The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From 0 to Freedom in 3 Months

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Congrats on the progress!!

To your question. I'd be direct. First, ask her how satisfied she is with the results and if it matches the expectations she had before you started working together. Ideally, she would be positive about it. After this, don't beat around the bush. Tell her, this was a trial work so she could see how you perform, but from now on you will need to charge her. Lead the discussion from there. Wish you success!!

Great that you are trying to find a structure. Personally, I wouldn't go for exact times, because it may demotivate you if you miss it. Rather define 3 main tasks with any subtasks that you need to finish every day, the night before together with the assessment of what you did on that day - what worked, what didn't. Celebrate the small wins every day and learn from failures.

Another point. Don't forget to take care of your mind and body - healthy diet, exercise, meditation. Set at least one day a week to clear your head and do something else to recharge for the next week.

cheers!

Thanks for the advice buddy! I will write her an email this weekend with some stats from our campaign and tell her that we will evaluate our campaign on 11th of February (then it has been running for a month (!!)). I will try to transition her to become a paid client in this time.

I really need to focus on exercising. My diet is healthy with the occasional beer some days, but really need to do more exercise. I have never tried meditation. Will definately look that up. I see that it helped a lot of successful people :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 47 - Some Things You Cannot Control

I had absolutely no progress in the last 5 days. I have not been sick for maybe 15 years (I am the type that used to walk around without a winter hat in minus 25 degrees celsius in Moscow and feel perfectly fine). So I always thought that people complained to much when they got sick, because how bad could that be?

Oh, I was wrong. We went to the capital city Podgorica this Saturday for a night, and returned home to our little coastal town Bar Sunday to watch my lovely Denmark win the World Cup in Handball (insane performance). I felt totally fine untill I woke up Monday and I was totally smashed. Like I had been partying and fighting for 4 weeks straight with Mike Tyson. I ended up sleeping the whole day (slept more than 36 hours in a row I think!). Still feeling like shit, but much better than Monday and Yesterday though. Have to make a visa run to Croatia again tomorrow, so hopefully Friday is the day I will start going my 120 % again (if I dont get more sick from the visa run).

Small updates:

- My trial clients campaign is still going well. 42 sign ups in 3 weeks. Will evaluate everything with her in 10 days time, and if she doesnt agree to be a paid client, that must be one of the worst decisions she will make business wise. Hopefully, that will be my first paid client in 10 days time.

- My US prospect said she was looking forward to working with me and asked me to send a proposal. I sent that last Wednesday to which she replied that she would review it and get back to me. Still havent heard anything from her, so I wrote her a follow up email today. Really strange that she dissappeared like this. Hopefully she is not bailing out and has a valid reason for not replying for more than a week.

- Facebook is apparently strict when it comes to ads. As some of you might know from my other thread in here, my wife creates handmade portraits of people and animals. So I just wanted to run some small traffic to Fiverr through Facebook Ads. As soon as I clicked "publicate this campaign" Facebook decided to deactive my account instantly. Like WTF Zuckerberg. Took me almost a week and 3 long emails before their support admitted that it was a mistake and re-activated my account again. Their reason for deactivating my account was that it was not allowed to post adult products or sexual related services. How in the world did they view portraits of people or animals on Fiverr as prostitution is a good question. This just reminds me how important MJ´s CENTS are. There is no control here. Facebook can basically close you down from one day to another.

Basically, we have around 1 month left in Montenegro as I have to be back home in Denmark in the beginning of March. So this month I will hustle the hardest! Plan is to stay one month and Denmark and then have enough capital to move somewhere warmer again. We are thinking about 2-3 months in Thailand as we have some really good friends living in Bangkok. Only issue there is the time difference. Will be tough to have 12 hours time difference with my American clients.

