The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get a PhD in behaviorial economics in less than 8 minutes...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

Deleted49964

Really enjoying this new material @MJ DeMarco

I noticed the comments on your older videos... It seemed that a lot of people were hinting ways on how you could improve your Youtube content.
Nowadays, we can see that people are enjoying it more and more. Here's the 3 As doing their magic, eh?

I think you should have massive success on Youtube, since nearly everyone on the entrepreneurship market gives typical guru advice.
There is tons of misinformation out there that doesn't even come close to a proper Fastlane advice...

Keep it up!

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Hey MJ Im loving the new videos, they're great quality and that cartoon version of yourself is hilarious!!!

Im actually very excited to see new videos from you, as I was a fan of the old ones on your channel with a few of them downloaded onto my phone to listen to in the car from time to time.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Great video! It would be even better if the typo is fixed ;)

Untitled.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I'm working on exactly this in my business now.

I've created a unique, brandable guarantee in an industry that largely doesn't guarantee it's work. We have a system that reduces friction for switching to us, we've got a technology that makes client communication easier, I've made my agreement simpler than the competition, and it's all going in a highly professional, personalized folder.

This helps increase leads, conversions, and margins.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

keith4444

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 13, 2018
UK
Love this new video episode @MJ DeMarco is there any chance you can maybe email out when you release a new video? I missed this one until today.
Thanks for making it

Keith

fortu1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 24, 2017
Mileto VV Italy
Love this new video episode @MJ DeMarco is there any chance you can maybe email out when you release a new video? I missed this one until today.
Thanks for making it

Keith

subscribe the youtube channel of MJ and you receive a notification when a new video is released

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Is value skewing creating 1-3 USPs and then creating another 3 USPs? (unique selling propositions)

I wonder what 6 USP I could create that people would value for my digital product funnel.

I was thinking about creating a unique character (mascot) and having him be the face of the brand sort of speak.

Not sure what other USPs I could come up with.

It would be great if there was a thread with like 100 or 1000 different examples of USPs /Value Skews to help people get their creative juices going.

Thanks for the upload.

----------------------------

Never mind, I know what to do - just re-watched the video.

Research the industry, find all the attributes offered, choose 6 that you can skew, then let your audience know about your skewed value offering.

From around 4:50 in the video.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is value skewing creating 1-3 USPs and then creating another 3 USPs? (unique selling propositions)

No, but a USP is the primary value skew.

A value skew can be anything that might compel a buyer sale, from as simple to a nice label on your product to a unique ingredient.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands

I wonder what 6 USP I could create that people would value for my digital product funnel.

I was thinking about creating a unique character (mascot) and having him be the face of the brand sort of speak.

Not sure what other USPs I could come up with.

It would be great if there was a thread with like 100 or 1000 different examples of USPs /Value Skews to help people get their creative juices going.

Thanks for the upload.

----------------------------

Never mind, I know what to do - just re-watched the video.

Research the industry, find all the attributes offered, choose 6 that you can skew, then let your audience know about your skewed value offering.

From around 4:50 in the video.
: very interesting thread if I research a industry should I also check out 6 competitors and should I just research the industry through a quick google search or another platform thankyou very much

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
: very interesting thread if I research a industry should I also check out 6 competitors and should I just research the industry through a quick google search or another platform thankyou very much

Hey,

I'm not sure tbh. But you need to figure out what things compel customers in your niche/industry to buy.

It could be; branding, payment terms/options, delivery options, customer service, guarantee, color/size selections, customization, price, trust factor, social proof, quality or maybe some other things.

You need to research that and figure it out.

Maybe these resources will be of more help to you:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-I6POQOCXg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZSGQW0UMI

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Hey,

I'm not sure tbh. But you need to figure out what things compel customers in your niche/industry to buy.

It could be; branding, payment terms/options, delivery options, customer service, guarantee, color/size selections, customization, price, trust factor, social proof, quality or maybe some other things.

Yo Thankyou man have a nice day

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Takeaway from the video:

List out the entire value array and consciously choose which areas to focus on.

My approach has been more haphazard, skewing value wherever I see fit... but I've never sat down and mapped it out.

I remember reading about this process in Blue Ocean Strategy as well as @100k shared above.

It's time to take a good look at where I stand with competitors, and see what opportunity we have for making new value skews.

drmattolesiak

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 18, 2019
New Jersey
So I read both books & watched both videos...maybe someone in this forum could help me see something I don't.

I own/operate 2 agencies...one of them is a medical marketing agency and I'm a physician that's also heavily trained in SEO....our tagline is "Digital Marketing Built By Doctors, For Doctors"...so we have a leg up there automatically on other agencies because not only do I "speak" medicine but I can SEO the pants off it in any specialty.

We also have a proprietary tech that triangulates satellites & big data so we can advertise to prospective patients while they sit in our client's direct competitors locations via hyper-mobile targeting. It converts like wildfire.

Despite those two differentiating factors along with a killer website, out-bound email/phone/linkedin lead gen running around the clock, we have trouble keeping the pipeline full sometimes and thus, don't have as many clients as I thought we would.

I am open to any and all ideas!

Thanks guys
-Matt

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Hey,

thanks Man still have some struggle with the value skew method lets say
Should I also check 7 competitors or just 1 of them is enough because word of mouth will spread when that skew is made all the best

TheRedShaman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Nov 17, 2019

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 3, 2018
Great videos. I have to watch them often to really hammer the most important points home.

So basically that means you can build a successful company in any industry, even those where the competition is the greatest. You just have to find enough value skews and then communicate them well to potential customers.

Is that about right?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great videos. I have to watch them often to really hammer the most important points home.

So basically that means you can build a successful company in any industry, even those where the competition is the greatest. You just have to find enough value skews and then communicate them well to potential customers.

Is that about right?

Yes.

Two parts to the equation:

1) Value Skew
2) Communicate

Buyers who have a preference toward those value skews (and see them) will be compelled to buy from you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.