The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur: how did you do it?

Anything related to matters of the mind

brief

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys,

how did you transfer from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur (full-time)? How did your road look like?

Greetz!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
I'm still in the process. But pretty much by sheer force. Just start. It took me a lot of energy to make that first cold call. But you just need to make that "salto mortale" and get on with it. No secret sauce over here...

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Help people. Not with motivational posts on Instagram, but with some problem or frustration in their lives. If you can't help people in a practical way, you need to develop a skill.

EDIT: I misread the thread. Apologies for that.

My first teaching business I just started advertising locally, and built it up a few people at a time. Really simple stuff, flyers in peoples houses, posters around. I got more students, could afford better flyers. Got more students, outsourced flyers. At one point I had a company delivering 20,000 per month.

Eventually I maxed out my teaching time, put my prices up, switched business models, moved from running it out of my Dad's living room to a rented room, started having more people in a room per class and made a pretty crazy amount per hour.

Then I got stressed out with it.

I ended up torpedoing that business rather than take it to the next level, for a mixture of reasons.

Now I'm working on rebuilding an online version that can scale better and solve some of the problems I had with the off-line teaching. I launched a teaching site a couple of months ago, panicked, refunded people and cancelled the launch lol. Re-launching a new site next week.

Try, shoot myself in the foot, and try again.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Help people. Not with motivational posts on Instagram

But that's a start for someone who has never helped anyone.

At some point you gotta get your feet wet before jumping into the deep end.

Incremental movement, small wins.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,

how did you transfer from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur (full-time)? How did your road look like?

Greetz!

Before TMF .

Business plans... not filling a need, one thats valuable anyway.

After TMF

Action faking...busy work not getting anything done

Making bad decisions..

Failing.

More wrong decisions...

More failures.

Shitty a$$ entrepreneur now like im so bad.

But just take action, by action not making a website, or designing crap, or getting logos done on fiverr for a couple hundred dollars at a time... yeh i did that.

Just go out, talk to people and just go in with the attitude that you are there to help them.

Realise you wont have all the answers either, i dont know what im doing but i just go out there and talk to people, see if i can help them, make some calls etc.

And just figure stuff out as i go along.

BLIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 24, 2018
Singapore
idea is 1% while action is 99%. My philosophy done is better than perfect so you need to do what you want and keep continue with it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.