Now I finally feel like a human being again, and I promise that I will update more often, like I did in the beginning. Thank you guys for following my journey so far. I am halfway now from 0 to Freedom in 3 months. So I need to step it up a bit if I want to achieve my goal. I still think it is possible though! :)

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 60 - I Am Back

Lack of motivation, procrastination, action-faking, bad luck, sickness, personal issues etc etc etc. There are so many excuses I can use for the lack of progress. To hell with them. I am back more motivated than ever!

2 months have passed now, and time is running! I think one of the issues with motivation is that I did not update this progress thread regularly. I will start doing it now again. Hope you missed me haha!

Updates:

- I will have a talk with my first trial client this week. It is time for me to convert her into a paying client. Her campaign has been running for a month now and I basically havent touched it for the last 2-3 weeks. We have had more than 60 sign ups for an ad spend of 230 USD. Really great results!

- I lost my American client. She thought that my price was to high based on my experience. What has this taught me? Seem more professional and keep out details that will make you seem unexperienced. Less chit-chat and more professionalism.

Plans:

- Unfortunately, I will be leaving Montenegro in 2 weeks. Need to go back home to Denmark and start my company there. Will spend the whole of March in Denmark, which is good as it gives me the opportunity of closing some clients face-to-face. If all goes well we will head to somewhere cheap and warm in April (maybe Thailand). If all goes to shit I might be looking at getting a job for a short period of time in Denmark. I will do anything not to go back to the slowlane though, so the only option is to hustle the hardest now!

- I have totally revamped my business model and pricing. I have created a website so everything seems much more professional and created an amazing Case Study that I show to my prospects.

- I will really go all in on Cold Emails and LinkedIn now. Will send 50 personalized Cold Emails to US clients, 10 to Danish clients and connect with 50 people from the US fitness industry on LinkedIn every day!

What do I need to succeed?

I need somewhere between 4 or 6 recurring clients before 1st of April. This is the bare minimum for what I need in order to not go back to a job.

I plan to send 2000 US Cold Emails, 400 DK Cold Emails and send connections to 2000 people on LinkedIn. I strongly believe that somewhere in there I have at least 5 potential clients.

I understand now that it is all a numbers game. I know that I can create results and I know that I am actually good at what I do. So there is nothing else to it but hustle! Just need to keep sending emails and keep connecting with people and I know that I will succeed.

I promise to update almost every single day in the next one and a half month. Thank you guys for all of your support through the last 2 months. It really meant the world to me.

LEEEEETS DO THIS!

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I was worried when I didn't see any update for 10 days. Good to see you back. And good to see you are still out there hustling as if it was day 0.

Keep going strong!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I was worried when I didn't see any update for 10 days. Good to see you back. And good to see you are still out there hustling as if it was day 0.

Keep going strong!

Thank you very much for the encouraging words! Glad that somebody was worried for me haha! I will keep hustling and I believe that the first sale is really really close!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 66 - Feeling Like A Robot

So today was a robot day - aka lead generation day. The boring work has to be done as well. Managed to collect 180 leads on CrossFit gyms. Those are my main focus now as I have a real successful Case Study to show them.

Tomorrow I will try to send out the first 100 personalized emails. I started using something called Yet Another Mail Merger. I really love this tool and it helps me to personalize the emails and then send them out.

Been watching a lot of Alex Berman recently on Youtube and got really inspired on his success with Cold Emails. So I will try my best to send out 100 emails a day.

Sent out 50 emails 2 days ago, and got a 80 % open-rate. Only 2 replies. One was interested and the other one was just polite to reply that he was not interested. I have analyzed my emails and will change them a bit. I believe that the response rate will go up. The interested owner had not booked a time yet on my Calendly, so will write him tomorrow and propose a time for him.

Of other updates I have sent a proposal to my trial client. She is travelling right now, but promised to read my long email one of these days. I honestly made a very favourable price for her, so if she does not accept the offer, then she will really miss out on something. Also gave her incentives for bringing me referrals. So wish me luck on this one!

Plans before 1st of April:

- Set up company in Denmark when I go back in a couple of weeks.
- Send 2700 US/Canada/UK cold emails.
- Send 270 DK cold emails.
- Send out 500 US LinkedIn connection requests.
- Send out 400 DK LinkedIn connection requests.
- Send out 50 DK snail mails.

If I can keep that pace I strongly believe that I can land at least 5-6 clients before 1st of April. Let the hustle continue!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Someone wrote on FLF that doing long emails looks spammy.

Their suggestion was to write short (like very short) email as starter
and write long email only to those that have shown interest.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Well done!

So, 50 emails and 1 who's interested--that's a 2% response rate, which is pretty good for cold emailing. What can you do to:
  • increase that response rate,
  • increase the number of responses, and
  • close those responses/prospects on an initial engagement?
Something else you might try: Join & post to Facebook & LinkedIn groups whose members are your target client. Offer value (i.e., post a few tips/tricks) first, not just a pitch.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Someone wrote on FLF that doing long emails looks spammy.

Their suggestion was to write short (like very short) email as starter
and write long email only to those that have shown interest.

Thanks for the advice. I totally agree with you. I have shortened my cold emails a lot. They used to be very loooong. Now I have like 2 personal lines, and 2 value proposition lines. That is it.

Will let you know the exact formula if it turns out to be a success!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Well done!

So, 50 emails and 1 who's interested--that's a 2% response rate, which is pretty good for cold emailing. What can you do to:
  • increase that response rate,
  • increase the number of responses, and
  • close those responses/prospects on an initial engagement?
Something else you might try: Join & post to Facebook & LinkedIn groups whose members are your target client. Offer value (i.e., post a few tips/tricks) first, not just a pitch.

Thanks buddy! Actually had 2 interested. I am aiming for around 4-5 % response rate. Want to have around 4-5 leads a day if I send out 100 emails. Is that maybe too ambitious?

Most important thing is to work on the response rate and to close the actual deals.

Actually a good idea about the groups. I have thought of it before. Just never got to it. Think I will start out on Facebook and join 5 groups a day. And then add value. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
How much your package cost to sign up a client?

I have actually still not decided my price points. They fluncuate a lot. I am just eager to start getting some paid clients now, so I might be selling myself to cheap. I am trying for a price point of 500 USD now, plus they also need at least an additional of 300 of ad spend. This amount is like almost the bare minimum I can go for. But again, everything depends on the client and how much work I believe I will have to do and what kind of results I expect. I want them to feel like it is an investment and not an expense. Hope it made sense :D

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 67 - Austin Powers

It is much more fun to update when you actually hustle through and have things going on. Since I am moving back to Denmark next week I have a lot of practical stuff to do. So unfortunately I only got to send 40 emails today. Will try to compose the last 60 and put them on send later. So far from the 40 I had 1 response. From a gym owner who has been burned by 3 other FB agencies, but maybe I can get her on board somehow. If I am creative enough!

Had my first US call from the cold email campaigns today! A really cool crossfit-gym owner from Austin, Texas. My English has become a bit rusty and my sales skills as well, however, I have always been good at small talking and coming across like an easy going person. I think that is helping me out a lot in my conversations. I need to learn to sound more confident though. We talked for 30 minutes, and he was not ready yet to put up the money. He said he had tried different advertising without any luck and that it would be difficult for him to pay so much up front without knowing if he will get results or not.

Needless to say, I am really eager to get into the US market and I am confident in my skills. Furthermore, I really liked this dude and his gym really seems like a nice place to be, so I offered him to run his campaigns for free for 1 week, to actually show him that it works. So there is my first US trial clients. He mentioned he wanted to establish a long-term business relationship if he could actually see that it was working. That clients were coming through the door.

Some might say that I should know my value and not work for free. I say to hell with it. What do I have to lose. If I can get this guy results, he sounds like the type of client I want to work with.

This first call actually went much better than expected. In a language that I have not spoken for a while and after 4 beers and 2 glasses of wine at a farewell dinner.

