The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

From wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur: how did you do it?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

brief

Contributor
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys,

how did you transfer from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur (full-time)? How did your road look like?

Greetz!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
I'm still in the process. But pretty much by sheer force. Just start. It took me a lot of energy to make that first cold call. But you just need to make that "salto mortale" and get on with it. No secret sauce over here...

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Help people. Not with motivational posts on Instagram, but with some problem or frustration in their lives. If you can't help people in a practical way, you need to develop a skill.

EDIT: I misread the thread. Apologies for that.

My first teaching business I just started advertising locally, and built it up a few people at a time. Really simple stuff, flyers in peoples houses, posters around. I got more students, could afford better flyers. Got more students, outsourced flyers. At one point I had a company delivering 20,000 per month.

Eventually I maxed out my teaching time, put my prices up, switched business models, moved from running it out of my Dad's living room to a rented room, started having more people in a room per class and made a pretty crazy amount per hour.

Then I got stressed out with it.

I ended up torpedoing that business rather than take it to the next level, for a mixture of reasons.

Now I'm working on rebuilding an online version that can scale better and solve some of the problems I had with the off-line teaching. I launched a teaching site a couple of months ago, panicked, refunded people and cancelled the launch lol. Re-launching a new site next week.

Try, shoot myself in the foot, and try again.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Help people. Not with motivational posts on Instagram

But that's a start for someone who has never helped anyone.

At some point you gotta get your feet wet before jumping into the deep end.

Incremental movement, small wins.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,

how did you transfer from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur (full-time)? How did your road look like?

Greetz!

Before TMF.

Business plans... not filling a need, one thats valuable anyway.

After TMF

Action faking...busy work not getting anything done

Making bad decisions..

Failing.

More wrong decisions...

More failures.

Shitty a$$ entrepreneur now like im so bad.

But just take action, by action not making a website, or designing crap, or getting logos done on fiverr for a couple hundred dollars at a time... yeh i did that.

Just go out, talk to people and just go in with the attitude that you are there to help them.

Realise you wont have all the answers either, i dont know what im doing but i just go out there and talk to people, see if i can help them, make some calls etc.

And just figure stuff out as i go along.

Benny Lim

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 24, 2018
Singapore
idea is 1% while action is 99%. My philosophy done is better than perfect so you need to do what you want and keep continue with it

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom