazines and websites that I can pitch to.
NOW we're talking.
These are the details that matter. If you can find magazines that you can pitch to that's great.

HOLD UP. Full stop.
Why would you pay someone to show you how to travel? I thought YOU wanted to be the writer here!?

ut as far as an income, I do plan to get a part-time job in a few weeks so that I'm not burning through my remaining money so quickly, and that will allow me to take next summer off again and do more traveling. I am required to take out about $5000 a year from the inherited IRA, so that helps, and having $300 rent helps, no mortgage payment, no car payment, etc. My
Here it's like your brain turned on and started to process what was going on, but didn't have enough fuel and stuttered to social media hypnosis again.

You. Need. To. Stop. Traveling. Using. Your. Inheritance. Money. So. You. Can. Survive.

I have told my friends I am going to be a travel writer, I posted about it on FB many times

He does nothing but sit on FB all day when he's at work though so maybe he would rather make easy money than write for it, lol

You are a moron.

If I can't fully understand WTF is being sold in 2 mins, I want nothing to do with it.
Their website is so confusing I had to do extra searching to figure out what it is.

Nope. never heard of him. That in itself should be a red flag. This forum you are on is full of poeple who are actually successful in life.

Wanna know how many of those people push email marketing campaigns you pay for to send out emails to other people with products you pay for that you gain commission on if you pay?

Then I invested a lot of money in Sitesell where you create a website based on your passion,

But then I found out Google doesn't give you traffic to your website if it's about health and you have no credentials.

Another costly mistake.

That's when I realized that I was already doing what I wanted to do, and got an email from one of the biggest travel writing businesses

about a workshop that teaches you how to earn money traveling and taking pictures. Ah-ha moment!

uuuhhhhh... no. I'm starting to think this is a Uh-Oh ''another costly mistake''

so I signed up for a travel blogging course too, which I just started 1 week ago. This is all a new development, that is why I don't have a blog yet.

It's free, you don't pay for it and they actually pay you if you get good views.And I have read Unscripted , which did help me get motivated to pursue my passion. Haven't read Millionaire Fastlane yet but it's on my list,

And I have read Unscripted , which did help me get motivated to pursue my passion. Haven't read Millionaire Fastlane yet but it's on my list, I have about 200 books I haven't finished reading and now I have to get this blog going so I might get to it, I might not.
Lady you read that book right now. There is nothing more you need in this life aside from stop spending your inheritance on garbage courses.

If for some reason I can't afford my measly $300 lot rent where I am living now, I have a plan B which is to live on a farm for free in exchange for working there.
I'm legit staring at my coffee trying to think of situations in which a older woman would be useful on a farm. Maybe make a plan C.

As for Anik Singal's program and Sitesell, they are not scams or gurus, I personally know success stories from both of them.

Yeah they are. I bet you your sucess stories come from A: facebook or B: paid actors.

They didn't work FOR ME only because I realized I didn't like affiliate marketing, but since I paid for it, I have access to it for life along with all the courses included.

As for Sitesell, it is a fact that you will not have a successful health-related website unless you have the credentials to back up your information.

Sitesell has the statistics to prove that hundreds of their users' sites rank in the top 0.5% of all websites.

...m.. there can be somthign to be said for a easy to use platform. But somehting like Strikingly might be beter for you. Easy to use, you can transfer a domain and they don't lock you out of things like sitesell does.

I might throw a focus on photography, nature, health, spirituality, and/or food since those are my other interests. I will work all this out in the course.

Closing notes:
If you want to make money doing so, you need to find a company who will pay you to do it. You don't have the focous to do it yourself, and you are extremely scatterbrained. You are also extremely perceptive to online scams. So at this point I'm going to recommend the following.

#2 start looking for employment in a area where you travel. You could be a cleaning lady at a resort. You could be a ticketing agent at a airport. There are many ways in which you can have a company pay to have you travel you simply need to find them.

You need to pick one thing and focus on it... is what I tell most people. in your case however you are so susceptable to online scams, if someone said ''Hey the secret to making money is bathe in battery acid, pay me $6000'' you would most likley do it! The good news is you'd never burn yourself you would simply realize how heavy the containers of acid are, shrug your sholders then complain on Facebook that ''it was too hard, what a good learning experience''

You need to stop sucking your inheritance because like a bottle of milk it will run dry. And you're running around leaving cups of milk everywhere.

Best of luck.

Holy crap a doodle. Dude. That was an epic post. I mean, a total waste of time cuz she’s not even on the forum anymore but.. so funny! Lmao. I love how you write!!

DUDE! I want you on my list of friends. You’re funny as hell!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Do you want comments?

or acknowledged anything
FLUFF.

Backup.
Crikey.

Then get new friends.

no it is NOT!!!

Any advice?

Get off facebook.

I'm aware.

Clean Water
Food
A roof.

on FACEBOOK?!?