Austin, Texas = good people. Now on to the next one!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 68 - Now With My First Paid Client

Goooooodmorning America. While you guys are just starting your day, it is already afternoon here in Europe. And looks like I just did my first sale!

I might have undersold myself and I haven't received the money on my account yet, but I consider it a sale.

It is my first ever trial client for whom I got great results for. She accepted my proposal and really praised my attitude and said how much she loved to work with me. Also gave her incentives for referrals and she said that she might already have one customer for me.

She is basically the foundation of my business. The case study I made on her is one of the main reasons I keep getting leads from my cold emails. So that is one of the reasons I gave her a really favorable deal. One of the other reasons is that I just needed that first F*cking sale haha!

I offered her to pay from the 1st of March, due to legal reasons. I have to go back home and start up my company now.

This might not be a lot of money, but honestly this small sale feels much better than the day I won 3000 in online poker online. There is just something about when people recognize your work and the feeling that you bring value to the table.

Once again thanks to this amazing forum. Without you it would not have been possible. Now on to cold emailing you lovely Americans!

Vinchedda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 1, 2018
Congrats on your first sale! Enjoying the progress! and again, very inspiring information.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Congrats on your first sale! Enjoying the progress! and again, very inspiring information.

Thank you for the warm words buddy. Glad you are getting something out of my thread. Will keep going. Still a loooooong way to freedom, yet I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
That sounds very encouraging. I am in web design/sales funnel business and I am going to give a shot in western hemisphere as well. Keep up the hustle

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
That sounds very encouraging. I am in web design/sales funnel business and I am going to give a shot in western hemisphere as well. Keep up the hustle

Thank you! It might sound a little intimidating going after markets where they do not speak your main language. But people are generally really nice and so far they do not seem to care about the accent and the fact that I am from abroad. I think you should just go for it. Check out @EarlOfChina thread about LinkedIn Strategy. Think that will be a good approach for what you are offering!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 74 - Sometimes You Need To Take A Step Back In Order To Move Forward

It sounds so cliche, yet I believe it can be true. I still have 16 days, but I realize that I will not make it to freedom just yet. So what is the plan?

We just left Montenegro. Already miss the country, but I have a couple of days layover in one of my favorite cities, Budapest. So everything ain't that bad after all.

Thursday I will be back in Denmark. It has it upsides and downsides. I wished I could have a couple of more months to keep hustling in Montenegro, but it seems like the money will not last. Also when you are married, you have another person to think of as well. Fortunately my wife is backing me up in my Fastlane plans and that really helps a lot. She comes from an upbringing where her granddad build up his own huge business 'empire' from being a poor immigrant. So fortunately she grew up in a Fastlane family!

It looks like I have to go back to the slowlane for a while. Just to get my finances back in shape. I am to join the slowlane for 2-3 months and maximum 6 months. By that time I believe I will have an income from my business that will surpass the income from my slowlane job and then I will quit.

The downside is of course that I would be spending the majority of time working for someone else. The transport will take me at least 2-4 hours a day. But that is not the biggest downside as I can work on my own business on the train. I will get exhausted during these months, but I have seen many of you guys create your businesses while working full time. You guys are a true inspiration and also therefore I believe that I can do it as well!

There are actually upsides to this decision (it's not really a decision as I do not have that much choice haha).
  • First upside is a little financial stability. I really need this at this moment.
  • Second my wife is non EU-citizen and in order for us to get her residency in Europe I need to stable income.
  • Third is I will be very close to all of my potential clients. Not to brag about things, but I am a very likeable person and it has always been easier for me to close deals face to face. Now I will be right next to my target group and it will be so much easier to land clients than when I was in Montenegro.
  • The last upside is that I will get a job in sales. This is the area I need to excel in. So I will see this slowlane job as a course. Not a course that I paid a lot of money for, but a course that is paying me money. What I learn from here I can quickly implement in my own business.
I feared this moment, but I knew it would probably come at some point. Even though I would have loved to continue working on my own business, I really need the financial stability for a couple of months.

