The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Portugal, with desire to learn

enlight05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2017
Portugal
Hello everybody

I'm Carlos, a 22 years old guy from Portugal, who is recently graduating in Mechanical Engineering.

I don't see myself as a Mechanical Engineer from here on until the rest of my life, and I want to choose a different path for me.

I came across the book UNSCRIPTED a few days ago, and it has been an eye opener for me.

Deep down, I did not know where to start to find guidance, and I think I can learn a lot from this community about discovering a new way to my life, since it is just starting.

I have no previous finance or entrepreneurial background, and I'm ready to make the leap now. So far, I have never learned so much from a book than with UNSCRIPTED . Thank you so much @MJ DeMarco!

Best regards

Carlos

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Heyyy !

Welcome Carlos !

I am a french Fastlaners apprentice, but I love PORTUGAL and my girlfriend is portuguese... Where do you live ?

We have the goal to permanent living in portugal in 2 years, and create a business there...

enlight05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2017
Portugal
Heyyy !

Welcome Carlos !

I am a french Fastlaners apprentice, but I love PORTUGAL and my girlfriend is portuguese... Where do you live ?

We have the goal to permanent living in portugal in 2 years, and create a business there...

Hey!

Thank you.

I live nearby Porto. It is a goal to be addicted to :)

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Welcome Carlos. Don't worry about not knowing where to start - nearly all of us have been in the same situation are you - some are still there. Don't be in too much of a hurry, you have plenty of time and big money comes fast when you get it right. Focus on building your mindset and read as much as you can on here. See what others are doing and have done - it'll give you ideas on what to look for.

The main theme here is to look for ways to help people and the money should follow. You might not hit it first time but that doesn't matter. Just keep pushing forward, try to hang out with positive minded people who think like you. Something will come your way soon. Always be looking around - opportunities are everywhere. Be ready to help and make sure that when opportunity knocks you answer the door.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

enlight05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2017
Portugal
What do you think about the business context and economic environnement in PORTUGAL at this time ?

I believe that Portugal is a promising country in terms of lifestyle (amazing weather, things are cheap, people are nice...).

However, its economic situation is somehow fragile. You have very prosperous businesses, mainly in restauration sectors. And even more every day, since a lot of tourists prefer Portugal to visit or just chill.

Therefore, creating a business centered in helping people can turn into a huge profit, in my opinion.

Based on what I see and hear from friends, family and recent graduates, for every other areas in the industry, if anyone decides to work for a company (consulting, engineering...), you work long hours (+8 per day, normally), have a low salary compared to what you worth (even if you have amazing past experience) and constantly search for the weekends to escape your rotine.

Summing it all: The best option would be creating a business, directed for people. If you have strong ideas for this, it's green light :)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal

Please SEARCH before posting.