That's racist.

You are how old already?

Again. it's on facebook?

NOW we're talking.

HOLD UP. Full stop.

You are a moron.

Another costly mistake.

Closing notes:

Best of luck.

@MTEE1985 best rant of the year goes to THIS guy. “Handless man who makes bikes.” I’m still giggling.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's always funny to see people come here asking for advice, but really wanting to hear confirmation that their website, business, etc... is great. Then when they get a dose of hard truths, they blame the forum and its people and never come back.

I can't imagine any of these people running a business. I mean what happens when you get that first 1 star review? You need to be able to take criticism or you will never make it in the business world.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
It's always funny to see people come here asking for advice, but really wanting to hear confirmation that their website, business, etc... is great. Then when they get a dose of hard truths, they blame the forum and its people and never come back.

I can't imagine any of these people running a business. I mean what happens when you get that first 1 star review? You need to be able to take criticism or you will never make it in the business world.

I think we've seen what happens when some people get a 1 star review. :rofl:

We have had a few low scores in my washer & dryer business and I'm just dumbfounded about it. Everyone says they love my sales lady and the guy that fixes the machines is never seen so that leaves me. I have an average of 3.5 stars for being on time.... I've never been 1 minute late. I guess they hate it when I'm 5-10 minutes early. I go out of my way to be nice, I hook them up sometimes even if people don't pay for the hook up. I talk to their kids, pet their dog and try not to stare at their boobs.... what the hell else do they want? I try to be as nice as I can for most people on reviews. As for being a buyer.... I never go by the reviews. If they have a few people that said they were a good service or product, that means it's good. Most people nowadays can't be pleased.

By the way, now I gotta go back and read that rant above. It looked a mile and a half long so I skipped it but apparently it was good. :)

About the OP..... I bet there still isn't 1 blog post anywhere on the internet. OP must be a cereal blogger..... writes posts with the letters in his/her cereal and then eats it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Surprised that such a thread would get Hot.

Last year I invested a lot of money in Inbox Blueprint by Anik Singal, i'm sure some people in here know about him and that program. Well turns out I am not cut out for affiliate marketing.
I don't think email is only for affiliate marketing.

But yes, if your market is aimed at folks who are truly serious about your business' content and offer, email is a good channel to use.

Which is to say that not only do you have to send them relevant content and offers, but also weed out as much useless customers as possible, i.e. cheapster divers, complainers and online course buyer junkies.

Writing emails for Upwork clients had me realising that, and even Ben Settle himself discussed that many times in his emails (studying them alone is a great lesson, and his emails are quite versatile to re-purpose to different industries and story angles).

I spotted Anik's vids and courses some time ago, but what made me uncomfortable was the lack of a value-driven angle in the course outline and sales page.

He merely talked about 'escaping the 9-5 and get moolah quick and easy'.

If he had touched on common mistakes of email marketers, such as 'doing swipe files wrong', 'doing market research wrong' or 'segmentation is lacking', and outlined SOLUTIONS to help mend up these sub-skills in the course material, then I would buy.

A great example of an email marketing guru who promotes his course on his sales page in such a way might be Andre Chaperon. His course content is a huge train, pretty much full-blown strategies, but very well thought-of, and elaborate.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

Exactly. IDK if this person realizes the immense value you created in this reply, but good God man, I love you after reading this.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Holy crap a doodle. Dude. That was an epic post. I mean, a total waste of time cuz she’s not even on the forum anymore but.. so funny! Lmao. I love how you write!!

DUDE! I want you on my list of friends. You’re funny as hell!

Me too. My thoughts exactly.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City

Do you want comments?

or acknowledged anything
FLUFF.

Backup.
Crikey.

Then get new friends.

no it is NOT!!!

Any advice?

Get off facebook.

I'm aware.

Clean Water
Food
A roof.

on FACEBOOK?!?

That's racist.

You are how old already?

Again. it's on facebook?

NOW we're talking.

HOLD UP. Full stop.

You are a moron.

Another costly mistake.

Closing notes:

Best of luck.
This needs to be a weekly podcast....
"What Were You Thinking with Active Employ"
Join us each week as we serve a dose of reality to an action-faking scatterbrained wantrpreneur in desperate need of frank and honest pummeling.

*All pummeling occurs with courtesy and loving kindness

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This needs to be a weekly podcast....
View attachment 28089
"What Were You Thinking with Active Employ"
Join us each week as we serve a dose of reality to an action-faking scatterbrained wantrpreneur in desperate need of frank and honest pummeling.

*All pummeling occurs with courtesy and loving kindness

I’m now HOWLING with laughter!

YAS! I mean.. the precision! It’s a work of art! This guy gave so much love to this poor chick who will most likely never be on the forum again but we are benefitting!

Poor @active employ we are gonna tag the hell out of you every time a newbie starts making a case for a poor argument. Hahaha!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.