Anyway, things are not as bad as they seems! Here are some small updates:

• As you know I landed my first client. Tomorrow I have a call with her to plan the further strategy. Also need to find out a payment option as I did not legalize my company yet. We will figure something out.
  • Tomorrow I also have a call with a referral from her. A guy who participated in Tour de France and won a lot of other races like Tour of Flandern. I used to be a huge Tour de France fan when I was a kid, so really looking forward to the call. He has basically come to the point in his business where he does not have the time to do marketing himself. So I really believe that this will be my second client.
  • Apart from the two calls I have signed up for Audible. So tomorrow I will walk around the beautiful city of Budapest and finally listen to Unscripted ! Tomorrow will be a good day!
I will still keep hustling when I go back to Denmark. Even more than before. Who knows. Maybe my business will take off even before I manage to find a job.

Once again thanks for the support in here. The accountability in here has really made the difference for me. I will still keep updating and don't worry. I will not come home after a long day of slowlane work and watch Netflix. I have invested to much in it and I believe that it is my path. So I will keep trying untill I will be successful. GRACIAS AMIGOS!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
@Chapas Thanks for the inspirations! I'm going to start a progress thread of my own and I'll see you on the other side

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
@Chapas Thanks for the inspirations! I'm going to start a progress thread of my own and I'll see you on the other side

It is my pleasure! Looking forward to your progress thread. Let me know when you have started it (maybe you already have?). I will definately make sure to check it out :)

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
It is my pleasure! Looking forward to your progress thread. Let me know when you have started it (maybe you already have?). I will definately make sure to check it out :)
Started one up here:
EXECUTION - 100 Days of Action Challenge

It's very, very detailed so it might be overwhelming but I'll be updating with more big picture stuff in the future.

Thanks for inspiring me!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 80 - WATCH OUT! The Slowlane Virus Is Amongst Us!

OMG it is weird to be home. Have been home for a little more than 4 days and I am already going crazy. I have been used to moving a lot and I know that nothing usually has changed when I get back home. And of course - also this time nothing has changed in the last 3 months while I have been gone. Except from one thing: ME!

The slowlane mentality of my friends and family are seriously already getting on my nerves. And you know what? I am so F*cking happy about this. This means that I will NEVER go back to the life I have lived before. Even though I will have to work some months in a slowlane job now. My approach and mentality has changed SO much!

I returned home Thursday and every day since then I have been exposed to the Slowlane Virus. Friday I spent 10 minutes explain my friend that I did not want to go out partying because I had so much work to do, and he really did not understand it.

He was like "Nobody work on Friday evenings", "You should enjoy your weekends" and "Do you really think you will get anything done on a Friday evening?". Deeeeeear lord. This is a guy who works every Sunday as a realtor and has no complaints about it - because that is how life is. You work when your boss tell you to work.

Every day has been the same. I love my friends and family, but I feel like they are dragging me down. When I one day will succeed with my projects, my first goal would be to help them all change their mindset and create a happier life for themselves.

Enough with the rant! I will try to not let things distract me. Will make some updates in the next couple of days. Thank you guys for tuning in. Will stop bitching from now on and keep hustling and hustling untill I will reach freedom. Leeeets do this!

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
@Chapas thanks for this discussion. It's been really inspiring.

I hope you don't find me rude if I make a few observations/suggestions?

1. Your target niche is generally limited in the number of clients they can handle as they sell their time for money - only a small percentage of PTs have a productocracy.

2. Most PTs have customers already and typically get new ones via word of mouth referrals.

3. Here in the UK PTs typically charge £25-40/hour (yes I know there are exceptions!). If your basic offer is going to cost around $800 that needs to bring in 20 hours of business (@ $40/hr) just to break even.

I think your proposition needs:

A. A lower price initial offering - to demonstrate the value you can add whilst lowering the risk for your clients.

B. Something that helps your niche break the time for money cycle.

C. Target a more scalable, high growth niche.

I'm not saying there isn't lots of business to be won in your niche. There probably is. I just worry that your chosen niche could limit your Fastlane potential.

I for one would be interested in your services when my product offering is ready.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
@Chapas thanks for this discussion. It's been really inspiring.

I hope you don't find me rude if I make a few observations/suggestions?

1. Your target niche is generally limited in the number of clients they can handle as they sell their time for money - only a small percentage of PTs have a productocracy.

2. Most PTs have customers already and typically get new ones via word of mouth referrals.

3. Here in the UK PTs typically charge £25-40/hour (yes I know there are exceptions!). If your basic offer is going to cost around $800 that needs to bring in 20 hours of business (@ $40/hr) just to break even.

I think your proposition needs:

A. A lower price initial offering - to demonstrate the value you can add whilst lowering the risk for your clients.

B. Something that helps your niche break the time for money cycle.

C. Target a more scalable, high growth niche.

I'm not saying there isn't lots of business to be won in your niche. There probably is. I just worry that your chosen niche could limit your Fastlane potential.

I for one would be interested in your services when my product offering is ready.

Hi Lee

It is not rude at all. It is only helpful. Always love suggestions and feedbacks. That is the only way to move forward! Thank you!

I totally agree with you that especially PT´s sell their time for money. Lately I have not been targetting PT´s at all - but solely CrossFit gyms and regular gyms.

What I like about PT´s though is the fact that you do not go to a PT once and then never go back. You actually need to train with the PT for a while to get some value out of it. Here in Denmark PT´s usually do not go for less than 80 euros, and most are probably around 100 euros. At least the ones I have been in touch with and know of. The competition is huge though, and there are so many new PT´s coming to the market each year. It is starting to get really oversaturated.

I have actually lowered my prices so I charge around 400 USD for a PT per month. So with an ad spend of around 300 USD on top of that - they actually only need 1 new client to break-even (if this client buys at least 10 hours). That I believe is pretty realistic.

I completely agree with you that my niche is not perfect. However, I learned that it was the easiest niche to get started with for me. The response rate was really high and it is easy to get results in this niche.

I do plan to look into other more profitable niches later on, however, in the next 6 months I will definately go all out on this niche and try to get to at least 5000 USD in revenue. I think that should be possible.

Really appreciate your feedback!

What kind of product are you creating? Will always be happy to help a fellow fastlaner :)

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
I totally agree with you that especially PT´s sell their time for money. Lately I have not been targetting PT´s at all - but solely CrossFit gyms and regular gyms.

What I like about PT´s though is the fact that you do not go to a PT once and then never go back. You actually need to train with the PT for a while to get some value out of it. Here in Denmark PT´s usually do not go for less than 80 euros, and most are probably around 100 euros. At least the ones I have been in touch with and know of. The competition is huge though, and there are so many new PT´s coming to the market each year. It is starting to get really oversaturated.

I have actually lowered my prices so I charge around 400 USD for a PT per month. So with an ad spend of around 300 USD on top of that - they actually only need 1 new client to break-even (if this client buys at least 10 hours). That I believe is pretty realistic.

I do plan to look into other more profitable niches later on, however, in the next 6 months I will definately go all out on this niche and try to get to at least 5000 USD in revenue. I think that should be possible.

Really appreciate your feedback!

What kind of product are you creating? Will always be happy to help a fellow fastlaner :)

I'm an experienced Cyber Security Consultant but I'm in the process of developing a series of products designed to improve Cyber Security Habits in business owners and their employees.

After reading this thread I'm looking at taking some of your approach and adapting it for my own market with a view to engaging with potential clients even before I've fully developed my products.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I'm an experienced Cyber Security Consultant but I'm in the process of developing a series of products designed to improve Cyber Security Habits in business owners and their employees.

After reading this thread I'm looking at taking some of your approach and adapting it for my own market with a view to engaging with potential clients even before I've fully developed my products.

