The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Affiliate Marketing To Importing And Ecommerce

Marketing, social media, advertising

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Can someone give advice for some ignorant questions I have?

**where I'm at: I made a fb page, made an ad, got an ad account and placed an order for cpm bid which is under review(first time fb ad user)**

1) I'm looking to test 5-6 products this week and I want to spend. Should I get a business checking account now? I don't want to run up my personal credit and lower my score.
2) If I get a business checking account I need an llc. Should I just go ahead and spend ~300 bucks now? I haven't gotten an llc before.
3) When scoping for products, what alibaba payment options should I look for, so I can rule out vendors I don't want to work with?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
This is common. Biz Manager accounts come with 2 ad accounts only. However, just as you did, you can message support and get that limit bumped by showing them that you are legitimate and need more accounts. I've never had any issues in getting more accounts myself, so you shouldn't run into any issues. They may want to see proof that your company is a company and not just some punk affiliate trying to game the system. Might need to a create a simple wordpress website with your 'business' name on it, contact info, etc.
Have a full Shopify site set up with biz name, products, etc.... while I'll be running the "out of stock" email testing strategy to start, feel like it should be ok.

Thanks!

jfny

Oh it's coming. Just wait.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 23, 2016
@hughjasle Great thread. Came across it an hour or so ago. Read the whole thing.

What tips/pointers would you give to someone who is struggling to find a product?
What are some attributes you think a product must have in order for it to pass the cut / even get considered?

I've researched this before but want to hear your thoughts on it because you make it seem pretty easy.

jfny

Oh it's coming. Just wait.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 23, 2016
Ignore this. Double post by accident. Something glitched.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
The videos are getting plenty of views, but not many people visiting the site, how will I know if it's because of the ad or video or a product no one wants?
You will have to test another version of the video or ad to see if it is the ad or the product. Views are easy to get. Just pay for them, clicks to the offer should be pretty simple as well, it's the purchases that should be hard. What kind of ads are you running? Just Video ads with no link?

kd38

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 15, 2014
You will have to test another version of the video or ad to see if it is the ad or the product. Views are easy to get. Just pay for them, clicks to the offer should be pretty simple as well, it's the purchases that should be hard. What kind of ads are you running? Just Video ads with no link?

Testing and finding out what works is essentially it. Your threads have been complete gold, I have screenshots of a number of things you have said [emoji23]. Perhaps I should stop screenshotting and start actioning and testing.

The add would be of the video, (no call to action just demoing the product.)

The description is basically. “Get your hands on our popular *insert product here* with 30% off. Use the coupon code:.
Quickly, before we run out of stock.

Click this link to buy it now: *insert link shortened with google*

We had 51k views
250 website clicks
1 add to basket [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
If you want to hit that stuff I know there are some threads here on forum about dropshipping and doing more viral stuff. I am far more into high priced high quality ecom at this point.

Thanks, I was wondering about this. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by high quality when I was reading through some of your older posts. I think that I'm more interested going the high priced/high quality ecom route. Back to the drawing board!

Anthony Gordon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 4, 2016
Another update:

The Ups and Downs

Sales have been going good. In fact got this fun message on Shopify earlier:
http://screencast.com/t/p4NhBu9e
So that was cool.

UNTIL.....

Got this other kind of fun message:

http://screencast.com/t/DrQluUqPy

So spent the day calling shopify and sending in my ID etc. Nothing left to do but wait till tomorrow and call them again :headbanger:

So I shut down the ad, didn't want another $5k a day worth of orders rolling in while I'm under some sort of review till I get this straightened out. Besides, I'm almost all out of the inventory I just ordered anyhow. Once I get things back on I can sell the rest of them no problem....

...or so I thought.

Turns out FB decided to flag my account and remove my payment method when I paused the ad. Guess they got mad and retaliated thinking I was taking my business elsewhere. So I filled out their various forums, and hit them up on every help channel they provide, and got word back saying, "sorry this happened, they don't know why it did, just add a new payment method"

So I did and at least have the account ready to roll again.

Just waiting for shopify to put my account in good standing again so I can get back to work.

Luckily during this break I began running test ads for 2 new products that I've been eyeing and the results looks promising :hurray:

***edited since the images showed up so only ant's could see them, now us mere mortals can see them with the links provided. Can't seem to win with these images working properly lately...

hi loving the updates just wondering where are you actually looking for products and i am guessing you are ordering these products and then shipping them yourself ?

kd38

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 15, 2014
Would you say that the earlier posts you made in this thread are not worth touching anymore?

I recently started selling via Amazon, and have yet to start advertising, but eventually will want to branch out into my own shopify store and essentially run ad campaigns on fb etc.

Would you say your current model is much different to how you used to do things? Mainly talking about the process as opposed to the actual products.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.