The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From broke lawyer to halfway into fastlane.

Bruno AG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 28, 2021
Brazil
hi all.

I’ll try to keep this short,

My story:

Basically I’m from a third world country, I graduated as a lawyer because I everyone said lawyers made lots of money (which is far from the true here in my country).

Lucky I hated the experience since the first year I got into law and, during all of my graduation, I tried side gigs to make money: throwing rock n Roll parties, blogging/ YouTubing about movies and games (wasn’t aware of the Need commandment), dropshipping … needless to say that everything failed.

Right after I graduated, I discovered “day trading” and lost $5000,00 (I know it’s not a lot but if we convert to my currency that is a lot of money).

Anyway, I was making less than 300$ as a lawyer and was constantly losing money on day trading, that’s when I read the millionaire fastlane and all of the other books that MJ wrote.

I was aware that I didn’t have the skills required to build something that would free me but I knew what I had to do.

I stoped day trading, started studying how to build websites and how to run ads. I was still clueless on what I should do but I kept studying.

One day I discovered I could apply for remote jobs on the US. I tried in 4 different companies and got an internship in my fourth try.

That was a huge thing for me, the stipend they paid was the double amount of money that I was getting by being a lawyer.

After 6 months working there, I became a full contractor and nowadays, when I convert my monthly salary to my currency, it is 8 times more than what I was making in a month as a lawyer.

It has changed my life !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
After 6 months working there, I became a full contractor and nowadays, when I convert my monthly salary to my currency, it is 8 times more than what I was making in a month as a lawyer.

Wow, great arbitrage, congrats. In some respect it is a form of entrepreneurship.

Welcome to the forum.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Congratulations!
Keep going :)

P.S : Could you list out the resources you used to find a remote job? I've been trying to find one but can't find a trustworthy source.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
hi all.

My story:

Basically I’m from a third world country, I graduated as a lawyer because I everyone said lawyers made lots of money (which is far from the true here in my country).

Lucky I hated the experience since the first year I got into law and, during all of my graduation, I tried side gigs to make money: throwing rock n Roll parties, blogging/ YouTubing about movies and games (wasn’t aware of the Need commandment), dropshipping … needless to say that everything failed.

Right after I graduated, I discovered “day trading” and lost $5000,00 (I know it’s not a lot but if we convert to my currency that is a lot of money).

Anyway, I was making less than 300$ as a lawyer and was constantly losing money on day trading, that’s when I read the millionaire fastlane and all of the other books that MJ wrote.

I was aware that I didn’t have the skills required to build something that would free me but I knew what I had to do.

I stoped day trading, started studying how to build websites and how to run ads. I was still clueless on what I should do but I kept studying.

One day I discovered I could apply for remote jobs on the US. I tried in 4 different companies and got an internship in my fourth try.

That was a huge thing for me, the stipend they paid was the double amount of money that I was getting by being a lawyer.

It has changed my life !
Great work. What work are you doing as a contractor? Are you using any of that extra revenue to grow something on the side?

Bruno AG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 28, 2021
Brazil
Congratulations!
Keep going :)

P.S : Could you list out the resources you used to find a remote job? I've been trying to find one but can't find a trustworthy source.
Sure, the first website I used was Remote Jobs in Programming, Design, Sales and more #OpenSalaries
It has lots of good jobs there but most of them are for developers !

Once the first company told me no, they recommended this website to me: The Web’s Best Remote Jobs

Which is the one that I found my internship.

Good luck, don’t give up and try as many jobs as you can!

Bruno AG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 28, 2021
Brazil
Great work. What work are you doing as a contractor? Are you using any of that extra revenue to grow something on the side?
I started doing basic stuff for the marketing department: personalizing cold email, researching tools, prospecting…

Then I started studying about google Ads, google tag manager, google analytics and I asked them if I could do it there, they allowed me to and now I work mainly on prospecting and google ads.

Regarding your second question, I’m doing a side project which is a self development course, I’m not the expert but I help the expert in all of the sales / funnel strategy and I get 30% on every sale.

I’m using Jeff’s walker strategy to sell the courses, so far I wasn’t able to make lots of money but I’m aware of the process and that I’ll get better at it the more I do.

FactaNonVerba

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2021
San Diego, CA
I’m using Jeff’s walker strategy to sell the courses, so far I wasn’t able to make lots of money but I’m aware of the process and that I’ll get better at it the more I do.
What’s Jeff Walker’s strategy?

Rayshy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 27, 2021
hi all.

My story:

It has changed my life !
Way to go man. Congratulations

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I started doing basic stuff for the marketing department: personalizing cold email, researching tools, prospecting…

Then I started studying about google Ads, google tag manager, google analytics and I asked them if I could do it there, they allowed me to and now I work mainly on prospecting and google ads.

Regarding your second question, I’m doing a side project which is a self development course, I’m not the expert but I help the expert in all of the sales / funnel strategy and I get 30% on every sale.

Can you get your own Google Ads clients?

Bruno AG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 28, 2021
Brazil
Can you get your own Google Ads clients?
I wasn’t sure if I should get clients right away, I’m still on the learning curve, I just started doing google ads b/c I convinced asked them, once they approved it, I started learning and implementing on the go.

Of course, I wanted to learn about it so that I could use it on my course selling side hustle, I think I’ll get more net profit by selling courses than closing clients providing Google ADS service.

What do you think?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...