Sounds great buddy! Keep me updated. I used to work in Cyber Security for 2 years as well some years ago. This was on the B2C market though, so probably way different from you are doing now. But really interesting industry!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 81 - The Hustle Continues

Been home is tough. I try to stay balanced between doing client work, finding clients, searching for a slowlane job, keeping up with family and just taking care of random shit that happens. Like yesterday the pipes in our bathroom started to leak water into the neighbours apartment, so that was like 4-5 hours wasted with plumbers (should have asked them if they needed Facebook Ads!) Nevertheless, progress is still slowly happening.

Some small updates:

• Had a meeting yesterday with a guy who also does consulting/marketing for the Fitness Niche in Denmark. Learned A LOT! He has been working in this niche for 6-7 years and his network and experience is second to none. They offer all-in-one marketing solutions for gyms and personal trainers, however, they do NOT offer Facebook Ads and other forms for PPC. We decided that we should definately try to work together soon - first we just need to find out how to structure it so we both will get a good deal for me. The benefit is of course that he will send me clients (free sales) - the con is though that I will probably need to lower my prices on these clients. So we really need to figure out if it is feasible for both of us.
  • Had a call with a potential client that was referred to me yesterday. It was a good-quick 20 minute discovery call. Promised him to make some ideas and a proposal for him by tomorrow. I see this as having great potential to be my 2nd paid client. So now I just have to focus on the ideas/proposal/strategy and to NOT FØCK IT UP!

• Launched a new campaign for my 1st paid client. She is seriously a dream client and hope that I will work with her for a long time. Lets see if this campaign goes as well as the first (almost impossible though)

• I have a PT trial client that I will be launching a campaign for the next couple of days. She has a remote training program, so this is a totally new thing for me. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Agreed to manage her campaign for 2 weeks and then talk further business.

• SLOWLANE UPDATE: Been sending out a lot of applications for different sales/marketing jobs and will keep sending out. Got offered a job in sales at a Digital Marketing company today, but had to decline it as the salary was to low for me. There are a lot of interesting slowlane jobs amongst the ones I have sent to actually, but I still know already that I will HATE my job from Day 1, and only be able to think about my own business. Nevertheless, I have accepted that this is a step I need to take and that it is only temporary. So will try not to feel to bad about this and learn something on the way as well.
I have slowed down with lead generation and prospecting, so I need pick up the pace again. My goal is to have around 4 paying customers and find a decent slowlane job before the end of March. This will mean that I will have around 1800 USD from my business and at least 3800 USD from my slowlane job - a combined of 5600 USD per month (which is only 3600 USD after tax here....). This will allow me to get a little stability, pay off some debt and find an apartment. After that I hope to grow with 2 customers per month so I by the of June have an income of at least 5000 USD and after that quit my slowlane job (or wait a couple of months and pay off all my debt if I can handle both the job and the business).

So not everything is that bad. Just gotta keep hustling my friends!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Day 83 - Long Live Referrals

Just landed my second monthly client. Due to a referral from my first monthly client. LONG LIVE REFERRALS!

Current Monthly Revenue: 800 USD

Still a long way to go. However, it feels really motivating that people appreciate the work and service you are providing. What I actually learned from this one is that I could have asked a much higher price. I could tell by our conversation that he did not even blink twice when I mentioned my price. So I will think about increasing my price in the near future. He has a really nice concept and a HUGE network, so really looking forward to work with him!

Goals For March:

- Get at least 2 more clients - so my revenue will be around 1800-2000 USD
-
Find a slowlane job for the next 3-6 months = at least 4000 USD in revenue
- Legalize my company
- Buy my DK domain and translate website to Danish
- Create 2 videos for LinkedIn Strategy + Retargeting
- Create 4 Blog Posts for my Facebook Page + for LinkedIn

Cannot wait to gain my freedom and move to a country where it does not rain every day haha!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.