The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Due to hijacking another thread I decided to create my own thread.

This thread is for every one who is interested on taking Gary Halbert 30 day challenge to be a world class copywriter. The intention is to follow gary halberts way to the letter without deviation, and, to keep each other motivated. If you are in on this holla out in the thread to let me know you are here. Just say, "I'm in" :)

Feel free check in periodically to ask questions, participate, motivate and, make others accountable including myself.

If you dont know already, we are starting from Gary's premise that anyone can be a good copywriter in 30 days.Read Link Below:
http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/Newsletters/zfkj_hands_on_experience.htm

Here are the newsletter back issues and boron letters that you will need that is spoken of in above link.
http://www.trafficplusconversion.com/1345/gary-halbert-letter/

Here are the ads that gary halbert mentions that you will need from first link.
http://theryanmcgrath.com/2010/04/gary-halberts-favorite-ads/

NOTE: When you buy TESTED ADVERTISING METHODS by John Caples buy the 4th edition or earlier.
NOTE: When you buy 7 Steps To Freedom by Ben Suarez buy the 1st edition (if you can find it)
NOTE: When you buy The Robert Collier Letter Book by Robert Collier DO NOT buy KINDLE VERSION(its crap). You can buy the authentic 1937 version of the book from the heirs of Robert Collier: http://www.robertcollierpublications.com/page/by-robert-collier#letters
Disclaimer: I haven't purchased from their site I cant give you any purchase feedback.

Anyway, Lets try to do this as if he was over our shoulder. In case you dont know who Gary Halbert was, he was universally recognized as a legend in the world of copywriting. Gary died in 2007 RIP.

P.S. Do you mind if I call us "The Unofficial Disciples Of The Gary Halbert Way" , (TUDOG< for short :) )? Lets keep the torch lit!!!

UPDATE: A late addition: I am not sure if it should be a part of this challenge so I am going to leave it OPTIONAL at your discretion. Here is Boron Letters 2.0 written by Gary's son. I dont have all the details, but, you are free to take a look at the link below.
http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/1FOTGHLFramesetBoron20.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Damn this is dope. Mad respect to you for setting this up. I wish somebody held my hand along the way like this when I was trying to figure this stuff out.

I doubt you guys will need me for this, but holler if you need any help.

Last edited:

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
Im in! :)

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Is anyone reading in chronological order just like it was written in the letter? I am starting with the first book scientific advertising and then on down the list. Maybe a bit too militant for some, but, thats how I am doing it :)

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Lets go. *Pushes chips forward.* All in.

And lets also understand the deep reason why we're doing this. @IceCreamKid said in this thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-changed-how-i-view-the-world.49457/

It helps you create better products, find needs/solutions to those needs, and overcome objections. It has also impacted how I speak with others and how I handle personal situations. Powerful stuff. I think the most unusual impact it has had is that I no longer care about making money as much as wanting to solve the pains of business owners.

Learning to write copy has given me the confidence to pick up the phone and start reaching out to people. Face to face. No more hiding behind the safety of a computer.

EDIT: TUDOG sounds dope as f***

Last edited by a moderator:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Lets go. *Pushes chips forward.* All in.

And lets also understand the deep reason why we're doing this. @IceCreamKid said in this thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-changed-how-i-view-the-world.49457/

My brother Dave, thank you for posting this. Sometimes I feel like a dude can't get any friggin credit out here because everyone's so focused on their own gig hahah get the ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
Is anyone reading in chronological order just like it was written in the letter? I am starting with the first book scientific advertising and then on down the list. Maybe a bit too militant for some, but, thats how I am doing it :)

Yeah I will be reading that order! Wow, was alot of books, will take some time to plow thru that ;).

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I'm in. I think it'd be fun to learn a little more about copywriting.

I don't know how much I'll get through in 30 days with two toddlers in the house, but I'll definitely participate in the group and get through what I can.

I'll start with Scientific Advertising. :)

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Ok this will be cool to start February 1st. if Im being honest I dont know if I can hack it as it does seem like a daunting task especially as I am trying to grow my business and put 10-12 hours a day there.

But whats wrong in taking 90 days, if I can learn to be a good copywriter in 90 days Ill take that as well, either way Ill start on 2-1-14 and see what happens :)

Nebojsa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Dec 1, 2013
I'm in. Starting off with Cash Advertising.

Never ever finished a 30day challenge. But it's good motivation that I can sneak in and watch other's progress. Thank oldfool.

AlexanderV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Dec 3, 2013
Ontario
As I mentionned in the other thread, I am doing the challenge. But I haven't put a time constraint on myself and for me the challenge is actually to do everything Gary Halbert recommends. It takes me at least two weeks to read a book so I estimate it will take me about a year to complete. Good luck everyone!

Ardú

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jan 27, 2014
I'm in.

I read Scientific Advertising after I saw your original post earlier today. Its short, but full of gems. I'm looking forward to gleaming some insight from the other books on Gary's list.

Last edited:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
what do you mean?

https://www.dropbox.com/

Its a program that lets you drag and drop pictures, documents, and practically any file to an online cloud. It's really simple to use. The free service includes 2gb of online storage. the concept is, access your files from any computer. Plus share a folder/files with multiple people.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I'm in, maybe a skype chat group would be nice. Pm me with skype nickname or e-mail and I'll add to the group

I'll start with cashvertising and then Boron Letters

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
I'm in too. The accountability factor in a working group environment appeals to me. Thanks ! Surely we all need to be starting on the same book folks in order to have definitive results as members of the group ? Easier to compare notes and to help each other?

Last edited:

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I'm in.

Was anyone able to find the following books?

-"Tested Advertising Methods" 4TH edition...I only found 5TH.

-"7 steps to freedom" I only found the second one. Can't find the 1st edition.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I'm in.

I wasn't, but to be honest, I didn't look super hard. Figured I'd read the others first.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'm in.

check abebooks and alibris maybe http://www.alibris.com/Tested-Advertising-Methods-4th-Edition-John-Caples/book/23806714

Truth is you may not find the first one of 7 steps, so, you might have to get ii.

p.s. cashvertising isnt on the halbert list. i'd advise to read my first link and come back to cashvertising when you mastered this. You guys doing your own program,lol.

Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
https://www.dropbox.com/

Its a program that lets you drag and drop pictures, documents, and practically any file to an online cloud. It's really simple to use. The free service includes 2gb of online storage. the concept is, access your files from any computer. Plus share a folder/files with multiple people.

i mean i know what dropbox is but how is it relevant in this discussion. Do you have some pdfs to share is what you're getting at?

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
I'm In. I've already been reading a lot on Gary's site after the epic Ice Cream thread.

Is this a go at your own pace kind of thing?

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'm In. I've already been reading a lot on Gary's site after the epic Ice Cream thread.

Is this a go at your own pace kind of thing?

If you must...maybe you can lead for the next batch.

I myself am going to shoot for the 30 days with others, but, it is just our ambition. I dont want to curse it :)

Anyways, there are a couple of people who mention going at their own pace, and, as you see a couple of people who are deviators of the whole program(uh oh). Anywho, just get in where you fit in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.