The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! From debt/despair to Bentley (and revs eclipsing 10K/day)!

OP
OP
Sharko

Sharko

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2015
Please don't take my message too personnal, i was just saying that you had a little help from your friend but that doesn't do the work itself, but i suppose he gave you some tips and helped you on building your knowledge.

You had to learn for sure, that's why i said it was inspiring for me because you learn everything of the business in the short period of time.
That will make me think twice everytime i'll say "I don't know a thing about this business".
Oh no! I didn’t take it personal lol, I just felt like I didn’t give you enough feedback so I wanted to put that out there! It’s all good in the hood :)

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com
That will make me think twice everytime i'll say "I don't know a thing about this business".
I try to remind myself that we all come out the same way ... with zero knowledge. Eventually we must take in new knowledge and learn. In the old days, such knowledge could only be acquired thru a parent, a friend, a confidant, an expensive education.

Now, it's all just "out there" ripe for the taking.

For a lot of people (not just millenials) the problem isn't knowledge, it's the work required to acquire it. And work is a dirty four-letter word.

AlessioLC

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2017
France
I try to remind myself that we all come out the same way ... with zero knowledge. Eventually we must take in new knowledge and learn. In the old days, such knowledge could only be acquired thru a parent, a friend, a confidant, an expensive education.

Now, it's all just "out there" ripe for the taking.

For a lot of people (not just millenials) the problem isn't knowledge, it's the work required to acquire it. And work is a dirty four-letter word.
True..it’s just seems like a mountain when you begin your project and learn a new industry.

It’s about taking the time to learn and taking actions.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
www.phoenixengineering.com
It is also the ability to be able to 'try' and 'fail' that is lacking. We reinforce these kids now to only do it if it will 'get likes' ...... a potential business failure (where you learn how to run your next business) does not fit that model.....

AlessioLC

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2017
France
It is also the ability to be able to 'try' and 'fail' that is lacking. We reinforce these kids now to only do it if it will 'get likes' ...... a potential business failure (where you learn how to run your next business) does not fit that model.....
To be honest it's my case too, but i'm not scared of trying, i'm scared of losing money. But then i keep telling myself : Money is unlimited, time isn't.

JohnD Realestate

Making Real Estate Great Again.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 23, 2017
Chappaqua
newburghrenovationco.onuniverse.com
Ha! So true. After a big failure I thought I needed to start from scratch begin new biz, wait a while etc.

Learned to just fail and get back right at it.

This thread is sick. I need to start a progress thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom